Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Superman II And III L L Land Records 3 CD Set (LOSSLESS) - Ken Thorne + John Williams

Impressario at Kipnis Studios KipnisStudios's Avatar
    Fantastic & Thank You!!!

thanks <3

Onion Kid
    Thanks!

Hello, I've made a quick comparison with the original FSM box tracklisting.
    If I'm not wrong, it seems that LLL contains 5 new tracks in the source music section:

CD2:
    7. Sunday Meeting 1:30
    10. Late Night Country Music 0:53
    12. Lois’ Pad 1:17
    13. Desert Riff 0:23
    15. Kids on the Bus 1:31

Onion Kid
    Jim Bowers, the creative consultant of this release confirmed that this CD set and the upcoming "Superman, The Movie" include tracks that wasn't included in the FSM release. Even better, the STM release will be remastered of the original recordings, have previously unused tracks. Thnk yoy Dark Knigth for this ones!!!

Grand Shriner
    from Mike Matessino:

The STM source music on SII/III is indeed exactly as it was recorded and now mixed from the 2-inch masters. On the FSM box all I had were fragments from the mixed dubbing stems that were given to me on DA88 tapes in 1999 for the Rhino project! They were already cut to fit the scenes in the TV version, so I had to editorially turn them into listenable tracks (so some have repeated sections). The only really "intact" piece was the Hawaiian music, which is why that was on the Rhino release (plus it was actually in the film) and then carried over to the FSM box.

Grand Shriner
    Many thanks!

Grand Shriner
    So can we say that the Superman Iv release was simply a reissue of the previous FSM discs? It sounds to me like it is. Also, hoping someone would share the STM release soon, I'm excited to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by davidlai View Post
    So can we say that the Superman Iv release was simply a reissue of the previous FSM discs? It sounds to me like it is. Also, hoping someone would share the STM release soon, I'm excited to hear it!
    Matessino previously stated that the new Superman IV release contained a few minor tweaks in presentation - little fixes he didn't have time/resources to do on the Blue Box release. I don't believe he ever detailed what EXACTLY those changes were, but I imagine they aren't very noticeable.

EDIT: Found the quote on FSM:

"as I had to make a new DDP for delivery I took the opportunity to listen and make some, as I said, "very, very, very minor" fixes. A tick or two painted out and a cleaned-up ending here and there, that kind of thing. And that's it. Now, if anyone who was passing on it feels that makes it worthy of a re-buy, then by all means go ahead. This was dusting the floor, not installing a new one. Hope that clarifies.

Mike M. "

05/02/18
    Last edited by harry322; Yesterday at 04:19 PM.

Many thanks!

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by harry322 View Post
    EDIT: Found the quote on FSM:

"as I had to make a new DDP for delivery I took the opportunity to listen and make some, as I said, "very, very, very minor" fixes. A tick or two painted out and a cleaned-up ending here and there, that kind of thing. And that's it. Now, if anyone who was passing on it feels that makes it worthy of a re-buy, then by all means go ahead. This was dusting the floor, not installing a new one. Hope that clarifies.

Mike M. "

05/02/18
    Yes, it does help! And so my guess is somewhat correct. I'll keep the blue box presentation, because in my opinion, that feels more natural in places. Thanks for clarifying!!!

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by reptar View Post
    Booklet scans?
    I second this.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc View Post
    I second this.
    I heard an interview yesterday on the new Superman releases, and the record producer Mike Matessino said that they didn't have all the information about the films in the accompanying La La Land booklets. If you previously owned the blue box put out by FSM, there's a 160-page book that came with the box, and the information on that one is more complete. So, just for your reference. Therefore, I don't quite care about images and scans for this. The music alone is quite enough, and it is very, very good!!!

Many thanks !