Thread: I am creating my first ever FFXI character in about 10 minutes. Yes this is 2019.

I am creating my first ever FFXI character in about 10 minutes. Yes this is 2019.

If anyone wants to wax nostalgic over my first timer experience, or in the extreme off chance someone here still plays, hit me up!

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I guess this is the best I could have realistically hoped for.

progress

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

wtf happened to my character

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Ah yes, the lying character creation screen (also if the game keeps crashing with errors on character creation go into the config menu and select 'Simplified Character Creation Visuals'- it makes character creation static images of the character model rather than using 3D models that are far more stable, as this was a 2001 game when 3D MMOs were still in their infancy). But yeah the character models look slightly different in the character creation mode compared to their actual in-game look.

Anyway, congrats on starting in Vana'diel!
    enkffxisig-new-small

My first day was a trip. The interface was really hard to see, and I didn't find the controls remotely intuitive, but as I fumbled my way into the public chat in fits and starts I quickly found a linkshell eager to take me in and show a new player the ropes.

The world was surprisingly lively, at least on Asura. And I found that most players had been around for a loooong time and were excited to see someone begin to experience the world they love for the first time.

There's a lot I haven't figured out yet, but I'm going to at least give it the trial month and see how sucked in I get.

Unrelated note, but if you're interested (I remember you participated in a few previous years), my annual FF music knockout game is running in the vgm forum!