Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: An Official Full Soundtrack to Sonic Mania?

  1. #1
    Shriner DededesDreamLand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Dream Land
    Posts
    92

    An Official Full Soundtrack to Sonic Mania?

    So apparently, the Japanese Limited Edition of Sonic Mania Plus comes with a 2 CD Soundtrack that is said to support all 54 songs of Sonic Mania.

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    The only official soundtracks available are the vinyl (which has only most of the new songs) and the digital "Selected Edition" (which has all but the Sonic 1 & 2 remixes), so would it be okay if someone would please rip this soundtrack (hopefully FLAC) around the time frame when it comes out?

    EDIT: The track list has been released, and unfortunately, the Sonic 1 & 2 remixes aren't here. However, they include the bonus tracks included in the upcoming Sonic Mania Plus, plus the Hyper Potions songs for the game.

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by DededesDreamLand; 05-11-2018 at 08:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Shriner DededesDreamLand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Dream Land
    Posts
    92
    Update Information: Changed the source link to the soundtrack info, plus I added a link to the track list.

  3. #3
    I hope she made lotsa spaghetti! mariofan12ify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    389
    Ok, this is nice and all but still no Knuckles ending music? Smh, SEGA.

  4. #4
    Shriner DededesDreamLand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Dream Land
    Posts
    92
    I still kind of upset that the Sonic 1 & 2 remixes are still not included, as they are excellent. But I think I understand why, I believe Masato Nakamura owns the music to Sonic 1 & 2 and Sega has to get his permission in order to use his music.

  5. #5
    Crazy Sonic fan SonikkuBlur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    112
    Have to bump this thread, since we're a week away from the release. It's a shame that the Sonic 1 and 2 themes still won't be a part of this release, but it'd be nice if someone got their hands on this and released a lossless version (preferably with EAC or some other program for a secure rip, if that's at all possible).

  6. #6
    Grand Shriner Bizargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    379
    I have just pre-ordered a PS4 copy from Solaris Japan (Haven't got a PS4 yet, but the years have sure given me a very large number of reasons to, plus Sonic Mania's too sheer a joy just to merely gaze upon & listen to), so I'll be happy to fill the void should no-one else beat me to it. But knowing how sought after Sonic's music is around here & everywhere (And when I hear proper classy beauties like 'Lava Reef, Act 2' & 'Stardust Speedway, Act 1', how can anyone be blamed?!), I could be beat pretty fast!
    Last edited by Bizargh; 07-15-2018 at 11:18 PM.

  7. #7
    Crazy Sonic fan SonikkuBlur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizargh View Post
    I have just pre-ordered a PS4 copy from Solaris Japan (Haven't got a PS4 yet, but the years have sure given me a very large number of reasons to, plus Sonic Mania's too sheer a joy just to merely gaze upon & listen to), so I'll be happy to fill the void should no-one else beat me to it. But knowing how sought after Sonic's music is around here & everywhere (And when I hear proper classy beauties like 'Lava Reef, Act 2' & 'Stardust Speedway, Act 1', how can anyone be blamed?!), I could be beat pretty fast!
    Thanks so much for this! And agreed, Tee Lopes (both the reimagined tracks from the older games and the new zones; I mean that piano solo in Studiopolis Zone Act 1, the sax solo in Metallic Madness Zone Act 2, or the chorus of both Press Garden Zones, or the Jet Set Radio-inspired Hi-Spec Robo Go!... holy moly) really knocked it out of the ballpark with this OST. I reiterate, damn shame the Sonic 1 and 2 themes aren't on this release (I'm guessing due to royalty/copyright issues involving Nakamura), but oh well, it's better than nothing!
    Last edited by SonikkuBlur; 07-16-2018 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Adding favorite theme segments

  8. #8
    Grand Shriner Bizargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    379
    Best I can cover you for the unsold music would be the in-game music files themselves from the Steam release (Haven't yet got the Steam version to verify if they're laid bare as I'd presume, but it should be the whole lot) here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Or alternatively, !!!!!'s Nexus has an "Expanded Soundtrack" of Sonic Mania's in-game music here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    I'll save you the Safelink malarkey and provide the MEGA link: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    There's also this Dropbox link of the music within in it's original OGG format before it was transcoded into MP3 VBR: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    The former one's OGG files (I assume the LOGG files can be renamed to OGG or there's a simple conversion process I haven't yet checked on), and the latter's an "Expanded Soundtrack" of MP3 conversions from the game files as seen in the former. Either or both could be updated with the arrival of Sonic Mania Plus/Encore Mode.

