Thread: D. Albarn & M. Nyman - Ravenous (Deluxe Edition)

D. Albarn & M. Nyman - Ravenous (Deluxe Edition)

Damon Albarn & Michael Nyman
    Ravenous (Deluxe Edition)

23 tracks, TRT: 1:16:27, FLAC

Spoiler!

Note: wow oh wow how had I not viewed the film or heard this score before last week?! There's not much to say about this edition; it's the same material as found on the album with one extension which sounds to be the only cue missing throughout the entire film meaning the 1999 score album was NEARLY complete to start which made my work so much easier. All I had to do is fade the missing music when Boyd climbs out of the pit into the end of the track titled "The Pit" and I was done. The transition is awkward but that is how it plays in the film so until a clean version leaks, this is it I'm afraid. The cue is an alternate version of the track "Boyd's Journey", played with what sounds like synths or recorder versus the accordion. Leveling was a bitch and is still not perfect but it's not bad enough to cause me to make a fuss over it. Since it was ripped from the Bluray, there is some very light wind FX that again isn't all that distracting enough for me to raise a fuss. The extension amounts to just over 2 minutes so not significant but I love that cue so I couldn't go without making my own edit. The original album also featured a track or two that I didn't hear anywhere in the film, an example being "Ives Returns". Correct me if I'm wrong.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by cödėmaster88; 12-05-2018 at 01:44 AM.
    I am, and always shall remain a shade of the past, present, and future.

I have rare sessions but picky on what I'll take in return. PM me and let's negotiate.

I'm actually re-working the "The Pit" cue. Gonna end up splitting it up into 2 cues again. The end titles include an extended version of "The Pit" which has been trimmed down for the scene in question, and the film version features an alternate ending so going to work with that. I'll have it up shortly. Link deleted for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

New link available.

I split the two Pit cues up, one "The Pit" (untouched as on album) and "Out of the Pit" (a combo of the OST track "End Titles" from 0:00-1:13 with 1:13-end from the Bluray). No wind SFX anymore thanks to this revelation. The film mixing is a little different from the OST (film has it mixed very right heavy while the OST had it mixed left heavy; I left the album cue as is and just swapped the channels on the Bluray sourced ending {5.1 downmixed to stereo} to blend more naturally with the album mixing, also the bass hits are timed differently and not as pronounced in the film versus the album) but I like what I was able to do with it as I hope you all do as well.

Excellent, many thanks for this
    Rep left of course

thanks so much, wasn't aware of this release looking forward to it...rep added

Thank you!

Grand Shriner
    Thank you very much.

Grand Shriner
    Thank you very much. Rep added.

one of my favorite scores, its also a really good movie, thanks!

Colquhoun's Story is an staggering piece of music, really incredible in its development, begins as a pretty little tune and ends as a symphonic piece of pure horror

one of the best tracks of the past 20 years IMO, and completely unforgettable

Grand Shriner
    Thanks!!

One of the best vampire movies. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Killgrave View Post
    One of the best vampire movies. Period.
    Cannibal, not vampire.

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by miniaturo View Post
    Colquhoun's Story is an staggering piece of music, really incredible in its development, begins as a pretty little tune and ends as a symphonic piece of pure horror

one of the best tracks of the past 20 years IMO, and completely unforgettable
    I couldn’t agree more. I keep humming Boyd and Colquhoun’s themes to myself lately. Really cool stuff.

Thank you for your effort, cödėmaster88!

Grand Shriner
    Thanks!

Grand Shriner
    Thank you very much! One of my favorite scores.