Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis YM2612 Unleashed! If you don't like it, I'll give you some serious FLAC!

4/15/19- Better Sonic edit.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

4/15/19 Better edit for tracks Ellis stage 5 and Venus fire stage 2, Thunder Force 3.

thanks for going back to fix these

Quote Originally Posted by c4dude3 View Post
    thanks for going back to fix these
    No worries, I went through every track to make sure, so it's bang up to date, as it stands.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Revenge of Shinobi added!

Who doesn't love China Town

---------- Post added 04-16-2019 at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-15-2019 at 11:52 PM ----------

Biohazard Battle/Crying Added!
    Last edited by DOTDASHDOT; 04-15-2019 at 05:05 PM.

Jewel Master added!

Some bangers on here

http://youtube.com/maplestorypsn jizames's Avatar
    Thanks for updating the tracks but the issue with Go Straight in SoR2 remains. It sounds like you simply looped the first 90 seconds twice. The first 90 seconds of Go Straight isn't the same as the 90 seconds that follow it, as evidenced in the video I linked to in my previous post. If it's not too much trouble, please re-record the track, allowing the song to play through at least 2 loops in the in-game sound test.

Sorry if it comes off pushy, totally don't mean to be and I really appreciate the work you're putting into this!
    Playstation Network ID: MapleStory
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by jizames View Post
    Thanks for updating the tracks but the issue with Go Straight in SoR2 remains. It sounds like you simply looped the first 90 seconds twice. The first 90 seconds of Go Straight isn't the same as the 90 seconds that follow it, as evidenced in the video I linked to in my previous post. If it's not too much trouble, please re-record the track, allowing the song to play through at least 2 loops in the in-game sound test.

Sorry if it comes off pushy, totally don't mean to be and I really appreciate the work you're putting into this!
    Hi mate, I've just checked, the new 3:23 long version, is exactly the same as the link you sent, except mine is a bit longer, past 1:30 the beat kicks in on the second intro loop, for another 1:50 past that, you sure you got the new one?

꧁Heart & mind unfolding꧂ franzito's Avatar
    Thanks for Valis 3, Shadow Dancer and Revenge of Shinobi. All-time classics IMHO!!

Can you try your hand on Shinobi III and Alisia Dragoon? These are great OSTs as well.
    フランジト

Check out my [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (unusual & rare stuff) : D

Quote Originally Posted by franzito View Post
    Thanks for Valis 3, Shadow Dancer and Revenge of Shinobi. All-time classics IMHO!!

Can you try your hand on Shinobi III and Alisia Dragoon? These are great OSTs as well.
    Yeah I will get to those!

McDonald's Treasure Land added! This sounds superb, the high frequencies really shine.

Onion Kid
    Thanks for this best rips.. I love the mega drive sound =D

Quote Originally Posted by Federic 90s View Post
    Thanks for this best rips.. I love the mega drive sound =D
    You're welcome.

Battle Mania added!
    Last edited by DOTDASHDOT; 04-17-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Castle of Illusion added!

Beautiful

McDonald's Treasure Land added! This sounds superb, the high frequencies really shine.
    GREAT! THANKS!!

And PLEASE: include World of Illusion, Quackshot and Mickey Mania in the works too!

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DOTDASHDOT View Post

Beautiful
    Perhaps this just comes with the track, but Substage in Castle of Illusion have a "persistent buzzing" during it.
    Last edited by franzito; 04-17-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Grand Shriner
    Thanks for the Battle Mania. Please for the sequel as well. Battle Mania Daiginjou

GREAT! THANKS!!

And PLEASE: include World of Illusion, Quackshot and Mickey Mania in the works too!

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Perhaps this just comes with the track, but Substage in Castle of Illusion have a "persistent buzzing" during it.
    I've removed it, will have a look and do it again, not sure why.

Hi mate, I've just checked, the new 3:23 long version, is exactly the same as the link you sent, except mine is a bit longer, past 1:30 the beat kicks in on the second intro loop, for another 1:50 past that, you sure you got the new one?
    Your 3:23 version is not the same as the in-game sound test/official soundtrack/vinyl or the video I linked to, I believe I may not be doing a good job at explaining what the issue is. Your rip is simply the first 90 seconds looped twice, which is not how the game actually plays the track. In-game, the first 90 seconds of Go Straight play one single time, with the following 90 seconds of the track looping and having a different tune from the first.

Please compare your second loop from 2:03-2:34 to the following video's second loop of Go Straight from 6:16-6:47 (the official SoR2 vinyl, which sounds exactly as it does in-game) and you can hear the difference in the tune, please use headphones if possible:

I would really appreciate it if someone else were to compare the two as well, as to help me explain what I'm getting at better.
    Last edited by jizames; 04-18-2019 at 06:24 AM.

