Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: music that may NOT be posted for legal reasons. No Varese music and no threads for it

I doubt a real representation of a studio located in the USA would have so many spelling errors in one single posting.

And yes, I am really suspicious of this posting. Especially because the eMail this account has in its location (lakeshore@usa.com) isn't the same as Lakeshore's actual eMail-adresses.

Of course it's Eddavi. Who else abuses the copy and paste function like that? ^_^
    I don't have a sig anymore.

Grand Shriner
    Well it doesn't matter anyway. Eddavi killed the Lossless Thread and I would not be surprised if this thread goes too. Well it was fun for the short time it lasted for me. The only thing left to say is

FUCK YOU EDDAVI

Quote Originally Posted by thejoyrider View Post
    who cares about superstars. this is soundtracks movies and games. superstars get paid for from the radio stations, live gigs, music tv royalties, tv promos - live and now through rock band and guitar hero.

i already explained how soundtrack composers already get paid. i fail to see how "it's damaging" when in reality they get a monthly wage like everyone else gets to pay the rent and put food on the table.

the real issue is the used and rental games market which takes away every royalty due from the developer and publisher.
    Actually not true. I know a working Hollywood composer and he tells me he gets paid for the sessions and that is it. He makes royalties on the soundtrack sales as well as publishing. The musicians get a piece too.

It's very different from pop music and these guys aren't rich so why not support the music you love with a purchase?

Shriner
    I'm a composer. We make no money from soundtrack sales unless we're creating the discs and selling them ourselves.

The only paychecks you get are from the sessions and scoring, and any published sheet music (i.e. piano arrangement books or concert works). Royalties from soundtracks are very very rare (ask James Horner how much money he makes from soundtracks. It's next to nothing) and when you do receive royalties it's worth less than a meal at McDonald's.

As a composer I support the piracy of my music and any other composer's music. We want our music to be heard. Many other composers feel the same way. They're often involved in soundtrack trading and are willing to give out promos for scores that were never released. It would be great if soundtracks were also a means of making money for us, but they aren't.

As for Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Alan Silvestri and the like, they really don't need the nickel they would get from you buying their soundtracks. So in short (too late, I know) downloading the soundtracks are hurting no one except the companies, don't try to say it's the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharma View Post
    I'm a composer. We make no money from soundtrack sales unless we're creating the discs and selling them ourselves.

The only paychecks you get are from the sessions and scoring, and any published sheet music (i.e. piano arrangement books or concert works). Royalties from soundtracks are very very rare (ask James Horner how much money he makes from soundtracks. It's next to nothing) and when you do receive royalties it's worth less than a meal at McDonald's.

As a composer I support the piracy of my music and any other composer's music. We want our music to be heard. Many other composers feel the same way. They're often involved in soundtrack trading and are willing to give out promos for scores that were never released. It would be great if soundtracks were also a means of making money for us, but they aren't.

As for Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Alan Silvestri and the like, they really don't need the nickel they would get from you buying their soundtracks. So in short (too late, I know) downloading the soundtracks are hurting no one except the companies, don't try to say it's the other way around.

Sounds like the exemple of Joel Golsdmith who does not own the rights on his Call of Duty 3 music but Activision...
    Industry (companies) against Culture (artists)...
    http://img1.imagilive.com/0909/le_camon_sign_.jpg

That's bull but you have a right to your opinion.

Hello, first I want to apologies me for my English. I speak Spanish and I understand English although Im not very good writing it, and I want to write this as I feel it.
    Like many members, I discover this place by accident, I was looking for pictures of Rambo and then I found the link for an expanded score for Speed Racer (that flv file). It was great because I love scores and, again, like many members here I felt like a weird people for being fan of film scores before finding this place. And I wanted the rare unavailable stuff. I buy official CDs since I was very young, but now I live in my country, Bolivia, one of the farthest places in the galaxy and piracy is everywhere. You can buy movies for less than 1 dollar. But recompressed movies because they use 4gb disc only. And in some cases you can have three movies in one disc, like the Back to the Future movies in just one DVD, and you could imagine the quality. When the DVD format came out, I was one of the first geeks who purchased the expensive player and buy original Region 1 DVDs. Then they take out Spanish language and subtitles because of R4 DVDs, but there wasnt studios or companies to distribute region 4 DVDs here, so what can I do. Id buy another expensive DVD player for R4 movies but the only way to buy movies was using the help of importers who would charge you with 10+ US dollars from the original retail price. So I have to pay 40 -50 Us Dollar for a movie or 30 for a CD. And Id do, because when I want something, I want it with the best quality. For example, I collected every original Star Wars CD available, even the not so different 8 disc release of 2007. But in this country you dont get a 1000 US salary, a lot of people only receive a little more than 100 US, so who would buy an official movie or CD spending almost half of their incomes.
    The piracy is common even for the richer people. Even if you want to go to a theater to see a movie, almost every movie last one week only because you can have it for 5 $ on DVD. The prices for movie tickets are 20-25 $ so you may spend 100$ if you go with your family and that doesnt include additional expenses. So, 100+ $ vs 5$, you can imagine whats the common choice. So, those importers who brought original DVD and CDs are almost extinct. Im lucky enough to have a friend who can bring me some of that stuff (not everything) every once in a while. But for everybody Im the stupid who still purchase original products. I remember very well when they laughed at me for buying the original soundtrack for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Cristal Skull. And the same when I buy movies. I have to wait a month to receive my movie, while everybody has seen it 10 times for less than 1 dollar.
    Now, soundtrack arent the most common thing to hear on the radio, so the only way for me to hear this stuff is to download it and then decide to buy it, but I really need to be convinced because of the big price that Ill must pay. So when I found this place I was interested for the impossible things like promos, limited releases and out of prints. I downloaded some new scores, because perhaps I would never see the movie in theaters. You know, waiting one moth to get the soundtrack, I want to hear it before the movie is released because I want to be more excited about that.
    But, like I say, I cant buy every soundtrack because its impossible here. Im against piracy, but most of all against people doing profit with piracy. Nobody seems to do anything here and I prefer to download things from sharing places than pay money to somebody who doesnt deserve it. My wish is to have labels doing something against this kind of piracy, because perhaps I could buy the original stuff here at reasonable prices. But now its almost impossible to know what is out there. Limited releases are impossible for me, because of restrictions or that kind of things, so I just can buy mainstream things. And without the possibility to hear the work of less known composers like the one from Sector 9 (movie wasnt released here yet) and with the high prices to spend, Im almost obligated to chose the sure things like John Williams or Danny Elfman. So now I am very confused about this situation. It is like I am forced to buy piracy, and I hate that. The other choice is to move to another country but I dont think thats a solution, I love my country. Well, thank for all the wonderful stuff, and everybody who shared special material with everybody. Thank you, I hope everything calms down soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoresofscores View Post
    That's bull but you have a right to your opinion.
    If that were bull, then why is Joel Douek posting all of the unreleased Yu-Gi-Oh! cues on his website? If that's bull, why has LucasFilm not stopped us editing together and distributing (without charge) completed scores? In the case of the latter it's because we're not making money and it's seen as a fan work (mainly for Star Wars, mind). No, composers make little, if any, money from the CD releases of their scores - they all get paid for scoring a film/game/TV show, what happens to the music after that is up to the studios.
    Sessions wishlist:

