Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: music that may NOT be posted for legal reasons. No Varese music and no threads for it

47.95@71.928 tehƧP@ƦKly†ANK™ -Ⅲ¼'s Avatar
    Some links on The Expendables and the lawsuit for expendable torrenters...
    (USA only, so far)
    Code:
    http://www.zeropaid.com/news/93391/uscgs-expendables-case-to-target-23322-bittorrent-users/
    http://torrentfreak.com/23322-expendables-downloaders-accused-in-bittorrents-biggest-lawsuit-110510/
    http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/05/bittorrent-lawsuit-checker/
    Who's to say they'll stop at The Expendables?
    We're going to get you. We're going to get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep.
    Check out my [Hidden link. Register to see links.]!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

POST NO BILLS!

Night Flight Lieutenant dsguardian's Avatar
    Yet another reason why I stay the hell away from movie torrents.

This is being described as a landmark judgement...

BT is the major service provider in the UK. Once movies are taken care of, music will follow...

i am scared shitless when i read about this stuff.

and of all the movies to get busted for....

it wasn't THAT good

Bartender to Iris & Panda burneggroll's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by bishtyboshty View Post
    This is being described as a landmark judgement...
    BT is the major service provider in the UK. Once movies are taken care of, music will follow...
    Thanks for the report. It is a huge decision. But, the actual headline is: BT ordered to block links to Newzbin 2 website.
    In his ruling, Mr Justice Arnold stated: "In my judgment it follows that BT has actual knowledge of other persons using its service to infringe copyright: it knows that the users and operators of Newzbin 2 infringe copyright on a large scale, and in particular infringe the copyrights of the studios in large numbers of their films and television programmes."
    Newsbin2 is the target of a criminal prosecution. The government claims to have a former Newsbin2 employee that will testify the site paid employees to upload infringing material. That is morally, ethically, and criminally different than doing it just for the love of the arts. Newsbin2 has moved it's new site outside of the UK court's jurisdiction.

BT has already raised a number of questions about the ruling, including who will pick up the bill for blocking to be implemented. The court will re-convene in October to decide how the blocking should be done.

More News on Copyright Decisions
    27 July 2011
    Lucas loses Star Wars copyright case at Supreme Court
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] : A prop designer who made the original Stormtrooper helmets for Star Wars has won his battle with director George Lucas over his right to sell replicas.

My view of what happened: The case began with a US court ruling that the costume sales were infringing and US sales were stopped. When it turned out that Andrew Ainsworth had no US assets, the case moved to the UK. The UK court has ruled the copyright protection for movie props (15 years) had expired and Ainsworth is entitled to sell his replicas.

Another fine example of "legal & illegal... at the same time."

All posts are for public interest purposes only. Commercial re-use is not authorized.

My Favorite Audios Checklist

With regards to the "prohibited publishers list" - does that mean that you can't upload/link to any score for a film which those publishers have released (for example the Die Hard Complete Score bootleg)?

Or is it just the "prohibited publisher"'s release (e.g. the Varese Club Die Hard score) that you're prevented from linking to?

I assume the Die Hard Complete Score Bootleg has music that was released on the Varese release, so you can't post that. Well, you could if you removed the music that's also on the Varese release.

Ah yes, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the clarification.

Grand Shriner
    edit: No AIRWOLF THEMES
    ouch ^^

I've asked nicely (twice) by email for all Commodore 64 music albums to be removed and been ignored, apparently. Your stated excuse for publishing much of this stuff is that it's too expensive, or not readily available.

Well, we're the record label for most of the Commodore 64 music CDs on the site, and I'm the artist too for some of them) and publisher for much of the music.

We've got a record label @ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] that's fairly priced and generous, the tracks is available on most MP3 shops, we've bent over backwards to make that accessible to all, and there are free C64 tracks to download at [Hidden link. Register to see links.], and a radio station @ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] that are published with our blessing.

I'm not going to editorialise about this: I'm just going to request - again - that you remove links all albums which feature music which shouldn't be here (labels: C64Audio.com, Press Play on Tape, Prevue Productions):

"Back in Time"
    "Back in Time 2"
    "Back in Time 3"
    "Karma 64"
    "Nexus 6581"
    "Nexus 6581 II"
    "It's Binary Baby"
    "Run/Stop Restore"
    "Loading, Ready, Run"
    "Remix 64"
    "Remix 64 - Into Eternity"
    "Remix 64 - Syntax Era"
    "Rakbit"
    "Immortal 2"
    "Immortal 3"
    "Immortal 4"

Chris Abbott
    C64Audio.com

Looking for Film music scores OSTpianist's Avatar
    thank you

Onion Kid
    So, the server today wasn't reachable not for a simple technical reason ? :/

Quote Originally Posted by tko45 View Post
    Never heard of a legal entity called tko45... lol.

The procedure is clear. If you are genuine, which I sincerely doubt, you must contact the admins.

This is just the action of a troll.

The latest link in the thread is STILL active by the way.

Banned
    ok sara

Are Jeff Beal's "Carnivàle" unreleased scores (additional season 1 + season 2) is allowed over here? Have they already been posted? If not, I can share them.

Soul Brother #2
    Is FSM stuff still prohibited? Didn't they go under?
    If music be the food of love... Then Play On

Banned
    They are closing shop asa label, yes. But I think their stuff is still banned. It is an interesting question though. My understanding is that Lucas will be working on other projects, so I actually can see him causing more trouble in the future. As in anything he works on being banned....