Your 3:23 version is not the same as the in-game sound test/official soundtrack/vinyl or the video I linked to, I believe I may not be doing a good job at explaining what the issue is. Your rip is simply the first 90 seconds looped twice, which is not how the game actually plays the track. In-game, the first 90 seconds of Go Straight play one single time, with the following 90 seconds of the track looping and having a different tune from the first.

Please compare your second loop from 2:03-2:34 to the following video's second loop of Go Straight from 6:16-6:47 (the official SoR2 vinyl, which sounds exactly as it does in-game) and you can hear the difference in the tune, please use headphones if possible:

I would really appreciate it if someone else were to compare the two as well, as to help me explain what I'm getting at better.
    I was gonna record it originally from the in game sound test, but I thought the link you sent me from YouTube, was the full version.

I'll do it from the game itself, and not a VGM, lol hopefully it will have the full length cut :0

I was gonna record it originally from the in game sound test, but I thought the link you sent me from YouTube, was the full version.

I'll do it from the game itself, and not a VGM, lol hopefully it will have the full length cut :0
    Oh, I thought you were ripping the audio straight from the cartridge! LOL The SoR2 vgm's available over on project2612 are crap and they never bothered to correct the error, leaving those of us who wanted the real thing in VGM to do it ourselves. I actually went ahead and slapped together a comparison sound file for you to hear the difference easily now, so that you wouldn't have to deal with youtube videos. haha

Something I noticed as well is that your music plays at a slower rate? Was it playing in PAL/50hz instead of NTSC/60hz?

So far your job is surprisingly satisfying. But hey Mr. DOTDASHDOT: why Magical Sea (Stage 3) on Mcdonald's Treasure Land rip doesn't loop twice properly? I explain: the 2nd loop ends MUCH BEFORE the track goes for the 3rd one.
    As much as I love Dancing Bunny Girls (Stage 2) looped 3 TIMES, come on! Magical Sea (Stage 3) deserves to loop twice in its entirety XD
    Last edited by franzito; 04-18-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Oh, I thought you were ripping the audio straight from the cartridge! LOL The SoR2 vgm's available over on project2612 are crap and they never bothered to correct the error, leaving those of us who wanted the real thing in VGM to do it ourselves. I actually went ahead and slapped together a comparison sound file for you to hear the difference easily now, so that you wouldn't have to deal with youtube videos. haha

Something I noticed as well is that your music plays at a slower rate? Was it playing in PAL/50hz instead of NTSC/60hz?
    Haha, I mostly use cartridge, but some are VGM, same audio quality through an actual MD, but like you said, some of the cutting/looping is off, I've abandoned a few because of that.

I'm fine with doing it again, like I said it has to be right, and I do shoot for 60hz ntsc, not to say any Pal hasn't made it in, normally it's really noticeable if it's 50hz, and I'll change it if it's slo mo sound.

So far your job is surprisingly satisfying. But hey Mr. DOTDASHDOT: why Magical Sea (Stage 3) on Mcdonald's Treasure Land rip doesn't loop twice properly? I explain: the 2nd loop ends MUCH BEFORE the track goes for the 3rd one.
    As much as I love Dancing Bunny Girls (Stage 2) looped 3 TIMES, come on! Magical Sea (Stage 3) deserves to loop twice in its entirety XD
    I noticed the same thing with Magical Forest (Stage 1): the 2nd loop ends MUCH BEFORE the track goes for the 3rd one. Also... at 0:13 to 0:18, 0:38 to 0:44 and other parts where a flute-like instrument plays it seems the sound "bursts or clicks".
    Listen for yourself to understand what I meant.

I noticed the same thing with Magical Forest (Stage 1): the 2nd loop ends MUCH BEFORE the track goes for the 3rd one. Also... at 0:13 to 0:18, 0:38 to 0:44 and other parts where a flute-like instrument plays it seems the sound "bursts or clicks".
    Listen for yourself to understand what I meant.
    I've just been scrutinizing those time stamps you said, I can't hear any issues with it at all.....very clean, you had a point with Substage on Castle, gonna have a look at sorting that, but McDonald's sounds great to me.

Onion Kid
    good stuff. if i may make a suggestion - Thunder Force II. I think anyone who loves Genesis/MD music would love that. I kinda wish I kept all those....

I've just been scrutinizing those time stamps you said, I can't hear any issues with it at all.....very clean, you had a point with Substage on Castle, gonna have a look at sorting that, but McDonald's sounds great to me.
    Sorry for getting carried away. My pair of headphones might've tricked me

Quote Originally Posted by tvd1974 View Post
    good stuff. if i may make a suggestion - Thunder Force II. I think anyone who loves Genesis/MD music would love that. I kinda wish I kept all those....
    Yeah I'll be doing that

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Sorry for getting carried away. My pair of headphones might've tricked me
    Ha no worries, I'll let you off!

I'm gonna be out of action for around a week, looks like a resistor/s on the sound line of my MD have died, my audio has gone to shit, and it sounds terrible! I will be back very soon guys.