Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you think of FFVII:Advent Children?

Sarah
    a deus ex machina is a character/element of the story added to resolve conflict, not create it !

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    It seems you're correct! I was using the term a bit backwards!

However, a bit of twisting and I can make it work by saying that the resolution they were aiming for was that Cloud/Sephiroth fight and the entire plot to that point was actually a deus ex machina that made it happen.

Sarah
    but then you'd be <b>WRONG</b>.

PROVE IT

I'd bother arguing your points, Prak. But you're far too cynical. Maybe you should lighten up a bit, this thread was asking for my opinion - I gave it. Can't handle that? I don't care.
    「母さんの力がひつようなんだよ・・・リユニオンにはどうしても!」
    | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] |

That's a shame. No one will argue with me anymore.

And anyway, I'M PERFECTLY ENTITLED TO GIVE MY OPINION ABOUT YOUR OPINION. So there.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Prak
    That's a shame. No one will argue with me anymore.

And anyway, I'M PERFECTLY ENTITLED TO GIVE MY OPINION ABOUT YOUR OPINION. So there.
    Go to hell prak, I`m back, I`ll be here only for a moment but go to hell.

Irelands biggest ff fan ... ff8 rules tidus x's Avatar
    is it available on psp or dvd ... i just wanna know how i can get it .. and i dont want too download it

(\_/)
    (O.-)<------<<
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Bunny must die. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Balam
    Go to hell prak, I`m back, I`ll be here only for a moment but go to hell.
    I missed you too, sweetums.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Prak
    I missed you too, sweetums.
    that is good to hear, today I`m god, so I`ll be very busy

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    I loved the movie, mainly because I loved the game. All the fight scenes blew me away and the visuals were beyond belief. I loved the use of Omnislash...
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

seen it
    hate it

Grand Shriner
    It wasn't the best movie i saw but i thought it was ok.

Great movie. Loved it. This is also one of the best movies I've seen all year. But I couldn't help to think about the last fight with Cloud and Sephiroth and how it reminded me of the last fight between Neo and Smith in Matrix Revolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    If you left it up to Magnus it'd always be their darkest hour, cuz, you know, he can't deal with that right now~

Keep Yourself Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvinStraight
    Great movie. Loved it. This is also one of the best movies I've seen all year. But I couldn't help to think about the last fight with Cloud and Sephiroth and how it reminded me of the last fight between Neo and Smith in Matrix Revolutions.
    The whole movie is Matrix inspired. Take another look and compare.
    "Kuja v.s Kefka. Who would win?
    You Decide!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Kuja
    The whole movie is Matrix inspired. Take another look and compare.
    LIES!

Keep Yourself Alive
    LIES!
    Why don't you actually watch it? The motorbike chases, the Sephiroth fight, even the scenes where Cloud fought the SHM, it's all Matrix! *Sigh* Nomura has lost it

Why don't you actually watch it? The motorbike chases, the Sephiroth fight, even the scenes where Cloud fought the SHM, it's all Matrix! *Sigh* Nomura has lost it
    1. The motorbike chases was already done in FF7 (1997) before the Matrix (1999) was even around.

2. I already pointed out the Sephiroth fight which I agree with.

3. If this was the game, there would be a fight between Cloud and the SHM anyway. I'm not suprised that one had haste, one had a gunblade and one had a sword. There's nothing about that which suggests the Matrix. Now if your talking about the slow motion (that has nothing to do with bullet time) what other way would you discribe a character that moves that fast from his point of view?

Keep Yourself Alive
    1. The motorbike chases was already done in FF7 (1997) before the Matrix (1999) was even around.
    Yes, you're right about that, but, you're thinking about it incorrectly. The motorbike chase was done in FFVII, but the idea was obviously borrowed from The Matrix: Reloaded.

3. If this was the game, there would be a fight between Cloud and the SHM anyway. I'm not suprised that one had haste, one had a gunblade and one had a sword. There's nothing about that which suggests the Matrix. Now if your talking about the slow motion (that has nothing to do with bullet time) what other way would you discribe a character that moves that fast from his point of view?
    This point owns all your points: Flying. Everybody can fly (even if they aren't meant to) and in the battles with the SHM, everybody could fly (Matrix anyone?)

Trance Kuja is right.. one of the many things that pissed me off is the Matrixlike editing.. they treated fights like wirework ffs.. in cgi :\
    and the camerawork borrowed allot from the Matrix

God! Lighten Up everyone!

As most of you will know - I'm a FF junkie and am not afraid to criticise.

Well, I had AC imported from Japan and I can honestly say - I liked it.

Sure, It aint gonna win any Oscars but it was an enjoyable 1 1/2 hours. It had action, comedy and a wee tearjerking bit so - For Goodness Sake Everyone - lighten up!

Quote Originally Posted by fantapants
    Sure, It aint gonna win any Oscars
    Uh..."Best animated feature" anyone?

I still haven't seen it. I keep trying to get a friend of mine to DL it, but he's not a FF fan and was a Nintendo freak untill the X Box came on the scene (boo). Maybe i'll haf to wait a few months but regardless of all the hate posts I still think the movie will meat my expectations. Question: How the hell did they bring Sephiroth back?

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] I am Atom Narmor and I approve this message.

atom: watch it and find out.

I thought it was good fun. The plot wasn't there, really, and there was far too much fighting but it was enjoyable and, even when there were clichés aplenty, it never actually managed to descend into "wtf this movie sucks" territory because of it. Some of the sections were a bit strenuous, really, and you can't help but think that Sephiroth and most of the rest of the FFVII gang turned up a bit suddenly or with no real purpose, but aside from that, enjoyable.

Yes, you're right about that, but, you're thinking about it incorrectly. The motorbike chase was done in FFVII, but the idea was obviously borrowed from The Matrix: Reloaded.
    How was it borrowed from Matrix: Reloaded? When that movie came out that summer, we had Matrix Reloaded, Bad Boys II and Terminator 3 with freeway chases. FF7 already did that back in 1997. There's nothing original about it. It's more predictable they even added a motorbike chase because of the original game and Cloud already known to ride a Hardy Daytona.

This point owns all your points: Flying. Everybody can fly (even if they aren't meant to) and in the battles with the SHM, everybody could fly (Matrix anyone?)
    Uhh... I can't remember the last time I watched a Japanese anime or martial arts flick where there was no flying. In Matrix, Neo was the ONLY one with the ability to fly and in no way did he use it to the advantage of fighting, only transportation untill the last fight with Smith where it is revealed that Smith can fly as well. Also, how else would you explane the fights in the game? You can't possably expect them to attack only the feet of a giant monster or dragon, do you?