Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 932

Thread: galbadia hotel updates

  1. #51
    Sarah
    Guest
    Hero of legend: how exactly do those soundtracks "not work"? also: I refuse to add Dragonball soundtracks on principle.

    Trance Kuja: well, I'm not really doing this to be super ultra nice. I am willing to take into consideration the soundtracks people want though- doesn't make much sense to put the time into a site and not listen to what the visitors want really.

  2. #52
    Yes, I'm too damn lazy to change my ava.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    926
    Hrmmm, could you post a link to the site, I can't seem to get on using the one on the main page.
    CAPS LOCK : CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME!

  3. #53
    Keep Yourself Alive
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    Trance Kuja: well, I'm not really doing this to be super ultra nice. I am willing to take into consideration the soundtracks people want though- doesn't make much sense to put the time into a site and not listen to what the visitors want really.
    Though you know I disagree with the whole GH thing, I agree that you should add what the visitors want, but at the moment, if you, say, went into court because of GH, it doesn't seem like you would win the trial because of what I mentioned before. Just a pointer

    (btw, congrats on 7,000 posts )
    "Kuja v.s Kefka. Who would win?
    You Decide!"

  4. #54
    Sarah
    Guest
    Hrmmm, could you post a link to the site, I can't seem to get on using the one on the main page.
    I just restarted the server. should be up in a minute.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trance Kuja
    Though you know I disagree with the whole GH thing, I agree that you should add what the visitors want, but at the moment, if you, say, went into court because of GH, it doesn't seem like you would win the trial because of what I mentioned before. Just a pointer

    (btw, congrats on 7,000 posts )
    what things you mentioned earlier? the stuff in the other thread? if so: I'm not worried.

  5. #55
    Keep Yourself Alive
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    what things you mentioned earlier? the stuff in the other thread? if so: I'm not worried.
    The stuff about how visitors are requesting OSTs.

  6. #56
    Sarah
    Guest
    how would that make us any more liable?

  7. #57
    Keep Yourself Alive
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    how would that make us any more liable?
    Because it sounds as if you're acting as a vending machine, shooting out OSTs at the press of a button (in this case, a keyboard). You would have a much better albeit easier case if it were just regular updates without request.

  8. #58
    Sarah
    Guest
    next update, all currently being uploaded:

    Neverwinter Nights Trilogy
    Killer 7 Original Soundtrack
    Tekken 4 Original Sound Tracks
    Neverwinter Nights
    Tekken 3 PlayStation Soundtrack 002
    Illusion of Gaia
    Tekken
    Contra Spirits
    Tekken 2 Strike Fighting Vol.2
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms 5
    Tekken 2 Strike Fighting Vol.1
    Tekken 3 Arcade Soundtrack 001 ex
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms Heroic Legend
    Bahamut Lagoon Original Sound Version
    Orchestral Game Concert 4
    Orchestral Game Concert 3
    Orchestral Game Concert 2
    Romance of the Three Kindgoms 4
    Contra Hard Corps
    Orchestral Game Concert 5
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms 6
    Romance of the Three Kindgoms 3
    Romance of the Three Kindgoms 2
    Romance of the Three Kindgoms 1

  9. #59
    Keep Yourself Alive
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    420
    Can I ask something? Do you care about the places that actually sell VGM?

  10. #60
    Sarah
    Guest
    didn't we go over this in the other thread, dear?

  11. #61
    Keep Yourself Alive
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    didn't we go over this in the other thread, dear?
    No, if I remember correctly, we went over how pirating MP3s are bad, though we lightly touched on the issue. The question is, do YOU actually care about the places that sell VGM?

  12. #62
    Sarah
    Guest
    as I stated in the other thread, I don't believe galbadia hotel hurts sales. I think it does the opposite. if I didn't believe that I likely wouldn't be doing this.

  13. #63
    Keep Yourself Alive
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    as I stated in the other thread, I don't believe galbadia hotel hurts sales. I think it does the opposite. if I didn't believe that I likely wouldn't be doing this.
    But what about these people requesting OSTs? Are they likely going to buy them after listening?

  14. #64
    Sarah
    Guest
    I don't believe most of them would be likely to buy them regardless of if they're available online or not.

    ... and like half of the requests have been for rips, not soundtracks.

  15. #65
    Keep Yourself Alive
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    I don't believe most of them would be likely to buy them regardless of if they're available online or not.
    Then how are you helping sales?

    ... and like half of the requests have been for rips, not soundtracks.
    Which ones?

  16. #66
    Sarah
    Guest
    Then how are you helping sales?
    by creating a community of users interested in video game music. by introducing them to the genre, many of them are likely to end up purchasing video game music at somepoint in the future, whether this happens to be at an online import shop or when EB has a new tokyopop release.

    Which ones?
    this isn't the only thread where requests are being taken. I just know that for a lot of requests, particularly those for brand new games, there is no official soundtrack out yet. and games that never had a soundtrack release to begin with. for example: Pokemon Stadium, Trauma Center DS, Tekken 5, etc.

    do we really have to go over all of this again in this thread?

