Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Elliot Goldenthal / Interview With The Vampire (Deluxe Edition) / FLAC / MP3 / HiRes

Thank you!
    Would you like a jelly baby?

Thanks guys!

Grand Shriner
    Great job as usual! Thanks!

Grand Shriner
    Thank you!

Thank you!

Great!
    Thank you for your effort, Sonic and Fink!

Shriner
    Where did you get "Claudia's Death" from since it isn't in the OST nor the leaked sessions?

Quote Originally Posted by relm1 View Post
    Where did you get "Claudia's Death" from since it isn't in the OST nor the leaked sessions?
    Ooops, I don't know. You'd have to ask Fink (dear, can you answer this?). Or I just re-titled it, equally possible.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    I guess it's because one of the tracks in the sessions is (mis)labeled "Cistern (Claudia's Death)"

this is such a great release....so far I couldn't bring myself to listen to the sessions because it seemed "disorganized" somehow....now the track combinations are great (yes I compared the "custom version" with this version to see what's different and/or missing) and the sound is stellar....great work all around...
    I dindn't even know about the song before....
    Danke Sonic!
    Last edited by PeterJJ; 07-31-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Thank you!!!!!!

I was curious about Fink's "Lestat's Return". From the description it I sounded like perhaps "Lestat's Return" was a rip of the last score track (which has minimal sfx) from the DVD or Blu-ray (which then, per the film, segues to "Sympathy for the Devil"). But instead it's "Malloy Runs Away" (which is included in the sessions) combined with "Louis Returns Home". Ah well. Maybe LLL will get around to releasing an expanded version one day.

And is it just my ears or have you've gone drier than the sessions and OST? The most I was tempted to do was run the sessions through a light high pass filter (and, on reflection, perhaps I should have).
    Last edited by gururu; 07-31-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thank you so much!

So to answer the question, the track "Lestat's Return" is just an approximation. It s a combination of, indeed "Malloy Runs away" then "Louis Returns Home" , a bit of blu ray rip, then "Light Switch" (the only non-chronological piece) andto finish an alternate cue with lestat's theme(can t remember the name of this track). I could have used more from the blu ray rip (i really love the harpsichord), but really i can't stand the (even minimal) sfx, so i ve just made this.

I really hope it will be released officially indeed, so we ll have these little missing tracks

Glad you all enjoy it nevertheless ^^

Quote Originally Posted by gururu View Post
    And is it just my ears or have you've gone drier than the sessions and OST? The most I was tempted to do was run the sessions through a light high pass filter (and, on reflection, perhaps I should have).
    What do you mean with "drier"? Less reverb, less treble or more aggressive? Because I myself think it's a little too aggressive. A high pass filter might be a good idea since all the soft tracks sound muffled (they also did on the OST). I attempted to change this with a dynamic EQ. At the same time I wanted to tame the aggressive highs for loud pieces. Maybe I exaggerated? For this score, I really struggled with the amount of bass / reverb it was supposed to have.

Oh noes. This talk has got me fiddling with it again.

Quote Originally Posted by gururu View Post
    Oh noes. This talk has got me fiddling with it again.
    I know the feeling, I can never stop as well. Call me George (Lucas).

As always, thanks to both of you for the time, effort, and love of movie scores!

Downloaded the Audiophile version and played it via my Bluetooth receiver on my newly acquired [Hidden link. Register to see links.] and I'm amazed by the results. Probably the best listening experience ever.

---

Now you've done one vampire movie score, you should do "Bram Stoker's Dracula" next. The original CD release is very...quiet, at least to my ears. Problem is that Wojciech Kilar passed away since 2013 and the sessions, as of 2018, has yet to leak and there's no isolated score track on the blu-ray, nor is there an officially released expanded soundtrack. It's one of my favorite vampire movie scores along with this one.

Thank you!

Thank you very much it was a FANTASTIC listening experience I always enjoyed this soundtrack but it was so much more in this version. Thanks again for all credited for this share and all that you do! Have A Great Week

Thanks!

thanks

Onion Kid
    Ace!

Grand Shriner
    Good morning gururu, thanks for sending over the links but the main link doesn't work anymore.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by westernjunkie View Post
    Good morning gururu, thanks for sending over the links but the main link doesn't work anymore.
    wrong thread!