Soul Brother #2
    Damn, was gonna make a mega Supes thread, oh well...

"grand n00b shrinerist"
    I've heard one or two out there in the different threads say "Remove that! It's Varese". The link goes to nothing else than a complete version of the music from the same film that Varese has made a release of. Let me give you my take on this:

These are the scores disqualified because Varese has released the music in some form (not necessarily what is uploaded here)

All Alien scores and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (since Varese has released a DVD called Alien: A Biomechanical Symphony, which presents music from all four original Alien films and also Brian Tyler’s Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem)

All Conan Scores (even the newly released Prometheus complete scores since Varese released both Conan the Barbarian and the Destroyer before that)

Any versions of The Matrix

The 25 track version of Escape from New York since Varese released a 13 track version of it earlier

The Silva Screen 14 track version of The Fog since Varese released an 8 track version of it earlier

All previous versions of Bernard Herrmann's North by Northwest since Varese released their version of that as well

The Perseverance 16 track version of Red Sonja by Morricone since Varese released a 2 track version of it long ago

John Barry's Somewhere in Time since Varese did a re-recording of that

And... following that reasoning, a lot of what is linked to here should be removed because it has a remote connection to Varese.

I sincerely hope that you people out there can understand irony what i'm getting at is that, sure, i can understand and accept that we are not allowed to post links to Varese releases. But, if i rip an isolated score, that score has nothing to do with Varese. It's my rip, not a Varese release. And this goes for a lot of what is linked to in this forum as well. Sure, they have the music from the same film that Varese released music to, but it's not a Varese release.

To keep it short, not much here is legal then, is it? and the conclusion: i will not remove any of my links because i do not link to Varese stuff.

Open for discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    They are closing shop asa label, yes. But I think their stuff is still banned. It is an interesting question though. My understanding is that Lucas will be working on other projects, so I actually can see him causing more trouble in the future. As in anything he works on being banned....
    Well in that case a lot of La La Land and Intrada stuff would be banned as well because he has production credits on a lot of those now. I think the individual labels would have to make their own requests though to get it banned.
    Loveliness, Elegance, and Nobility Compilations
    Angela Aki Discography
    Kokia discography
    Sun Yanzi Discography
    Toshihiko Sahashi Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidoran View Post
    I've heard one or two out there in the different threads say "Remove that! It's Varese". The link goes to nothing else than a complete version of the music from the same film that Varese has made a release of. Let me give you my take on this:

These are the scores disqualified because Varese has released the music in some form (not necessarily what is uploaded here)

All Alien scores and Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (since Varese has released a DVD called Alien: A Biomechanical Symphony, which presents music from all four original Alien films and also Brian Tyler’s Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem)

All Conan Scores (even the newly released Prometheus complete scores since Varese released both Conan the Barbarian and the Destroyer before that)

Any versions of The Matrix

The 25 track version of Escape from New York since Varese released a 13 track version of it earlier

The Silva Screen 14 track version of The Fog since Varese released an 8 track version of it earlier

All previous versions of Bernard Herrmann's North by Northwest since Varese released their version of that as well

The Perseverance 16 track version of Red Sonja by Morricone since Varese released a 2 track version of it long ago

John Barry's Somewhere in Time since Varese did a re-recording of that

And... following that reasoning, a lot of what is linked to here should be removed because it has a remote connection to Varese.

I sincerely hope that you people out there can understand irony what i'm getting at is that, sure, i can understand and accept that we are not allowed to post links to Varese releases. But, if i rip an isolated score, that score has nothing to do with Varese. It's my rip, not a Varese release. And this goes for a lot of what is linked to in this forum as well. Sure, they have the music from the same film that Varese released music to, but it's not a Varese release.

To keep it short, not much here is legal then, is it? and the conclusion: i will not remove any of my links because i do not link to Varese stuff.

Open for discussion...
    No discussion needed. Sanico ( a mod), has said very, very clearly that if Varese releases a score, and no label releases after that, then NO part of that score can be posted. No dvd rips, no promos, no iso scores, nothing. That is how the mods have put it, for the time being. Of course, you can put stuff up. But if someone reports it to the mods, it MAY get taken down. Depending on their take on it.

I guess bottom line is that you don't get to discuss whether or not you wanna follow the rules. They is what they is.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sirusjr View Post
    Well in that case a lot of La La Land and Intrada stuff would be banned as well because he has production credits on a lot of those now. I think the individual labels would have to make their own requests though to get it banned.
    Agreed. Just curious about what may happen. If FSM as a company is gone, does the ban still hold?

Shriner
    Just to clarify, does this include soundtracks by smaller, unknown or boutique labels that may be distributed by major labels or distributors? Does this include soundtracks released by major labels or distributors overseas but smaller or unknown labels stateside?

I have a Question Plz answer me...!!!

I have a Nice Jerry and its at "Silver Age Classic" but on the Back Cover is "Twentieth Century Fox" Can I Post it "open" or I had to put "P.M ME" ( I start to be lost with all those companies )
    Thank in Advance !!!

"grand n00b shrinerist"
    Sounds like it's an FSM (Film Score Monthly) release and a no-no

Here's a list of all their releases: