Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Enormous FF7 AC Theory Analysis (Major Spoilers)

What I'm just trying to say is that the guy is new, he hasn't seen all these theories and stuff that you and I are sick of. Therefore I think it slightly rude to call his arguments old, lame, and irrelevant because, from his point of view, that could not be furthest from the case.
    Check out my blog: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puddles123 View Post
    What I'm just trying to say is that the guy is new, he hasn't seen all these theories and stuff that you and I are sick of. Therefore I think it slightly rude to call his arguments old, lame, and irrelevant because, from his point of view, that could not be furthest from the case.
    Then is it so hard to scroll back through this sub section to read other posts? Why spam up the thread asking the same tired shit over and over again?

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Sephiroth was not killed early in FFVII. He was thrown into the Mako reactor and was frozen i the life stream. FFVII Crisis Core tells more about that incident

Let's get Jenova out of the way first. Jenova is an alien, the "Calamity From the Sky". She is a powerful being that uses worlds as her spaceship. No real explanation is given to why she does this aside from to steal the lifeforce of planets. Jenova landed on Gaia and caused the Northern Crater. If we noticed from the game, this exposed the lifestream. This is likely where she corrupted the lifestream the first time. (We also see when Aerith gets her first Limit Break the story of Jenova. She came from the sky, tainted the planet, was fought, and attempted to summon Meteor to destroy the planet.

Jenova uses the life of the planet to control it. In the game, Sephiroth never really mentions the Promisedland except in conjunction with the Centra. The Centra as we all should know are the ones who kept Jenova from taking the planet. We know Aerith was a decendant of the Centra.

Her death and release into the lifestream was a way for her to become one with the lifestream. As we see from the ending, she can control the lifestream. This is how she stopped Sephiroth's attempt at summoning the ultimate evil magic Meteor. This would mean that she can effectively control the lifestream.

The very last scene from the game is Aerith. Everyone likes to say that this was not meant to symbolize her using the lifestream, but why wouldn't it be? It would be the most logical explaination. This means that she can manifest herself through the lifestream. Anyone touched by the lifestream (Like Cloud and Sephiroth) should be able to see her. Since when people die on Gaia, their spirit goes to the lifestream, that would mean that Zack could be present with Aerith. Since a spirit is the spiritual form of a person, they can take shape in visions produced by Aerith. I would gather if Aerith can manifest herself in the lifestream physically (As Holy), that Jenova can probably do the same thing. She is in fact part of the lifestream as well. Which is why Aerith mentions that the world is sick because of Jenova.

Knowing these things, we know that anybody who can control the life of a planet (I.E. Aerith and Jenova), they can manifest themselves physically in a way or spiritually. Since Jenova must come in contact with a person to become a part of them, then that would mean that anybody who was infused with Mako is partially infused with Jenova since Mako is a type of energy made from the lifestream, just more condensed.

So, we know that Cloud and Sephiroth were touched by Mako. Sephiroth however was taken a step further in actually having cells from Jenova injected. Instead of a sort of taint or altered portion of lifestream energy, she would be more like a parasite within Sephiroth. This would mean that he is a host that follows commands of Jenova. In the game however, Sephiroth only developes this bond when in Nibelheim. This could be because Jenova's physical form was there. Since she was surrounded by Mako, this could have been keeping her active, but subdued like a comma victim. They never say that she was killed, just defeated. When Sephiroth got close enough to her, she might have been able to link with Sephiroth and transfer herself into his infected cells and complete the symbyosis.

We also notice at the Mako Reactor portion of the game that when you look into the pods, there are humanlike beings in there. They are being infused with Mako and are transforming into a new being. Cloud underwent this process to a lesser extent. Since we know that Mako is formed from the lifestream, this would mean that Cloud is infected by lifestream tainted by Jenova. This would probably be one of the better reasons why Cloud and Sephiroth are refered to as brothers. Since no other characters were presented as being part of this experiment, we don't know if there are anymore.

Moving on, we see that there are numbered cloaked figures that speak of "The Reunion". I don't exactly know how to explain this, but the mention of the Reunion in AC would suggest that this moment is when the reunion is going to happen. So could this mean that these cloaked figures are geostigma infected, or are they forms of Jenova infected people to a further extent? Remeber, when in Midgard, there is a guy in a pipe and a guy outside that said his brother one day became like this. This would mean that these cloaked figures are infected by Jenova in some way. They were also making their way to Nibelheim Reactor like Sephiroth did when he became evil.

