Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What did you think of FFVII:Advent Children?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirge
    I`m looking forward in seeing and hearing it in English. Which had me thinking. Is it possible they will re-animate the mouths to english words?
    probably not, i'd think.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

possible, but it would take a hell of a lot of work!

anyway, why is aeris seen at the near end of the credits!?

oooo sorry i didnt listen to bugenhagen much i jus ignored him cuz he talked a load of crap

Final Fantasy Fan

i watched it

it was a mint film but its in japaneese and i cant stand subbs

the graphics are very good and the storyline carrys on from the game

i didnt get who the 3 people were with the silver hair but they seem to have a connection with jenova and there like seperoth and cloud

clould has a really cool bike all his swords come out on his bike ready for battle

seperoth does not have a big part in this game hes not really in it much same with barret and red .

all the charaters are all there and the church from 7 is cool

be posti more l8ters

really just use the subs, the story (what there is of it) will make mch more sense then and you won't have to worry about spoilers in this forum. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat
    probably not, i'd think.
    But lets hope so. I`ve yet to see it but i can imagine them not changing the mouth animations. It would look like Monkey or something.

Quote Originally Posted by T.K. Sunglasses
    I hated it as soon as it was announced, because I hate pointless cash-in sequels, especially when they ruin a perfect ending, which this one did. FF7's ending was left open to interpretation for a <i>reason</i>.

That said, it sucked regardless. I will admit that I can understand the surge of fanboy love because even I felt it at certain points; specifically, watching Tifa kick the shit out of that dork with the wrist-mounted doohicky, and the incredibly cute version of Yuffie they came up with. I didn't like how any of the other characters were portrayed, though, and I hated all the fights besides Tifa's, with their goofy "DBZ meets The Matrix" style. Fuck this, and all the other new FF7 stuff too.

I loved it but I wouldn't hate it cause I love the game with all my heart but as a person who lives for film-making after second viewing I could see some flaws none that really have me concerned but nothing that gives hatred towards it. It entertained me, it made me laugh and I felt it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Kuja
    This point owns all your points: Flying. Everybody can fly (even if they aren't meant to) and in the battles with the SHM, everybody could fly (Matrix anyone?)
    The concept of having people flying is common in chinese and japanese cultures. It is used extensive in mythology and some asian movies. Watch crouching tiger hidden dragon, you'll see what I mean.
    Oh, and 2 back up my comments, I AM 1/2 CHINESE AND 1/2 JAPANESE and have lived in both countries for a bit.
    What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

Sephiroth, Final Fantasy VII

Quote Originally Posted by WildWillow
    it was a mint film but its in japaneese and i cant stand subbs

the graphics are very good and the storyline carrys on from the game

i didnt get who the 3 people were with the silver hair but they seem to have a connection with jenova and there like seperoth and cloud

clould has a really cool bike all his swords come out on his bike ready for battle

seperoth does not have a big part in this game hes not really in it much same with barret and red .

all the charaters are all there and the church from 7 is cool

be posti more l8ters
    Watch the movie reading the subtitles, then watch it again looking at the rest of the movie, you'll get used to scanning the subs then switching back to watch the action unfolding....hmmmm

otherwise an okay summary for a quiky...I really want to attack this post but don't have the time.

You last visited: 12-15-2006 at 12:33 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Django
    seen it
    hate it
    I really really very very much hope that you are joking....

please tell me you are joking..... ~please!!!!

PLEASE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tryphloznix
    I really really very very much hope that you are joking....
    please tell me you are joking..... ~please!!!!
    PLEASE!!!
    lots of people don't like advent children!

On the flying topic, they look more like jumping than flying, using small touches to keep in the air. Like when Cloud and Kadaj's gang fight in the tunnel. Hmmm

Keep Yourself Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenizan
    The concept of having people flying is common in chinese and japanese cultures. It is used extensive in mythology and some asian movies. Watch crouching tiger hidden dragon, you'll see what I mean.
    Oh, and 2 back up my comments, I AM 1/2 CHINESE AND 1/2 JAPANESE and have lived in both countries for a bit.
    However, since FFVII: AC is a continuation from a game where little to no flying occurs, I find it strangely annoying that they decided to include such an idea. If people think that the characters just jump, then they should watch the final battle. There, a lot of flying magically happens.
    "Kuja v.s Kefka. Who would win?
    You Decide!"

It's better to have plenty of stuff coming off from this rather then with FFVIII - good god, I'd go hang myself if shit sequels came out of that games arse D:

It was overrated, but I liked it, because I liked the villains/bishiesness factor/Rude and Reno moments. Couldnt care much for the ending, 8/10 overall.

Onion Kid
    I seen it and i thought it was super coollol sorry for the bad ennglish well, my Favourite characters were reno and rude

Did any of you notice that anyone who hasn't finished the game, and waited for the credits to roll, then watch the "500 years later" FMV, with Red XIII and the little cubs running. Don't you think they would think that the events in Advent Children happened 498 years ago?

Onion Kid
    Perhaps and i did see the last FMV midgar looked amzing..so Advent children is 2 years after final fantasy and 498 years before the final FMV if that makes sense.

Grand Shriner
    so yeah, i downloaded the japanese with subtitles version the other day (with every intenetion to purchase the english release (call this a preview)). i'm immensly impressed visually, it's undeniably amazing. as for the plot, it's quite horrendus, tbh. i'm willing to put it down to bad translation for now (hence the intention to buy the english release).

as for the flying debate... weren't they just very skillfully jumping? if they could indeed fly, there'd be no use for the airship. nor the motorbikes or any other means of transport. don't forget, we've got these guys up to lv.99 last time we saw them.

also, the identity of the silver haired guys, my guess is that they are the last remaining sephiroth clones (prolly why they call cloud 'brother' and jenova 'mother').

one thing that does puzzle me though, is that rufus is confined to a wheel chair (and suffering, quite badly, from a teminal illness), but suddenly jumps up and throws himself out of an office block window (the jenova's neck in the box scene).

also, the 'using the planet as a ship' plan by sephiroth is really screwy, and there's no way an expirienced, adult FF writer came up with that one. so, until i see a properly translated version, i will disregard the plot (it's drivel at the moment), and say 'well done graphics department'.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryphloznix
    Did any of you notice that anyone who hasn't finished the game, and waited for the credits to roll, then watch the "500 years later" FMV, with Red XIII and the little cubs running. Don't you think they would think that the events in Advent Children happened 498 years ago?
    well, if that Red XIII as a reference point is the present then the events of AC were 498 years ago, were they not? and events of FFVII happened two years prior to this, i.e, 500 years ago. which is explained in the film (opening speech by Marlene).

You dont find me i find you measter yazoo's Avatar
    The movie was class like the part when they fight Bathumut Sin, The fight on the bikes and when *major spoiler* when he fights Sephiroth i didn't like the way Barret and the rest didn't get to fight as much as Cloud Tifa Reno and Rude and red XII didn't talk much

I'm Lost!

Quote Originally Posted by white noize ff7
    well, if that Red XIII as a reference point is the present then the events of AC were 498 years ago, were they not? and events of FFVII happened two years prior to this, i.e, 500 years ago. which is explained in the film (opening speech by Marlene).

Aye? can you explain it to me again? I can't understand it. I'm a stupid reader, I can't understand you. I'm lost.

Grand Shriner
    i'm a stupid writer. we're sunk mate.

Quote Originally Posted by white noize ff7
    i'm a stupid writer. we're sunk mate.
    LOL We're sunk mate