Thread: Lossless rip of Doom (2016) 2-CD soundtrack

Cool Lossless rip of Doom (2016) 2-CD soundtrack

I searched on the forums and I can't seem to find it...

So it seems a 2-CD soundtrack of Doom (2016) [[Hidden link. Register to see links.] and [Hidden link. Register to see links.]] was released earlier this year.

Any chance someone has it and is willing to upload a lossless rip? If at all possible, with EAC logs.

The lossless digital download was already upped by [Hidden link. Register to see links.], but it'd be nice to also have the CD version.

Thanks.

Bump.

Shriner
    What's the difference between a lossless rip from the digital download and CD version? 0o

I actually don't know, since I don't have the CD to compare -- it's quite possible it'll be identical to the lossless download I uploaded, but quite often lossless digital downloads will have a watermark, quite often audible, that allows the record label to detect piracy. One of the reasons I was looking for the CD version was this.

Bump.

Onion Kid
    [Deleted due to nonsense]
    Last edited by rapiddownloader; 10-08-2018 at 12:35 PM.

What's wrong with [Hidden link. Register to see links.] It's what I have and all I need.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Any Led-Zeppelin fans on here? I made custom film versions of all their songs that appear in my favorite movie, Almost Famous. If you're interested, you know what to do

Don't forget the visitor message option

#makeamericagreatagain

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by rapiddownloader View Post
    PS:
    I would go for this one: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [DOOM (SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION X4 VINYL BOXSET / SLIPMAT / DOUBLE CD BUNDLE)].

But the problem is it is sould out and there is also no shipping rate at my country anyway, otherwise this could have been my first upload, so who knows if I would every receive it?

It would be more than just great and thankful if someone could rip and upload the Special Limited Edition in (digital) and all of its pictures/inlays (scans) and contenct in Lossless quality , but this is going to be a Masterwork and I guess nobody here, also the DOOM Fans are able to do it, since it is hard to rip Vinyl records as much lossless as possible. I would really like to see if someone is able to accept the challenge. (Let's call it like that). But it seems like it's definitely impossible, since nobody is going to do it, even those ***** guys who own it and do not have the will to share content. I am sure it is now SOLD OUT forever........(I am not crazy to buy it from Discogs and spend about 250$ to 400$ + shipping and more....)
    Eh, there's still the "regular" 4 Vinyl special edition

But you also need a decent turn table and pre-amp to get good sound from vinyls which can easily be in the 1000s of $. >.>

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DAKoftheOTA View Post
    What's wrong with [Hidden link. Register to see links.] It's what I have and all I need.
    The official soundtrack is quite different though.
    Last edited by Daisaku31; 10-06-2018 at 05:00 AM.

Just take your time to read this article and you will understand the difference between the CD, WEB and Vinyl record storage method:

Well the truth is that digital recordings are not really "lossless" even if you buy it from the WEB with a 24 bit depth or buy a CD which usually has a 16 bit depth. Analog recordings (=Vinyl records) have ~a groove carved into it that mirrors the original sound's waveform with no information loss at all. But the problem is you need to take very good care of it since dust and damage and scratches lead to noise.

PS:
    I would go for this one: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [DOOM (SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION X4 VINYL BOXSET / SLIPMAT / DOUBLE CD BUNDLE)].

But the problem is it is sould out and there is also no shipping rate at my country anyway, otherwise this could have been my first upload, so who knows if I would every receive it?

It would be more than just great and thankful if someone could rip and upload the Special Limited Edition in (digital) and all of its pictures/inlays (scans) and contenct in Lossless quality , but this is going to be a Masterwork and I guess nobody here, also the DOOM Fans are able to do it, since it is hard to rip Vinyl records as much lossless as possible. I would really like to see if someone is able to accept the challenge. (Let's call it like that). But it seems like it's definitely impossible, since nobody is going to do it, even those ***** guys who own it and do not have the will to share content. I am sure it is now SOLD OUT forever........(I am not crazy to buy it from Discogs and spend about 250$ to 400$ + shipping and more....)
    Assuming the mastering of the CD and of the vinyl record edition is identical or similar, a 16-bit CD rip should be OK. As far as the "lossless" quality of a vinyl record is concerned, I could go into a huge technical discussion involving the non-silent noise floor of such a medium, in addition to the wow and flutter rotary analog systems can introduce as the record spins -- but that really isn't the topic of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DAKoftheOTA View Post
    It isn't the official OST, as far as I can see. I was interested in the officially released one.