These three spirits (Kadaj etc. etc.)could be those who actually made it to the reactor. We don't really know. That's my only guess. They speak a lot of the reunion like the cloaked figures did. Nothing would disuade them from their quest to make it happen either.....just like the cloaked figures.

This brings me to geostigma. When the children are standing around the statue, they are acting like the cloaked figures from the actual game. They are there, and Bahamut is summoned because they think Jenova is hidden under the statue. This could be true, but I don't see how. The children being drawn to Jenova like the cloaked figures being drawn to the reactor (Where the rest of Jenova's body was) could be liked. Who knows.

Aerith as we know used the lifestream to defeat meteor. The scene at the church was just a manifistation of her. She is the only one to be able to use Holy (The ultimate white magic) so this could be a manifistation of that. I believe Aerith's motivation and role is to completely defeat Jenova. However, since there are so many that could have possibly be infected by Jenova, this is hard. The healing rain could possibly be the destruction of the Mako manifistation of Jenova. Again, who really knows. It healed everybody infected with geostigma, so I figure that's what this means.

The trio of villains here could be one of many things. Pod people, people infected with Jenova cells (Hojo infected himself, so there must be a supply somewhere. So who knows what he did in the four years since the Sephiroth incident?) or spirits. I would not say spirits because they are actually a physical manifestation. I would tend to believe they are clones or infected with Jenova cells and underwent the same connection as Sephiroth did.

The connection made by Kadaj and Jenova's parts would suggest that he was an incomplete form of Sephiroth. Look, he was the leader of the three. He was obviously the one that was going to do this anyways. This makes me really think that Kadaj was the clone and not the other two. Perhaps he was controlling the others like Jenova did Sephiroth.

Only when Kadaj melded with the cells, did he become Sephiroth. This would tell me that Sephiroth could not be a total human, but a human version of Jenova. This draws me back to the Mako reactor incident when Sephiroth went crazy. Jenova was not dead. She was in some sort of comma and obviously communicating with Sephiroth. Sephiroth was a vessel for Jenova I believe. As was Kadaj a shell like Sephiroth and needed Jenova to become complete. This is my belief.

This leads me to believe that Kadaj had no complete Jenova cells. He was just Sephiroth without the cells probably infected with Mako. Since obviously Mako infection is different than cell infection (Hint: Cloud was infected, but not controlled like Sephiroth), Kadaj was most likely an incomplete clone that sought the cells to become whole again. The burning desire to find mother was the only thing the clone was missing.

Sephiroth becomes whole again. He mentions that Cloud could join him, but does not refer to him as brother. Could this mean that this is more Jenova and less Sephiroth? I'd say so. Sephiroth does not mention using the world himself as a vessel to surf to new worlds, he only mentions that he wanted to find the Promisedland so him and mother could be truly reunited. I think this in the game was the culmination of what happened in the movie. That Jenova finally became as complete and in control as she needed and Sephiroth was her new identity.

I believe this because Sephiroth's motive changes from finding and uniting with mother in the lifestream and sailing the universe with her to using the planet himself. I do not believe that Jenova is gone because before Sephiroth explodes into feathers, he says that he will never be a memory. This could also suggest a few things.

1) Jenova cells are completely gone, so Sephiroth can never return, but the infected lifestream will never fully disappear.

2) Everything was cleansed, but Sephiroth will always live in Cloud's nightmares.

3) Sephiroth still believes Cloud is a clone, therefore he is Sephiroth. (Which can't be true because Jenova was never able to take Cloud's body)

4) That Sephiroth is not gone, just hiding in the lifestream. He was a living thing, so he would essentially become part of the lifestream if killed.

Kadaj being taken at the end could mean that he was cleansed of Jenova. Since the tainted lifestream could have been a contributing factor to his creation, he would see Jenova if she took over. However, Jenova could look like Aerith when Kadaj is cleansed of Jenova. I would like to believe this is the reason. I say this because Kadaj knew who Jenova was. He knew that she was part of the planet. So this would suggest he was part of the lifestream, or infused with the tainted lifestream. The presence of Jenova taint could have clouded his view of the true mother of the planet.

