Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you think of FFVII:Advent Children?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What did you think of FFVII:Advent Children?

So, I've already seen FFVII:Advent Children and I must say that it brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye as I watched the whole movie earlier this morning. I have a copy of the Japanese version with English subtitles. The movie had me on the edge of my seat the whole time, I was glued to the screen wondering what will happen next, wondering if I will see the sexy man or not. I am very pleased with the story line, it covered a lot of mysteries from the game and gave me a little more information such as what happened to Shinra, what happened to Cloud and the others, what happened to Midgar, etc. Also a lot of surprises were shown that shocked me which helped keep my interest even more. I highly recommend getting this a.s.a.p if you can't wait for the U.S release like me (: this will hold me off until then, I'm still going to purchase the English version.

The animation of Advent Children was just amazing. There are no other words to describe them. The characters moved so fast and fluid and realistically while at the same time with a 'Fantasy' feel to it all. The movie really captured the world of FFVII. Each of the characters from the game were revealed slowly as the movie progressed and the fight scenes are just jaw dropping. The scene where they fight Bahamut is my favorite other than.. well I'm not going to say. The music of Advent Children is personally some of the best ever composed by Nobuo Uematsu. The music was always keeping up with the action and suspense and had a really dramatic effect.

If I had to rate the movie as a whole I would give it a 5 out of 5. I had no problems with this movie at all. I loved everything about it.

aka. Professor Lupin Gaffelmannen's Avatar
    I'm downloading it right now. DAMN I can't wait!

Thanks to Dark~Cloud (LNS) for the sig
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

If you are interrested, PLEASE join our [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. There are lots of canonchars left, just sign up

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Auron
    Now that`s what i can a fan.

I`m looking forward to actualy buying it the minute it`s released in Europe though.

Putting the sensual back into nonconsensual Swedish Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Auron
    Where can you download it?

I used to be Kailas

I havn't decided whether to download it or buy it...

I don't have the patience to wait for it to come out on DVD but I also don't have the patience to wait for my super slow computer to download it.
    Stick em with the pointy end!

Quote Originally Posted by FF_Fanatic
    Where can you download it?
    Pretty much everywhere. Try the Pirate's Bay. Dunno if I'm getting the real thing though, but landing like 700mb of pr0n wouldn't hurt anyone either

Killer Rabbit
    download?

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]meh final fantasy/halo/pokemon/gunz forum

I would have bought it if I had patience and money.

Or how about respect for Square-Enix. When it comes out it`ll only cost the usual price of a normal dvd anyway.

Well, no money is no money.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still purchasing the English DvD when it comes out! :P This movie is awesome. I just finished watching it again.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    There's already a review thread for it, but I'll repeat my thoughts on it again.

Short version: Very pretty. No substance. Badly directed. Spirits Within was a much better film.

For more detail on my views, go check the other thread.

:3 FFVII:AC > Spirits

hah. I challenge you to make a case for AC being a better movie than TSW.

I never really saw a problem with The Spirits Within actually. It was watchable, which a lot of people don't give it credit for.

FF7AC was okay. It had its moments that would be enjoyable and possibly make you smile, but the fights were repetitive, and had lost any originality they originally had towards the end of the movie. Sephiroth was killed by Omnislash(is that what it was called?) again. And Aeris is a slut.

The cloud tossing scene was pretty fucked in my opinion. People jumping up in the air then throwing cloud a couple hundred metres = pretty shit.

Its a movie that i'd have to wait a few months to be able to watch again.
    Because Orphans Don't Have Parents

With a username like yours, I have to ask: Where you abandoned by your parents and raised in a Orphanage? If so, that explains a lot. If not, that still explains a lot.

J. Peterman
    since you people hate it i will hate it yeah it's bad DON'T BUY IT OR DL IT GUYS

pedo mc tax me softly, black person (whom i love)'s Avatar
    I'm buying it solely on the basis of the eye-candy factor. Aside from that, my expectations were never very high, considering Square's habits on sequels and the quality of the storyline (FFX-2 anyone?).

I have only one question: Did they do a sequence of a Knights of the Round summoning anywhere in the movie?

Probably not, because if there had been that would've been one of the first things I would've read about it from the fanbase...

Anyway, in the meantime I'm going to be steering clear of the FFVII sub-forum so as to avoid the rampant pants-creaming and ejaculations of the rabid FFVII fans here...

