Thread: HELP

Shriner

HELP

Help me. This site is currently down because a virus is telling me I need to update Chrome in order to use it, which is obviously false. This happens on any Browser I try to use. Is this happening for anybody else? What do I do to fix it? I have to go through hoops to even post this. Please help.

Agreed. The site has become virtually unusable now due to the “update centre” scam becoming even more aggressive, regardless of what browser used.

Still not fixed

Grand Shriner
    Definitely still not fixed...

Shriner
    I also ran into this earlier. It was very startling, considering FFShrine is usually pretty safe!

Just had that now as soon as I loaded the main forum page. Massive Firefox Update Center warning saying I have an old version with all the background text now just symbols and the page text constantly shacking/moving.

saw it as well just now

Looking through an adblocker logger the images for this malvertising are being hosted on imgur when loaded.

Looks like I'm not the only one...lol

Grand Shriner
    I've had no interruptions using the Pale Moon browser, but for a few days now, Norton has blocked a "formjacking" intrusion attempt by jquery.su whenever I view pages here.

No problems now for me on Chrome.

I use chrome and i have this problem too (Update Center warning saying I have an old version with all the background text now just symbols and the page text constantly shacking/moving)

Still showing on Chrome and Firefox.

Only seems to show when a new process of either browser is launched then going to any of the forums here, refresh the page and it goes away and doesn't seem to come back if you move away from the site and come back just only so far if you close the browser and start a new one.

Survived the 『Hunt』, but not the Lady. Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Attempt at offering a temporary fix.

I don't know if you folks have Web Browers add-ons/extensions like NoScript and uBlockOrigin, but you might want to try "manually" blocking jquery.su.

I've been using Firefox+uBlockOrigin for a year, at least and I've yet to see any of this crap; forum "behaves" normally on my end.
    Strategy guides | N: “He was having his favourite dish.”
    “May the good blood guide your way.”

you can also just disable javascript for this site and it will go away. there's plenty of extensions that can do this.

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    Attempt at offering a temporary fix.

I don't know if you folks have Web Browers add-ons/extensions like NoScript and uBlockOrigin, but you might want to try "manually" blocking jquery.su.

I've been using Firefox+uBlockOrigin for a year, at least and I've yet to see any of this crap; forum "behaves" normally on my end.
    This has gone away for me, but I appreciate the advice! Always a chance it'll crop up again.

One-Year War Veteran/WWWA Tro-Con KusanagiShiro's Avatar
    Confirmed I got it on my own thread no less. it directs to a site called hobbyplay.
    If you have a question about Ys or LUNAR, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!

Onion Kid
    I'm having the same issue on Firefox (without adblocker). I've had to go into Chrome with adblocker to be able to use the site.

Is it still happening? I just came up today right now and it's not popping up.
    OrangeC's humble servant.

jQuery.su always present under Opera ( Chromium ) and other browsers .When javascript is disabled ,the trojan is inactived but spoiler acces in the thread is denied ...Curious and ...disagreeable .