Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: SPAM, PUP, SCAM on website without Add-Blocker

People, just use NoScript on firefox. There's a site called horoskopishqip(dot)org that needs to be blocked entirely. Use that in addition to adblockers and you should be good.
    I am vengeance... I am the night... I am Batman!

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grack21 View Post
    Adblockers haven't been doing shit for a while now. This stuff is insidious.
    ..use a better one...I encountered NEVER any popups or other unwanted stuff on this forum...

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    Can you folks install/use ad-blockers on whatever device you currently use to browse the forums?

I'm not getting nasty pop-ups, etcetera, but I browse from a PC with ad-blockers installed. Once again, Sarah is seemingly the only one who can try to fix this issue, should still have a Twitter handle, too.
    This stuff BYPASSES that. Bypasses Firefox's catchers (using version 59.0.3 (64-bit), btw), too.

Survived the 『Hunt』 Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LillySatou View Post
    This stuff BYPASSES that. Bypasses Firefox's catchers (using version 59.0.3 (64-bit), btw), too.
    Then explain this to me: how could have I been using Firefox+ad-blockers for years, without getting ANY of this nasty pop-ups/shit while browsing the Shrine? EDIT: I'm on 52.7.4 (32 bit).
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Leon Scott Kennedy; 05-03-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    Strategy guides
    “May the good blood guide your way.”

Grand Shriner
    this stuff pypasses nothing...
    I am using firefox latest version and no-script and get NOTHING...not here or on any other internet site...

I'm a real Nowhere Man from Nowhere Land
    So is nothing going to be done about all the annoying pop ups and other junk going on around here? I can't even access the site from my phone anymore. This has been going on for months now. It's getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by webs01 View Post
    So is nothing going to be done about all the annoying pop ups and other junk going on around here? I can't even access the site from my phone anymore. This has been going on for months now. It's getting ridiculous.
    Who knows. I shared what I know… That Sarah is presumably the only Staff member who can attempt to fix what's going on with the site. I honestly don't know if work is getting done "behind the scenes", or if she's aware of the ongoing issue, even.

In the meantime, protect your device(s) as best as you can and don't attempt to browse the forum from a phone. Yeah, the issue is annoying, but it's not like there aren't workarounds…

For what it's worth:

Like Leon, I'm too using UblockOrigin, but still got a strange behaviour starting today.
    Whenever it happens (randomly), after a page finishes loading up, bang: redirected automatically towards "http: // iyfnzgb . com/?pid=9PO1H9V71&dn=horoskopishqip . org"
    I updated Ublock just in case, but that still happens from time to time, and only on these forums.

I've been getting the same thing since today. For those with uBlockOrigin,

Go into My Filters->copy+paste the following rules/addresses, save changes and see if you still get redirected:

iyfnzgb.com
    horoskopishqip.org
    d1lxhc4jvstzrp.cloudfront.net

On my end the redirects seem to have stopped, for the time being, at least.
    Last edited by Leon Scott Kennedy; 05-16-2018 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Third address added.

@Leon Scott Kennedy

Yeah, I did exactly that after posting, in fact.
    Also seems to have calm down for now.
    I'll add the last one you're proposing though, didn't have any of it yet, so gotta take the lead on this one =]

Grand Shriner
    What is even happening with the forum, a few weeks ago I couldn't even load the main forum without it being overloaded with spam and hijackers, did the admin staff actually give up on the forum or what?

Quote Originally Posted by palladion View Post
    What is even happening with the forum, a few weeks ago I couldn't even load the main forum without it being overloaded with spam and hijackers, did the admin staff actually give up on the forum or what?
    I don't think the seemingly sole administrator who remained active can technically do something about the issues plaguing the community.
    It appears there's also a domain hosting a complete carbon-copy of the forum:

Code:
    http://slayingwave.com/

Grand Shriner
    wow ublock origin fix did the trick!¨thanks LSK

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    I don't think the seemingly sole administrator who remained active can technically do something about the issues plaguing the community.
    It appears there's also a domain hosting a complete carbon-copy of the forum:

Code:
    http://slayingwave.com/
    Wait, so does that mean the current dev has no permission to actually fix it? Or is it that they don't know how to fix it? Either way shouldn't it be time to recruit more people to the head staff who actually know how to manage the forum? Because if left as it is the forum is a good as dead.

Also those copy sites always target sites with heavy traffic, 4chan has two or three sites dedicated to make carbon copies of whatever is being posted to scam people

working on this now

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    working on this now
    Really appreciate it Sarah. Hopefully the popups stop and we don't need to use our ad blockers here.

Seems to be back normal to me. Thank you!

Three-Dimensional Listener 3DMan's Avatar
    About time, it was starting to really tick me off.