I don't know. I'll add more if I see fit. These are wild theories based off facts from the game and the movie. Who knows what Square was thinking when they made the game. They might have revealed further points by introducing all these offshoots. I don't think they are done, because there are still way to many unknown factors. I hope we do see a definitive conclusion that answers all the FF7 questions we have.

That's the brilliant thing about leaving things open though. Maybe they will see these type of posts or completely make up the fillers for these holes. Wouldn't it be nice if some of your theories were used to make a complete saga? I just want a complete view from the Battle of Jenova and the Centra, all the way to the end....where ever that may be.

sass this hoopy frood superlusher's Avatar
    Kadaj being taken at the end could mean that he was cleansed of Jenova. Since the tainted lifestream could have been a contributing factor to his creation, he would see Jenova if she took over. However, Jenova could look like Aerith when Kadaj is cleansed of Jenova. I would like to believe this is the reason. I say this because Kadaj knew who Jenova was. He knew that she was part of the planet. So this would suggest he was part of the lifestream, or infused with the tainted lifestream. The presence of Jenova taint could have clouded his view of the true mother of the planet.
    When the aeris/jenova takes kadaj at the end, he calls her mother, and she responds saying 'why does everyone keep thinking im their mother today' (or something to that end. so i think it is actually aeris and not jenova. but acording to your theories, she does no doubt heal him of the jenova infection.

but then a discussion into ff7 philosopy could go on for years. we may never find the answers in our lifetime...

''Your life is yours alone, rise up and live it''.

stonythegreat, for your first post welcome. Second, thread necromancy is frowned upon. Check the date of the last post before posting. Third, your theory while it does have some good points remember that FFVII was made by a completely different team than the ones who made FFVII AC, so there are some discrepancies here and there.

Everyone has a theory about everything to do with FFVII/FFVII AC but ultimately it's up to SE to release any concrete thought into it, but honestly I think it should be taken as what it is. A movie to watch and enjoy, instead of examining everything with a magnifying glass.

Amazing to see that there's still people making theories about FF7.
    V for Valhalla

Amazing to see there's still people who care about making theories about FF7.

Amazing to see there's still people still making theories about a game 13 years old, and is over with.

Noli manere in memoria Galadín Nimcelithil's Avatar
    Amazing to see that this thread is still open.

Animam sacrificare necesse est?

Amazing... simply amazing.

I say it's harmless though; a mod will decide its fate.

I say it's harmless though; a mod will decide its fate.
    Mod: You do know, you sorry excuse for a thread, that I hold your fate in my hands????
    Thread: PLEASE don't close me, I beg of thee!!!!!!!
    Mod: Humph! And what could you possibly do to keep me from doing just that?
    *Thread quivers*
    Mod: SPEAK gods damn you, if you wish to convince me other wise!!!!!!
    Thread: I....I....I ....cccccc....couldddd..try to bbbbbe more inttteresssting!
    Mod: Bah! Impossible! No thread named 'Enormous FF7 AC Theory Analysis (Major Spoilers)' could ever become interesting!!! It wasn't interesting 13 yrs ago, so why would anybody find it interesting now???
    *Thread hangs its head in shame, and shrugs its shoulders in defeat*
    Thread: You're right you know.
    Mod: Of course I am! I am ALWAYS right. Now I shall end this pathetic excuse for a thread!

And that's the show!!!!!!! :P

ENCORE!!!

I play this card:

*Galaroval takes a bow*

*Thread lies face down and bloodied on the ground
    DH shows card in previous post.
    Thread is no more*

And then *gasp*, *shock*, *horror*, (and a little)*disgust*, we see Aerith coming over and bringing it back to life. !!!!!!!
    Ah Vienna...

Darkest Gunblade, you're a new member so I'll cut you some slack. However, do not revive dead threads. This thread hasn't been active for 4 months. PROTIP: look at the date of the last post, before posting. If the last post is within a month, ok. Also, if you desire to discuss the thread, please add something worthwhile instead of:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkest Gunblade View Post
    And then *gasp*, *shock*, *horror*, (and a little)*disgust*, we see Aerith coming over and bringing it back to life. !!!!!!!
    As that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

Going for Mod are we Revan?

Go for it. Divide et Imperat!
    Don't worry, Muffin will cover your tracks.