Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sega Genesis YM2612 Unleashed! If you don't like it, I'll give you some serious FLAC!

Added: Sonic the Hedgehog!

꧁Heart & mind unfolding꧂ franzito's Avatar
    Hello mate! Don't think I'm TOO demanding but... would you kindly number the tracks in the order they appear in the game?

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
    Good job there !
    If you don't mind adding to your already long list of requests:
    - El Viento
    - Crusaders of Centy (Soleil)
    - Gynoug
    - Shadow Dancer
    - Splatterhouse II

Thanks in advance.
    NOW THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!
    フランジト

Check out my [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (good & rare stuff) : D

Quote Originally Posted by franzito View Post
    Hello mate! Don't think I'm TOO demanding but... would you kindly number the tracks in the order they appear in the game?

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

NOW THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!
    Ok man, will do.

Added Gaiares!

thanks a lot!

Onion Kid
    There seems to be some kind of noise, in most soundtracks (or at least sonic and streets of rage ones) it starts like 0.1-0.2 secs or so earlier than the actual music, some soundwaves, I noticed them when comparing sonic1, very noticeable in the first 4 seconds of Spring Yard Zone, or Star Light Zone compared to the official release ([Hidden link. Register to see links.] I'm not really sure if that is what is adding the feeling of stereoish, or more like not being in some closed place, dunno how to explain).

Nobody requested yet M.U.S.H.A. Aleste? Booo
    WTF ? [Hidden link. Register to see links.] !

Quote Originally Posted by Puxini View Post
    There seems to be some kind of noise, in most soundtracks (or at least sonic and streets of rage ones) it starts like 0.1-0.2 secs or so earlier than the actual music, some soundwaves, I noticed them when comparing sonic1, very noticeable in the first 4 seconds of Spring Yard Zone, or Star Light Zone compared to the official release ([Hidden link. Register to see links.] I'm not really sure if that is what is adding the feeling of stereoish, or more like not being in some closed place, dunno how to explain).
    Cheers for the feedback, I've checked the tracks you've said, can't make it out on those, but have picked it up on some others, it's analogue noise, and you will get it as it's from native hardware, but there are things I can do to mitigate it, without resorting to noise reduction, which will ruin the sound, but I will adjust the input volume, that'll help, but it's only noticeable in specific circumstances, together with high volume from the playback device, my next after Gynoug, will reflect it mate.

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Gynoug added!
    Last edited by DOTDASHDOT; 04-13-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Grand Shriner
    I just started listening to these. Awesome. As long as you're taking requests, could I ask for The Adventures of Batman & Robin and Battletech 3050?
    My blog: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousStar View Post
    I just started listening to these. Awesome. As long as you're taking requests, could I ask for The Adventures of Batman & Robin and Battletech 3050?
    I'll put them on the list

Added Valis 3!

I've made some small changes to the mastering, going forward, may result in a slightly lower output, same quality, but just trying to mitigate any analogue interference, that may pop up occasionally, without resorting to any DNR, don't want to compromise the base quality.

Shadow Dancer is up

Great Thread, these sound awesome, thanks for sharing them with us !

I am guessing you're using a Flashcart ?

If there is Space for one more Request, then i'd have to ask for Home Alone.
    It's impossible to even find a .vgm File to listen to it with vgmstream and make my own Copy.

Damn Shame too, it has a rocking Soundtrack, i loved that Game as a Kid.
    Last edited by ManRay; 04-14-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRay View Post
    Great Thread, these sound awesome, thanks for sharing them with us !

I am guessing you're using a Flashcart ?

If there is Space for one more Request, then i'd have to ask for Home Alone.
    It's impossible to even find a .vgm File to listen to it with vgmstream and make my own Copy.

Damn Shame too, it has a rocking Soundtrack, i loved that Game as a Kid.
    I'll have to see if I can find it, or try and make a VGM, but the programs to make them, are a real pain in the arse, I get all sorts of issues.

here some req list for me
    Mega-Lo-Mania
    Thunder Force IV
    Battletoads
    Battletoads & Double Dragon The ULTIMATE TEAM
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

꧁Heart & mind unfolding꧂ franzito's Avatar
    McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure is also a good one!

Yeah some good ones there guys.

arbmurm
    No YM2612 collection would be complete without Mega Bomberman!

Gaiares is back up, I redid it, wasn't happy with the editing, made some useful changes, going forward too.

Gauntlet IV added!

Some good tunes of this one

Great call Giga Force.

This is absolutely brilliant. Hats off to you! I first heard Streets of Rage and was impressed -- now that Sonic is also there, I can't wait to hear more from that franchise (as if my nickname and avatar didn't already make that obvious ... :P)

http://youtube.com/maplestorypsn jizames's Avatar
    Great job on these but one major thing I'd like to point out on your Streets of Rage 2 rip that seems to be a fairly common mistake among the music ripping community in regards to SoR2.

Go Straight doesn't actually loop at the 1:30 mark. The track itself is in actuality at least 3 minutes long, as there IS a difference in the music at the 2 minute mark, which you can hear both in-game and the game's sound test as well. Simply compare the :30 second mark to the 2:00 minute mark in this video (or take another listen to the in-game sound test):

If it's not too much trouble, it would be greatly appreciated if you could update the track!
    Last edited by jizames; 04-15-2019 at 03:17 AM.
    Playstation Network ID: MapleStory

Quote Originally Posted by jizames View Post
    Great job on these but one major thing I'd like to point out on your Streets of Rage 2 rip that seems to be a fairly common mistake among the music ripping community in regards to SoR2.

Go Straight doesn't actually loop at the 1:30 mark. The track itself is in actuality at least 3 minutes long, as there IS a difference in the music at the 2 minute mark, which you can hear both in-game and the game's sound test as well. Simply compare the :30 second mark to the 2:00 minute mark in this video (or take another listen to the in-game sound test):

If it's not too much trouble, it would be greatly appreciated if you could update the track!
    I can do that, I'm going to be making a couple of small changes to SOR 1 and 2, so I'll redo it, it has to be right

A wolf in sheep's clothing.... lonelywolf's Avatar
    I still remember the music of Battle Mania ..
    I was shocked because at that time, only the NEO GEO was able to play smashing music (guitar riffs, etc.).
    The music of Battle Mania was really impressive on Megadrive !!

Gonna start including a changlog on my OP, will be useful for everyone.

4/14/19- New version of Gaiares, tracks started too late

4/15/19- Streets of Rage 1 and 2 have received new edits on majority of tracks.

4/15/19- Valis 3 received a new longer edit of Prologue.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Puxini View Post
    New Versions of Streets 1 and 2 up.
    Last edited by DOTDASHDOT; 04-15-2019 at 01:17 PM.