Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner : The Complete Score (2019 Limited Edition) with download link

Shriner
    Thank you so much for this!

Great effort, awesome share. Many thanks

Grand Shriner
    Thanks for the link - fantastic job !

Leader in the Hellsing Forces Honored General's Avatar
    AMAZING! so MANY THANKS for THIS!
    " When the government fears the people, that is freedom. When the people fear the government that is tyranny."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"When a government takes over a people's economic life it becomes absolute, and when it has become absolute it destroys the arts, the minds, the liberties and the meaning of the people it governs."

-Author Maxwell Anderson (1888-1959)

Onion Kid
    Thanks so very much for this exceptional release. Your work is superb; the release sounds crisp and fantastic overall.

A couple of technical questions, if you are able to answer.

Were all of these tracks kept as lossless as possible, ie, no lossy compression intermediaries along the way to encoding the final FLACs?

In particular I see in the notes that tracks 9 and 13 on the bonus disc are sourced from LPs and "digitally declicked." What were your original sources for these tracks? .FLACs and / or lossless .wavs captured directly by you from the original LPs? Unknown? Lossy, or lossless? What program did you use to "declick"? Some quality loss is inevitable in "declicking." Is it possible for you to provide alternate *unprocessed* versons of these tracks -- the raw 16-bit PCM captures instead?

Grand Shriner
    Link received, thank you very much!

Grand Shriner
    Link received. Thank you so much. This is really stunning work - what an achievement!

Onion Kid
    Link received. Awesome Work!!!

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Bob View Post
    Thanks so very much for this exceptional release. Your work is superb; the release sounds crisp and fantastic overall.

A couple of technical questions, if you are able to answer.

Were all of these tracks kept as lossless as possible, ie, no lossy compression intermediaries along the way to encoding the final FLACs?

In particular I see in the notes that tracks 9 and 13 on the bonus disc are sourced from LPs and "digitally declicked." What were your original sources for these tracks? .FLACs and / or lossless .wavs captured directly by you from the original LPs? Unknown? Lossy, or lossless? What program did you use to "declick"? Some quality loss is inevitable in "declicking." Is it possible for you to provide alternate *unprocessed* versons of these tracks -- the raw 16-bit PCM captures instead?
    Hi Billy Bob,

Every track was worked on using lossless files, and the material I pulled from Blu-ray was 24/48 downrezzed for final files to 16/44 (without dithering). Only track 9 was sourced from LP, a file that DC sent me, which is "out there," as they say. I used ClickRepair, which is the least intrusive program I've found for declicking vinyl -- it allows you to listen to what's being removed and adjust your settings accordingly. I always use a very low setting and manually removed some clicks in order to preserve the sound quality of the track. I up-rezzed the file so as not to lose any bits in the processing. I'd like to do a rip of that LP myself one day in hi-rez, but I haven't found a copy yet. The CD, unfortunately, is poorly mastered and wasn't suitable to use for this project.

Thank you!

Onion Kid
    Would love a link to this!

Onion Kid
    Link received, thank you so much!

Onion Kid
    Wow, your post is inspiring - thanks a million for taking the time to do this. Thanks in advance if you have time to send me the link. I'm sure the work is wonderful. Cheers.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by SlvrHmrm View Post
    Hi Billy Bob,

Every track was worked on using lossless files, and the material I pulled from Blu-ray was 24/48 downrezzed for final files to 16/44 (without dithering). Only track 9 was sourced from LP, a file that DC sent me, which is "out there," as they say. I used ClickRepair, which is the least intrusive program I've found for declicking vinyl -- it allows you to listen to what's being removed and adjust your settings accordingly. I always use a very low setting and manually removed some clicks in order to preserve the sound quality of the track. I up-rezzed the file so as not to lose any bits in the processing. I'd like to do a rip of that LP myself one day in hi-rez, but I haven't found a copy yet. The CD, unfortunately, is poorly mastered and wasn't suitable to use for this project.
    Thanks very much for your detailed reply! It is obvious that you paid very close attention to collating all the tracks in the highest possible quality. My mind is at ease -- this release is truly the new definitive BLADE RUNNER soundtrack release. It seems you've spared no fine detail or cut any corners in the technical department; for that I'm immensely grateful.

I shall have to try ClickRepair. The only time I fooled with "click repair" / declicking was YEARS ago with Youngglove's Cool Edit script. The results were mediocre, and that was supposedly 'the best" back in the day. So, I never messed with declicking after that, but if anything has changed for the better in the 10+-year interim, perhaps ClickRepair is worth a try and declicking is up for reassessment.

I used 'ClickRepair' couple of times recently, and it always went flawlessly. There's a small loss of quality (mostly the lower frequencies), yes, but you get a clean track in return. And as SlvrHmrm said, play with the settings, you'll be amazed what it can do.

Front cover for the film version discs

and for the bonus discs
    Last edited by JacKc; 02-05-2019 at 12:31 PM. Reason: minor adjustments on 2nd cover

Grand Shriner
    Love those, JacKc!

Link Received!!!... Thanks

Grand Shriner
    I'm happy to announce that, as an extra bonus and with the help of DC and Jabberwocky711, I'm preparing a set of the complete Workprint cues, including ALL of the source cues appearing from "Deckard Enters the Bradbury" to the end of the film. There are quite a few differences in the score prior to that, too. Look for that release soon!

Love those, JacKc!
    Thanks a lot ! I'm trying to make something as good as your awesome Blade Runner Complete Score. Actually working and back tray inlays

I'm happy to announce that, as an extra bonus and with the help of DC and Jabberwocky711, I'm preparing a set of the complete Workprint cues, including ALL of the source cues appearing from "Deckard Enters the Bradbury" to the end of the film. There are quite a few differences in the score prior to that, too. Look for that release soon!
    woot woot !!

Shriner
    Thanks very much for the link. I've received it and downloaded the soundtrack. Looking forward to listening!

Looking forward to this as well!

Shriner
    WOW.. very VERY interested in this.. may i have the link please? Thanks so much!

Link received.
    Thanks for the share