Quote Originally Posted by SonikkuBlur View Post
    It isn't the official OST, as far as I can see. I was interested in the officially released one.
    It may not be an official retail/licensed release, but it is the complete video game soundtrack afaik

Onion Kid
    [Deleted due to nonsense]
    Last edited by rapiddownloader; 10-08-2018 at 12:33 PM.

Shriner
    And what is this then? [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    A partial soundtrack Vinyl release? Only has 20 tracks of the 31 official tracks.

To my knowledge, the special edition I linked earlier is the same as the special limited edition but only the vinyls are black instead of red and doesn't come with slipmat or CD.

Onion Kid
    I am just going for the Special Edition, otherwise if you do not want to help me out finding it, I am just gonna save money and grab it from discogs, and just Rip everything for my friends and me and nobody else. I don't know how many people have a "Very High Accurate Vinyl Ripper" but my friend has one which is really expensive, and I ensure you it is worth it having such a high quality Rip archived, because I am pretty sure this is a OIALT (Once In A Lifetime) situation and everyone would like to have it and I also have the will to share it, if you help me out.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by SonikkuBlur View Post
    I searched on the forums and I can't seem to find it...

So it seems a 2-CD soundtrack of Doom (2016) [[Hidden link. Register to see links.] and [Hidden link. Register to see links.]] was released earlier this year.

Any chance someone has it and is willing to upload a lossless rip? If at all possible, with EAC logs.

The lossless digital download was already upped by [Hidden link. Register to see links.], but it'd be nice to also have the CD version.

Thanks.
    Status-Update:

@SonikkuBlur Bro, fuck it, I am gonna go for the CDs, Vinyl sucks, talked to my Prof. today who is an expert for Audio Engineering and he explained me everything in detail. He recommends me to grab the CDs. (No shit, this is true story).

Already bough it, now it is shipping, I will keep you up to date with "Status" below.

Only Problem:
    I do not know how to Rip CDs, so could you send me a link for instructions, would be great if there are some experts, because the first thing I am going to do is unpack it, scan and rip it to hopefully ensure a 100% Rip.
    I have a scanner and I am going to scan in Very High Quality, so the file size of the scans could be very huge (My Printer/Scanner was not cheap when I bought it and it is really good).

Last edited by rapiddownloader; Today at 08:02 AM.

Status-Update:

@SonikkuBlur Bro, fuck it, I am gonna go for the CDs, Vinyl sucks, talked to my Prof. today who is an expert for Audio Engineering and he explained me everything in detail. He recommends me to grab the CDs. (No shit, this is true story).
    Already bough it, now it is shipping, I will keep you up to date, if you want to.

Only Problem:
    I do not know how to Rip CDs, so could you send me a link for instructions, would be great if there are some experts, because the first thing I am going to do is unpack it, scan and rip it to hopefully ensure a 100% Rip.
    I have a scanner and I am going to scan in Very High Quality, so the file size of the scans could be very huge (My Printer/Scanner was not cheap when I bought it).

Regards,
    R.D.
    That would be really kind and awesome of you! As far as ripping to lossless goes, EAC (Exact Audio Copy) tends to be the program of choice on Windows, and XLD for macOS.

For EAC I like these two guides ([Hidden link. Register to see links.] and [Hidden link. Register to see links.]).

Onion Kid
    Status Update:

They just came but the package was a bit damaged, but the CDs and the contents are completely fine I guess, since they are in good condition. I will rip them probably on Friday, when I have more time. I will make an original Rip like @SonikkuBlur advised me to and I am also going to make an additional Rip with an .iso image, so if I messed up something, you can always fix it with the .iso.

I am not going to open up a new Thread. I will just upload it here, if that's fine for you.
    And also btw. I am going to start an "Ultimate Doom Soundtrack Collection" Project, where everything is included from the game/remixes/extras/... and also the Movie OST/Score etc. If someone is interested, it would be great helping me out. Otherwise if a similar project like mine already exists, then let me know, so I don't really need to do it and make things more complicated.

Any suggetions/wishes/recommendations/...for me?

[OS: Windows 7, Windows 10, Linux]
    Last edited by rapiddownloader; Today at 08:09 AM.