    It's not lossless nor an official release, but it's the next best thing.
    Last edited by Bizargh; 07-16-2018 at 02:07 PM.

  9. #9
    Crazy Sonic fan SonikkuBlur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizargh View Post
    Best I can cover you for the unsold music would be the in-game music files themselves from the Steam release (Haven't yet got the Steam version to verify if they're laid bare as I'd presume, but it should be the whole lot) here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Or alternatively, !!!!!'s Nexus has an "Expanded Soundtrack" of Sonic Mania's in-game music here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    I'll save you the Safelink malarkey and provide the MEGA link: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    There's also this Dropbox link of the music within in it's original OGG format before it was transcoded into MP3 VBR: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    The former one's OGG files (I assume the LOGG files can be renamed to OGG or there's a simple conversion process I haven't yet checked on), and the latter's an "Expanded Soundtrack" of MP3 conversions from the game files as seen in the former. Either or both could be updated with the arrival of Sonic Mania Plus/Encore Mode.

    It's not lossless nor an official release, but it's the next best thing.
    Thanks a lot; I was thinking of taking the Steam OGG files that aren't in Sonic Mania Plus/Encore Mode (the 2-CD OST) and maybe looping them (and saving it as FLAC, to avoid making it go through yet another lossy encode). This way we'd have a genuinely complete, albeit unofficial, soundtrack.
    Last edited by SonikkuBlur; 07-16-2018 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Clarification

  10. #10
    Grand Shriner Vector Harbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,294
    Maybe someone can find something : [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by Vector Harbor; 07-17-2018 at 04:27 PM.
    Pokemon Music Extended (In Work) (Main Series) (NO FREAKING YouTube CONVERSION)

    Part 1

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]


    Part 2

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  11. #11
    Grand Shriner Bizargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    379
    Looks like I was indeed beat to the punch: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. There's no logs, cues, etc. Just the music & sufficient tags/metadata.

    I still would be very happy to provide my own rip when my copy arrives, as I plan to fill it with surplus material from more detailed tags/metadata if necessary, multiple lossless formats (As I rip to WAV, then convert to compressed formats like FLAC & M4A [Lossless]), Full Credits text files based on CD booklets or available & verifiable information (I really don't believe a PDF or text file containing the full human effort, gratitude and/or expression for a musical project should be a novelty) and/or the huge collection of images & GIFs I got from the official site.

    It may amount to unnecessary rubbish for most, but I like to go what steps beyond the official digital release I can so people are getting something those releases aren't providing, if not outright omitting (It took the CD releases of Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST & Halo: Reach soundtracks for me to learn that up to three additional composers including Destiny's C Paul Johnson contributed their talent to Marty 'n' Mike's work, plus it's nice to know I have folks like Harry Hmura to thank for the sublime guitar-work for Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 3: ODST & Halo: Reach).
    Last edited by Bizargh; 07-22-2018 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Getting my wording in check

  12. #12
    Crazy Sonic fan SonikkuBlur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizargh View Post
    Looks like I was indeed beat to the punch, as I expected: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]. There's no logs, cues, etc. Just the music & sufficient tags/metadata.

    I still would be very happy to provide my own rip when my copy arrives, as I plan to fill it with surplus material from more detailed tags/metadata if necessary, multiple lossless formats (As I rip to WAV, then convert to compressed formats like FLAC & M4A [Lossless]), Full Credits text files based on CD booklets or available & verifiable information (I really don't believe a PDF or text file containing the full human effort, gratitude and/or expression for a musical project should be a novelty) and/or the huge collection of images & GIFs I got from the official site.

