Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aeris (warning: possible spoilers)

Location: Not in these forums, that's for sure! Vincent, Thunder God's Avatar
    I think the idea is to make you decide what you want to. Some want Aeris alive, so to them she is now alive. Others hate Aeris, so to them she is dead. And me... I like Aeris, but I think Cloud is having pleasent memories of Aeris and knows she is safe in Heaven. To me she is permanently dead, but the resolution of the movie is that Cloud knows she is happy.
    Why are you here? Wouldn't you rather be on a better forum, likes Eyes on Final Fantasy?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent, Thunder God
    I think the idea is to make you decide what you want to. Some want Aeris alive, so to them she is now alive. Others hate Aeris, so to them she is dead. And me... I like Aeris, but I think Cloud is having pleasent memories of Aeris and knows she is safe in Heaven. To me she is permanently dead, but the resolution of the movie is that Cloud knows she is happy.

couldn't have say it better myself...
    innocent-aerith-sexy-tifa-hot-cloud-cool-sephiroth-hyper-yuffie-dark-vincent

im no longer a danger to society im no longer sane...'s Avatar
    if you listen carefully to cloud and aries/aerith when cloud is going to the forgoten city she will say you came note to the end of the FF7 game cloud says to tifa "i think im beginning to understand... i think we can go meet her there= forgoten city connected to promest land? also the church where aries ghost is found after shes been killed on disk one when you can get a key to get into midgar? i think cloud can meet her in certain places and talk to her in some sort of way...

I think she is an illusion of the Lifestream, cos she sorta lives there, right? Plus, Cloud keeps saying he wants to be forgiven by *her*, so she had to appear somewhere, right? Makes sense, really.

~ [ Love To Kill ] ~
    well, I sorta know what I'm talking about. I'm not a run of the mill newbie here XD

well, the Aeris scene, through AC, Cloud is trying to find it in himself to forgive himself for Aerith's Death ( as he sees it as his fault ) the end scene is just Aeris speaking to him, saying that everything is fine, and that he should forgive himself. which he does.

Onion Kid
    Its her ghost ^^

Whatever she is, she definately isn't 'alive' in the literal sense of the word.

*rants on about ascension and lifestream*
    Still in search of forgiveness |[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

"I like men with long hair" Darkiss's Avatar
    She isn't alive...Nut I think Squarenix wanted to be seen a little more in the movie since there are so many Aeris-lovers(me included!).She died and although I'd really want to be able to ressurect her...For the shake of the script she must stay permanentaly dead.

I love your skin...Oh so white...I love your touch...cold as ice...
    and I love every single tear you cry...I just love the way you are losing your life...

*HIM

Yo ho ho me hearties! ~SapphireStar~'s Avatar
    It was her ghost.
    Spooky.

she is the last ancient and basicly she continues living the life stream... Shes a ghost...live... thing :P eeeeeeeek *runs away*
    :3

*Theory* aeris could have appeared at the ending showing that she was the one that saved the planet. she was the one who called holy in the first place, and if she was in the lifestream, she possibly could have been the one that called that too. And your right ppl, aeris is DEAD... if she were to be revived in the movie it would ruin a lot. If you revive aeris in the game (gameshark =O) she isnt part of the story, she is just there for battles. her resurection would destroy the story of ff7 and ruin the movie. Im not saying the game and the movie are all about her, just that they would both be changed a lot if she were to be revived. sooo all you people that think the resurection of aeris is possible (the one that changes the story line of the game) are just complete frickin idiots. im just going to shut up before i go too far.
    I think i'm beginning to understand.
    An answer from the planet.
    The Promised Land.
    I think i can meet her there.

I think shes alive inside all of us.

Big thanks to Maria for this great sig!

I own the DVD and watched the making of and basically, she is dead but Cloud and only Cloud can see her because she is deep in his subconscious due to him feeling responsible for her death and has never forgiven himself.

Godslayer The Heretic Knight Revaninja's Avatar
    I think what Aerith is well first and fore most she is dead no going around that one. But when Bungheim-sp?- in cosmo canyon shows us the Lifestream he said 2 lives come together to form a new one and repeats the cycle and so forth. Well my idea is that she is on the waiting stage to merge not alive but not being remade either. If you examine Junoun-Sp?- you will see guys in the bar who are ghost who say they can't become part of the planet because Cloud's explanation was too complex for them. It was the learners guide yes but it does hint that souls don't become one with the planet right off the bat. I think only her ancient Powers and her connection to Cloud is the reason why he hears her and goes to that mental world of his. Plus rememeber Cloud got heavily dunked in Life stream so maybe that is what caused the connection more open to her because of it.

As for the ending part I think it was to show her moving on and becoming a part of the planet.

Zack has the same deal he was just pigging back Aerith's powers at the end.

And sorry about the Spelling it has been awhile since I played FFVII
    Welcome godslayer to this grand and wonderous armageddon.
    What is Immortality but an escape from Life itself
    "Death by fire, by water, by wind, by earth. Did you get the end you wished?"
    "Oh S***."
    "...He... has just come up with a plan from me saying, 'That Brothel looks filthy."
    "Well dandy, then you can be Pawn A this time."
    From Work by Rynnay

Quote Originally Posted by Slash View Post
    aeris is a fool who got her self killed...she got what she deserved...shes not going to get revived because shes to useless...end of story
    Must resist urge...to mind crush...

Yes, I'm ancient! Aerith Gainsborough's Avatar
    Aeris is dead...at least her body is. But everybody still loves her and will never forget about her. Besides that, she's done so much for the planet and she's part of the Lifestream. And this means she's still alive. She'll never die...

Thanks to Lunatic HighVII for this lovely sig.

My Forum Family:
    Husband: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Daughter: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Son: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Brother: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I thought it was just a sign of the story coming full circle. The first glimpse of the game shows her, and it ends with her. It was Aeris' story the whole time.

About the whole ghost question...well, I don't understand why lots of people get confused with that. I mean, think about Tidus in FFX. He was just a dream, vanished at the end and came back as a real person. Or Auron. He was dead the whole time. You can also see things like that in FFXII (when the ghost appears in front of Ashe)

Quote Originally Posted by jakeb View Post
    I thought it was just a sign of the story coming full circle. The first glimpse of the game shows her, and it ends with her. It was Aeris' story the whole time.
    That's absolutely true

Silent Shriner #0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerith Gainsborough View Post
    Aeris is dead...at least her body is. But everybody still loves her and will never forget about her. Besides that, she's done so much for the planet and she's part of the Lifestream. And this means she's still alive. She'll never die...
    They way you said this makes it seem as if she was real.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahad McCloud View Post
    i say, its just her ghost, kinda like at the church
    Oi? Was that a side quest?
    I love you.
    RIP Ash Young
    RIP Jamie Freemen
    I miss you both.

Quote Originally Posted by IDX Rider View Post
    They way you said this makes it seem as if she was real.

b7
    her name is Aerith, not Aeris.

EDIT: I did know that Zetsumei, thanks anyway.

Either way Aerith sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Killa_7 View Post
    her name is Aerith, not Aeris.
    US Version: Aeris
    Japanese Version: Aerith

This confusion was caused by the Japanese attempt at pronouncing the "th" sound. Since their phonetics don't have such a sound, the "th" sound was commonly replaced with the "s" sound. Both are right and wrong in different ways, in Japan it's Aerith and in the US it's Aeris.
    It's not like it matters anyway, her role in the game can be closely related to Obi Wan Kenobi's role in the original Star Wars Trilogy in that there was hardly any role at all aside from little nuances here and there.
    New Sig under construction

i all wyas called her Aeris.

spelt ways wrong