Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What did you think of FFVII:Advent Children?

Keep Yourself Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvinStraight
    How was it borrowed from Matrix: Reloaded? When that movie came out that summer, we had Matrix Reloaded, Bad Boys II and Terminator 3 with freeway chases. FF7 already did that back in 1997. There's nothing original about it. It's more predictable they even added a motorbike chase because of the original game and Cloud already known to ride a Hardy Daytona.
    And out of all those movies, The Matrix: Reloaded was by far the biggest, and considering that most of the movie is Matrix inspired, I wouldn't be surprised if they were inspired to use it. Even if it wasn't, then that just proves the lack of creative ideas from Nomura.

Uhh... I can't remember the last time I watched a Japanese anime or martial arts flick where there was no flying. In Matrix, Neo was the ONLY one with the ability to fly and in no way did he use it to the advantage of fighting, only transportation untill the last fight with Smith where it is revealed that Smith can fly as well
    Sure he did, check just about every fight scene had a bit of flying in it (Fight with Smith in the park, anyone?)

Also, how else would you explane the fights in the game?
    Besides from Sephiroth, nobody could fly (I think Sephiroth was teleporting anyway). The crazy idea of making every fly in the sequal is just absurd (I'm sure it would have been more enjoyable if they weren't able to do such a thing)

You can't possably expect them to attack only the feet of a giant monster or dragon, do you?
    There are other ways of reaching the head than flying. If they've done it on old fairy tales written ages ago, I'm sure they can do it now
    "Kuja v.s Kefka. Who would win?
    You Decide!"

ofuckoff
    Because Orphans Don't Have Parents

With a username like yours, I have to ask: Where you abandoned by your parents and raised in a Orphanage? If so, that explains a lot. If not, that still explains a lot.

Keep Yourself Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by chewey
    ofuckoff
    I wouldn't be talking, spammer

I'm spamming? You're talking absolute crap out of your arse. God fucking forbid that there be similarities with any other movie, because then fucking of course its just copying off that idea! DUH! Obviously that car in that one movie, you know the one was SO copying off that other movie because that movie did it first. Who gives a flying fuck? They may do what they do just to help the storyline go along :O OMFG. Cloud didn't fly, it was just some magical scene where people threw up in the air, =/. Now cunt, do you think the flying in the matrix was original? From your logic, you're saying that the matrix did it first, which obviously isn't true. Get any form of super hero movie and you'll see flying, . SO, ofuckoff.

old fairy tales. nuff said.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    If you left it up to Magnus it'd always be their darkest hour, cuz, you know, he can't deal with that right now~

Keep Yourself Alive
    I'm spamming? You're talking absolute crap out of your arse.
    Why don't you check all your other posts. I think you'll be pleasently surprised how much you spam.

Anyway, I never said Nomura or any other FFVII AC creator copied any ideas from other movies (stories, legends, myths, etc). I said they were inspired. There is a huge difference.

Cloud didn't fly, it was just some magical scene where people threw up in the air, =/
    That's great. Now explain any of the other parts in the movie where he was flying, anal fucker

^^I agree with you on that. There was plenty of flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Kuja
    Why don't you check all your other posts. I think you'll be pleasently surprised how much you spam.

Anyway, I never said Nomura or any other FFVII AC creator copied any ideas from other movies (stories, legends, myths, etc). I said they were inspired. There is a huge difference.

That's great. Now explain any of the other parts in the movie where he was flying, anal fucker
    change copied to inspired then. You're having a big enough whinge about it it wouldn't make much difference anyway.
    He wasn't flying, it was like jumping then hanging in the air. He didn't physically shoot through the air, as if he were flying.cMost of the times he was floating in the air it was while attacking something else. Like the attack he did just pushed him into the air again.

Good point. No flying.

Keep Yourself Alive
    change copied to inspired then. You're having a big enough whinge about it it wouldn't make much difference anyway.
    He wasn't flying, it was like jumping then hanging in the air. He didn't physically shoot through the air, as if he were flying.cMost of the times he was floating in the air it was while attacking something else. Like the attack he did just pushed him into the air again.
    You clearly haven't seen the film, have you

I didn't think Advent Children was all that bad. I thought there were alot of changes, and since Tetsuya Nomura was basically the head of the movie, it had alot more action. I, personally, think they should've extended the movie. There are lots of questions still unanswered, but then again, alot were answered from the film. I wasn't really into the 'flying' thing. It was a little cheesy and it over did it. As I said before, it wasn;t bad at all. This is just my oppinion, no need to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Kuja
    You clearly haven't seen the film, have you
    I have, and it was quite awful.