-Zootopia
    -Rogue One
    -Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    -Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by restlessgypsy View Post
    @Sarah

About Varese albums:
    Does that include OOP releases?

Like, for instance, "Frankie Starlight", "Shocker", "Lure Of Wilderness", "The Stoning Of Soraya M.", "Rookie Of The Year", "Last Man Standing" (rejected), "Enemy Mine" ....?
    I'd like to know that too. but I fear they plan to squash us like bugs because we are troublemakers in their nice games of selling limited editions of their scores at 100$ the CD...

Quote Originally Posted by docrate1 View Post
    I'd like to know that too. but I fear they plan to squash us like bugs because we are troublemakers in their nice games of selling limited editions of their scores at 100$ the CD...
    I think i've never seen VS selling CD's from their catalog at 100$ even for limited editions. At that price i only found at eBay or other online auction markets, which a label has nothing to do with it.

its possible he was a troll for the riaa or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ggctuk2005 View Post
    If that were bull, then why is Joel Douek posting all of the unreleased Yu-Gi-Oh! cues on his website? If that's bull, why has LucasFilm not stopped us editing together and distributing (without charge) completed scores? In the case of the latter it's because we're not making money and it's seen as a fan work (mainly for Star Wars, mind). No, composers make little, if any, money from the CD releases of their scores - they all get paid for scoring a film/game/TV show, what happens to the music after that is up to the studios.
    Amen to that!!

user "Scoresofscores" try to looks like a composer or producers or anything else, but actualy near to all he have said are total bullshit, don't waste your time to reply to him, and who knows, it's maybe Eddavi himself...

Ohh... I'm sure he'd be able to tell us the name of his good composer friend.

edited.

Royalties from soundtracks are very very rare (ask James Horner how much money he makes from soundtracks. It's next to nothing) and when you do receive royalties it's worth less than a meal at McDonald's.
    dude, you're an idiot! James Horner's salary for Titanic: $800,000 plus $1.2 per CD sold... It sold 30million copies, do the math dumbass!

What he meant is sales from soundtracks. Composers get paid to do the scoring and then that's it. They get paid if they edit the albums the music goes onto. Aside from that, all proceeds go to the record label.

that's my point. I know how the industry works. Horner made $36million off of cd sales!

can anyone help me find armored core ost im really itchin for it and im havin real trouble finding it aaaa

armored core 4 ost i mean sorry

Grand Shriner
    I follow one and only one CODE of ETHICS when sampling music through the net.

1.If you like it you buy it.
    2a.If the number of tracks is 1/2 or close to a whole cd I am bound to buy it.
    2b.If the number of tracks is below the total songs on the cd I will not purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by guyverdude View Post
    armored core 4 ost i mean sorry
    This isn't a request thread.

So, eddavi wasn't bluffing about taddling in that now we can no longer post RIAA soundtracks, which means practically 75% of what's on here can no longer be on here.

Most of the RIAA stuff listed on the first post refers to major US record label releases of pop, rock, hip hop, metal, etc. If your interpretation of the RIAA ban were true then there would be no point in having a separate ban on Varese because Varese is considered part of the RIAA. Thus why you see pop from Japan posted here but not pop from US or Europe.
    Loveliness, Elegance, and Nobility Compilations
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Angela Aki Discography
    Kokia discography
    Sun Yanzi Discography
    Toshihiko Sahashi Thread

Ah, so do you think I'd be okay with things like the film soundtracks?

Well the Film Score VGM Hunt thread still contains many recent film score releases that were not from varese and no mod has told people this is not allowed.