    It may amount to unnecessary rubbish for most, but I like to go what steps beyond the official release I can so people are getting something the official releases aren't providing, if not outright omitting (It took the CD releases of Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST & Halo: Reach for me to learn that up to three additional composers including Destiny's C Paul Johnson contributed their talent to Marty 'n' Mike's work, plus it's nice to know I have folks like Harry Hmura to thank for the sublime guitar-work for Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 3: ODST & Halo: Reach).
    That would be very nice of you! Thanks for going that extra mile.

  13. #13
    Grand Shriner Bizargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    379
    I just received my Royal Mail Customs Charge and it looks like my PS4 copy should arrive this coming Saturday 4th August. In the meantime;

    - Yet another CD rip's popped up here (No EAC data & such, but they did provide their own scans): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    - Back in the thread I previously linked, somebody brought up a torrent that also included some Nintendo Switch FLAC rips of tracks missing from the official release (Spectrogram inspections seem to check out at least): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    - A [Hidden link. Register to see links.] in the Lossless Soundtrack Thread (v2) is very keen to deliver their own rip up there. Although they are seeking a replacement Nintendo Switch copy from Amazon Japan (It visibly had a rough trip), they've not been asked to return the copy they originally received, so could end up performing their own CD rip of the soundtrack soon and sending it there.

    Despite all of this, I still intend to provide my personal EAC CD rip of the soundtrack once it arrives with multiple lossless formats & surplus material courtesy of official sites, [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (I'm not equipped for such a task & the person/people behind these certainly were) & project staff. Although, maybe having additionally gathered the Sonic Mania Adventures concept art, model sheets & images from official/author Twitter accounts or verified sources is overboard, but it just seemed an ideal inclusion (Not to mention the adorably alive artwork is borderline therapeutic, but that may just be me).
    Last edited by Bizargh; 08-03-2018 at 12:15 AM.

  14. #14
    Crazy Sonic fan SonikkuBlur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizargh View Post
    I just received my Royal Mail Customs Charge and it looks like my PS4 copy should arrive this coming Saturday 4th August. In the meantime;

    - Yet another CD rip's popped up here (No EAC data & such, but they did provide their own scans): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    It's awesome so many people are chipping in to provide the forums with this release. For what it's worth, I used CUETools to check both of the currently available lossless rips, and they both check out; it doesn't seem to be available on AccurateRip's database yet, but CTDB reports "(22/22) Accurately ripped" for all tracks on both CDs for both rips.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizargh View Post
    - Back in the thread I previously linked, somebody brought up a torrent that also included some Nintendo Switch FLAC rips of tracks missing from the official release (Spectrogram inspections seem to check out at least): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Good to know!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizargh View Post
    - A [Hidden link. Register to see links.] in the Lossless Soundtrack Thread (v2) is very keen to deliver their own rip up there. Although they are seeking a replacement Nintendo Switch copy from Amazon Japan (It visibly had a rough trip), they've not been asked to return the copy they originally received, so could end up performing their own CD rip of the soundtrack soon and sending it there.
    Yikes! That looks pretty banged up ... I'd hate to get a collector's item in such poor shape, I'd be pretty mad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizargh View Post
    Despite all of this, I still intend to provide my personal EAC CD rip of the soundtrack once it arrives with multiple lossless formats & surplus material courtesy of official sites, [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (I'm not equipped for such a task & the person/people behind these certainly were) & project staff. Although, maybe having additionally gathered the Sonic Mania Adventures concept art, model sheets & images from official/author Twitter accounts or verified sources is overboard, but it just seemed an ideal inclusion (Not to mention the adorably alive artwork is borderline therapeutic, but that may just be me).
    That'd be really nice of you; trust me, you aren't the only one that finds Sonic Mania art to be borderline therapeutic. I used to have the Sonic Mania opening animation as a screensaver on all my computers, lol

    One thing, though -- if you're willing to wait, I've been "cleaning up" the high-res scans from Sonic Retro that you mentioned. If you want, you can include these enhanced versions with your release. To give you an idea, [Hidden link. Register to see links.] is what the reversed cover looks like after processing. I know there's some lines and stains here and there that should be cleaned up, I'll get rid of those, but this is to give you an idea.