Keep Yourself Alive
    I have, and it was quite awful.
    All is forgiven then

Thumbs up

can't let the haters win. I've been waiting for this flick for damn near a decade. If the movie is trashy like they say it is, square headquarters would be meroded by angrily crazed fans demanding respite. I don't think that'll hapen..

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] I am Atom Narmor and I approve this message.

pedo mc tax me softly, black person (whom i love)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomNarmor
    Question: How the hell did they bring Sephiroth back

Actually for haters, I'mm going to pity them because they've just beaten Kira Yamato's Angst level. I mean that it was not expected for the movie to break grounds, but surprisingly, It was a good one. Way better than anyone. Anyone who has put any other FF movie over it seemingly just hates it. But to sometimes look at some spoilers really spoil doesn't it. But on other things, the whole thing was just derived from a trailer, a short... so you couldn't have expected too highly of it. As for the Matrix "rip-offs" I call the Matrix's Director even more of a rip-off himself, as some anime were doing his effects a long time ago. Heck, If Goku could testify against him...lol, sometimes you americans/europeans think too higly of yourselves.... And another thing, The Spirits within, is a better movie...BUT, they shouldn't drag the name FINAL FANTASY unto it. FFVII AC, Is a better sequel than any Japanese anime sequel this year, while SEED Destiny has been sinking, and Full Metal Panic:TSR being too short, FFVII has been groundbreaking here, in south east asia.
    Sig limits: 400x150, 50kb
    SSS Shuffle Club

Thanx for the link Odin.

Quote Originally Posted by clowtrigger
    Actually for haters, I'mm going to pity them because they've just beaten Kira Yamato's Angst level. I mean that it was not expected for the movie to break grounds, but surprisingly, It was a good one. Way better than anyone. Anyone who has put any other FF movie over it seemingly just hates it. But to sometimes look at some spoilers really spoil doesn't it. But on other things, the whole thing was just derived from a trailer, a short... so you couldn't have expected too highly of it. As for the Matrix "rip-offs" I call the Matrix's Director even more of a rip-off himself, as some anime were doing his effects a long time ago. Heck, If Goku could testify against him...lol, sometimes you americans/europeans think too higly of yourselves.... And another thing, The Spirits within, is a better movie...BUT, they shouldn't drag the name FINAL FANTASY unto it. FFVII AC, Is a better sequel than any Japanese anime sequel this year, while SEED Destiny has been sinking, and Full Metal Panic:TSR being too short, FFVII has been groundbreaking here, in south east asia.

10 years ago I did expect the movie to be ground breaking and it actualy was at the time. The CG shots were just sickening. Clouds yellow mop head actualy had some dimension. What fans can't understand sometimes is that this is a fantasy world and the laws there can't be compared to reality based flicks or the real world in general. Remember magic? Hokus frickin pokus!

I have yet to see it, but i'll be shelling out the 30 bucks in November.

it should feel real
    the charakters didnt have ANY laws and jumped all over the place at 200 miles/hour
    and the matrix used allota influences and improved upon them in a great and stylish way instead of the copy/paste job we get with FFAC

The Spirits within, is a better movie...BUT, they shouldn't drag the name FINAL FANTASY unto it.
    aint that the truth
    playing with a name like that is already creating expectations you cant deliver

So, you're saying that Spirits Within is better than Advent Children???

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    At least a couple of us have said that. Others have implied it.

Sarah
    I don't think many reasonable people will argue that Advent Children had more substance than Advent Children.

I liked both of them, but enjoyed Advent Children considerably more !

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    I don't think many reasonable people will argue that Advent Children had more substance than Advent Children.
    Preserved in case of edit!

Probably the best CGI movie I've watched so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah

I liked both of them, but enjoyed Advent Children considerably more !
    woops.

also i haven't seen spirits within so i can't really comment but i don't see how ac caould be worse than it from what i've heard from friends etc.

Sarah
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat
    woops.

also i haven't seen spirits within so i can't really comment but i don't see how ac caould be worse than it from what i've heard from friends etc.
    most people didn't like TSW because it blatantly was not final fantasy. if you can get over that, it really is a decent movie. and a movie with a great deal more substance than advent children.

that being said, I like advent children more because it's just fun ^^