Also, why is it that a vast majority of the non FF sub-forum shriners downloaded it quickly, as if almost to say...."Ha, i saw it before anyone else". ??

Like i said before many, many times. I`ll wait for the official DVD for my first viewing experience.

I hated it as soon as it was announced, because I hate pointless cash-in sequels, especially when they ruin a perfect ending, which this one did. FF7's ending was left open to interpretation for a <i>reason</i>.

That said, it sucked regardless. I will admit that I can understand the surge of fanboy love because even I felt it at certain points; specifically, watching Tifa kick the shit out of that dork with the wrist-mounted doohicky, and the incredibly cute version of Yuffie they came up with. I didn't like how any of the other characters were portrayed, though, and I hated all the fights besides Tifa's, with their goofy "DBZ meets The Matrix" style. Fuck this, and all the other new FF7 stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by T.K. Sunglasses
    I hated it as soon as it was announced, because I hate pointless cash-in sequels, especially when they ruin a perfect ending, which this one did. FF7's ending was left open to interpretation for a <i>reason</i>.

That said, it sucked regardless. I will admit that I can understand the surge of fanboy love because even I felt it at certain points; specifically, watching Tifa kick the shit out of that dork with the wrist-mounted doohicky, and the incredibly cute version of Yuffie they came up with. I didn't like how any of the other characters were portrayed, though, and I hated all the fights besides Tifa's, with their goofy "DBZ meets The Matrix" style. Fuck this, and all the other new FF7 stuff too.

Onion Kid
    jeezus guys i had to regiester to tell u guys that this was one of the best movie's i've seen its frikking awesme man..dont know whatcha all are smokin

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to hb smokey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikazex
    jeezus guys i had to regiester to tell u guys that this was one of the best movie's i've seen its frikking awesme man..dont know whatcha all are smokin
    What's on your list of movies you've seen? Advent Children and Howard the Duck?

A lot of people have been disappointed by AC, but I myself went into the movie with ZERO expectations. I was blown away.

Advent Children takes the place as the best movie I've seen so far this year. Everything about this movie was just brilliant for me. Finally the story of FFVII received some sort of closure, although with that brought about a tonne of new questions that were left unanswered at the movie's closing. The storyline was alright, there wasn't too much going on at once so it was a lot less complex when compared to the game (Obviously) but it was good enough to not make me question it at all. The new villans - Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo - were quite fitting. I actually took a bit of a liking towards Kadaj; he was awesome. The old characters all made a return and had a few minutes in the spotlight (Except Cait Sith, who did what he does best: comic relief), but Cloud really stole the show in the end. I was glad to see Reno get some action, as he's always been a favourite of mine.

The fight scenes were brilliantly done, and as soon as the first "big" fight scene started - with Tifa and Loz in the Church... my mouth literally hit the floor. I couldn't believe what I was seeing; it was orgasmic to say the least. The music during the scene made it even better. But that was to be topped by the victory tune playing on Loz's cell phone at the end of the battle! Everything was just how I imagined it and even more. The music was fantastic too; I can't wait for the soundtrack.
    「母さんの力がひつようなんだよ・・・リユニオンにはどうしても!」
    | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] |

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey
    What's on your list of movies you've seen? Advent Children and Howard the Duck?
    Howard the Duck was too good to be compared to Advent Children.

Quote Originally Posted by Eijiro
    Advent Children takes the place as the best movie I've seen so far this year.
    You must not see a lot of movies. There have been a lot of much better ones.

Finally the story of FFVII received some sort of closure,
    No it didn't. Advent Children was nothing more than a glorified side story designed for the sole purpose of pitting Cloud against Sephiroth in CG.

although with that brought about a tonne of new questions that were left unanswered at the movie's closing.
    The only new question I came away from it with was, "Who came up with that retarded concept and why are they still allowed to breathe the same air as me?"

The storyline was alright,
    If being nothing but a convenient deus ex machina to bring about the aforementioned Cloud-Sephiroth duel is alright, maybe it was. Maybe.

The new villans - Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo - were quite fitting.
    Fitting? Fitting for what? Really, what were they fitting for?

Sarah
    uh. that totally doesn't fit the definition of a deus ex machina ;-;;

and I liked it

yuffie/marlene lemons plx.