  15. #15
    Grand Shriner Bizargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by SonikkuBlur View Post
    One thing, though -- if you're willing to wait, I've been "cleaning up" the high-res scans from Sonic Retro that you mentioned. If you want, you can include these enhanced versions with your release. To give you an idea, [Hidden link. Register to see links.] is what the reversed cover looks like after processing. I know there's some lines and stains here and there that should be cleaned up, I'll get rid of those, but this is to give you an idea.
    I'm sure I'll be adequately busy in the meantime while you prepare your additional offering for the scans, particularly as my PS4 copy arrived right on schedule.

    At this rate, I'm considering preparing a "Sonic Mania Complete Collection"-type topic for linking/providing in-game music along with my CD-rip (I might chuck in those Nintendo Switch in-game track rips as a separate, credited download for those who aren't fond of torrents) so people can find the various offerings via one place.
    Last edited by Bizargh; 08-04-2018 at 09:35 AM.

  16. #16
    Crazy Sonic fan SonikkuBlur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizargh View Post
    I'm sure I'll be adequately busy in the meantime while you prepare your additional offering for the scans, particularly as my PS4 copy arrived right on schedule.

    At this rate, I'm considering preparing a "Sonic Mania Complete Collection"-type topic for linking/providing in-game music along with my CD-rip (I might chuck in those Nintendo Switch in-game track rips as a separate, credited download for those who aren't fond of torrents) so people can find the various offerings via one place.
    That's awesome. I'll be working on cleaning up those scans while you're busy.

  17. #17
    Grand Shriner Bizargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    379
    It paid to wait. This beauty just popped up: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (A peep at Sonic Retro's tried a little clean-up between it & the official Facebook posting: [Hidden link. Register to see links.])

    Nevertheless, I've got Native WAV & FLAC rips with an ALAC [M4A, Apple Lossless] conversion all full with metadata, cherry-picked the Nintendo Switch rips & given them some richer metadata (Along with origin links & credits) and even picked up the Steam version of Sonic Mania & managed to give the game my own 66-file extraction of the music OGG files (The SFX WAV files ought to make a size-efficient bonus too). So it looks like I'm practically an potential alternate-cover edit and a little tidy-up away from being ready to go on my end.

  18. #18
    Crazy Sonic fan SonikkuBlur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizargh View Post
    It paid to wait. This beauty just popped up: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (A peep at Sonic Retro's tried a little clean-up between it & the official Facebook posting: [Hidden link. Register to see links.])

    Nevertheless, I've got Native WAV & FLAC rips with an ALAC [M4A, Apple Lossless] conversion all full with metadata, cherry-picked the Nintendo Switch rips & given them some richer metadata (Along with origin links & credits) and even picked up the Steam version of Sonic Mania & managed to give the game my own 66-file extraction of the music OGG files (The SFX WAV files ought to make a size-efficient bonus too). So it looks like I'm practically an potential alternate-cover edit and a little tidy-up away from being ready to go on my end.
    Now those are just beautiful ... Hehe, now I got a new desktop background.

    Anyway, I have the cleaned up art ready to send to you (the front cover, the reverse of the front cover, the inlay and the inlay inside; the two CD scans stay the same after the cleanup, so I didn't include them) if you wish to include it in your release. How would you like me to send to them you? I could send you a PM with the links.

  19. #19
    Grand Shriner Bizargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by SonikkuBlur View Post
    Now those are just beautiful ... Hehe, now I got a new desktop background.

    Anyway, I have the cleaned up art ready to send to you (the front cover, the reverse of the front cover, the inlay and the inlay inside; the two CD scans stay the same after the cleanup, so I didn't include them) if you wish to include it in your release. How would you like me to send to them you? I could send you a PM with the links.
    If that's your preferred method, than that should do nicely.

  20. #20
    Crazy Sonic fan SonikkuBlur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizargh View Post
    If that's your preferred method, than that should do nicely.
    PM sent.

  21. #21
    Grand Shriner Bizargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    379
    All contents are now up: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •