Thread: Octopath Traveler Soundtrack

Grand Shriner

Octopath Traveler Soundtrack

Sounds like we are receiving an Octopath Traveler soundtrack July 13th. Anyone know any info? A request is here nonetheless.

Patience is a virtue ! my copy just left this morning.

Grand Shriner
    Get Hyped! Might be one of the best Soundtracks to come out this year.

Very excited.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Luminance Squadron Killey's Avatar
    I'm totally stoked for this and yes indeed this will probably be one of the best video game soundtracks in a long time! If the preview OST is anything to go by the whole thing will definitely be a true masterpiece. I can't wait to immerse myself in the game and the music and play all of those awesome tracks on repeat for a long time going forward Hype!
    "The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful than a thousand heads bowing in prayer" - Mahatma Gandhi

Shriner

Grand Shriner
    Heads up, but there's a transcoded 320 version floating around, and I'm not sure if that one from hikarino is legit, so might want to check some of the mp3s with spek or similar if you so download the OST.

Thank you tsubasan!

Quote Originally Posted by WorkNoFun View Post
    Heads up, but there's a transcoded 320 version floating around, and I'm not sure if that one from hikarino is legit, so might want to check some of the mp3s with spek or similar if you so download the OST.
    I must admit to being puzzled by the use of 'legit' in this context; it implies that the version in question is not the complete soundtrack. Actually looking up 'transcode' cleared that up, though the existence of such a version is understandable given that the OST itself is available in digital formats. For example, someone might have bought it on iTunes and converted it to MP3 simply because he or she believed the latter format to be more widely supported.
    White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
    "Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."

Quote Originally Posted by tsubasan View Post
    Thank you so much for uploading this.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by tsubasan View Post
    thank you so much!

Grand Shriner
    for flac version here you go

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
    I must admit to being puzzled by the use of 'legit' in this context; it implies that the version in question is not the complete soundtrack. Actually looking up 'transcode' cleared that up, though the existence of such a version is understandable given that the OST itself is available in digital formats. For example, someone might have bought it on iTunes and converted it to MP3 simply because he or she believed the latter format to be more widely supported.
    Some people seem to believe better quality is better than the content. Personally, I just wanted to hear the soundtrack at all. Tsubasan posted a link to what seems to be the full soundtrack and that's what was requested, therefore the request was satiated. I'll let the audiophiles argue about the quality, I'm just here for the soundtrack. I'll worry about quality later though, which is fair I think. *shrugs*