  17. #67
    Dreaming... Hero of legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    Hero of legend: how exactly do those soundtracks "not work"? also: I refuse to add Dragonball soundtracks on principle.

    Trance Kuja: well, I'm not really doing this to be super ultra nice. I am willing to take into consideration the soundtracks people want though- doesn't make much sense to put the time into a site and not listen to what the visitors want really.
    What do you mean by "on principle"?

    Also, the soundtracks keep saying when I load them, they say that the file is either currupt or the link doesn't work or something like that!

    Is there something wrong with dragonball music?

  18. #68
    Keep Yourself Alive
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    by creating a community of users interested in video game music.
    There are already several respected VGM sites which drag in more fans daily than this site does.

    by introducing them to the genre, many of them are likely to end up purchasing video game music at somepoint in the future, whether this happens to be at an online import shop or when EB has a new tokyopop release.
    But by supplying MP3s, they don't have to buy anything. Basicaly, it's a game of Russian Roulette. Plus, Tokyopop doesn't print VGM anymore.

  19. #69
    Sarah
    Guest
    There are already several respected VGM sites which drag in more fans daily than this site does.
    by that logic you should give up on your site. I guarantee you GH gets more visitors daily than yours does, and will continue to do so long into the future.

    But by supplying MP3s, they don't have to buy anything. Basicaly, it's a game of Russian Roulette. Plus, Tokyopop doesn't print VGM anymore.
    the tokyopop thing was a joke.

    contrary to popular belief, just because mp3s are available for free online doesn't mean people stop buying CDs. for example: the import scene is prty active. there are a lot of sites that import japanese cds, anime, and video game music. how many people that import j-pop, anime, or video game music do you know that would not be able to download those very same things if they wanted to?

    everyone that's into the VGM community knows where to go for downloads. this alone? not enough to stop them from supplying so much business for the import stores.

    and I personally am of the opinion that the "download scene" is what made anime, j-pop, and VGM as popular as they are overseas.

  20. #70
    Keep Yourself Alive
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    by that logic you should give up on your site. I guarantee you GH gets more visitors daily than yours does, and will continue to do so long into the future.
    If it does, then I wonder why? Because MP3s attract people. I guarantee if you took down GH, all your visitors would go. THAT is a fact that can't be denied. Plus, my site will always be more respectable and worthy. That is also a fact that can be proven.


    the tokyopop thing was a joke.
    Oh, it was really funny *cough cough*

    contrary to popular belief, just because mp3s are available for free online doesn't mean people stop buying CDs.
    Umm, most people who actually download the MP3s do stop buying CDs (and if you're going to reply with support of the studies, then think again, because the VGM market is completely different to the mainstream market)

    for example: the import scene is prty active. there are a lot of sites that import japanese cds, anime, and video game music. how many people that import j-pop, anime, or video game music do you know that would not be able to download those very same things if they wanted to?
    This quote just questions to rather why you didn't become an import store (which would make more sense, and money, than an MP3 hosting site)


    everyone that's into the VGM community knows where to go for downloads. this alone? not enough to stop them from supplying so much business for the import stores.
    How about the new people that you attract to GH? Most of them don't know that VGM can be bought.

    Anyway, let's just leave it at this: GH is wrong in my opinion, and it's right in yours.

  21. #71
    give a dog a bone Django's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    979
    There are already several respected VGM sites which drag in more fans daily than this site does.
    and only 1 i always visit and dload from

    like i stated before, if its worth it at a reasonable price and avaiable to me i buy, but can i find the jet set radio ost? no! can i find an official ICO ost? no!
    i can list a couple more but you get my point.


    and I personally am of the opinion that the "download scene" is what made anime, j-pop, and VGM as popular as they are overseas.
    and manga aswell
    it created a market and now publishers even use the dloadpopularity to see if a title is worth licensing.

  22. #72
    Sarah
    Guest
    Anyway, let's just leave it at this: GH is wrong in my opinion, and it's right in yours.
    we established this long, long ago. there's no point in you hijacking more threads: we get it already.

    How about the new people that you attract to GH? Most of them don't know that VGM can be bought.
    as I've said before, I intend on putting links up.

  23. #73
    Dreaming... Hero of legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of legend
    What do you mean by "on principle"?

    Also, the soundtracks keep saying when I load them, they say that the file is either currupt or the link doesn't work or something like that!

    Is there something wrong with dragonball music?
    Umm, sorry, but you didn't answer my questions!

  24. #74
    Sarah
    Guest
    yes, there is something wrong with dragonball music.

    you can always get it yourself if you want it. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  25. #75
    Keep Yourself Alive
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Django
    and only 1 i always visit and dload from
    Where?

    like i stated before, if its worth it at a reasonable price and avaiable to me i buy, but can i find the jet set radio ost? no! can i find an official ICO ost? no!
    i can list a couple more but you get my point.
    Both those OSTs are easily available and cheap. Search and you will find.
    And seriously, how can you like Oshima?!?! :P

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •