Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: music that may NOT be posted for legal reasons. No Varese music and no threads for it

^Sounds about right with me.
    #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gold View Post
    As I Said....
    Simply reiterating! Expounding if you will, including ideas put forth in posts that followed yours! I'm here for the discussion, man!

Neg
    Quote Originally Posted by roflrick View Post
    Simply reiterating! Expounding if you will, including ideas put forth in posts that followed yours! I'm here for the discussion, man!
    Aye, I Hear Ya Man!

Quote Originally Posted by DAKoftheOTA View Post
    True. And I can't recall the last good Varese release off the top of my head (maybe The Final Girls), but I think this will put a dent in the forum.

I agree with this completely. I think Braveheart was posted twice (on the same day) within days of it being released. I think there should be *some* kind of ban on LLL and Intrada releases. Like maybe not being able to post them until it's been a solid month after release or something.
    I would absolutely be fine with this.

And then there are all those pesky sessions ripe for editing…Demolition Man, being just one example. Alas, poor Yorick!
    Covers: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] · [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Ouch. I wonder what the major release was that pushed us over the cliff.

+1 on holding off on LLL/I releases when they're first released.

Survived the 『Hunt』, but not the Lady. Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Holding out on posting wouldn't do as much good as you think, folks. Why? Because last time I checked this place was still well-indexed among the likes of Google, that translates into someone searching Intrada, OST download and the Shrine being among the first results listed. At the end of the day, they'll come knocking and it won't mean shit to them that you waited weeks/months to post something. Enjoy what you have left, while it lasts.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | N: “He was having his favourite dish.”
    “May the good blood guide your way.”

Bella Notte Lover PonyoBellanote's Avatar
    I knew someone would call it's the doom of the Shrine, lol
    Wishlist:
    - Alpha and Omega RS or CS (Chris Bacon)
    - Dragonheart RS or CS (Randy Edelman)
    - Star Fox Assault RS or CS (Yoshie Arakawa and Yoshinori Kawamoto)
    - Snow Buddies RS or CS (Brahm Wenger)
    - Zootopia RS or CS (Michael Giacchino)

RS = Recording Sessions
    CS = Complete Score

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    Holding out on posting wouldn't do as much good as you think, folks. Why? Because last time I checked this place was still well-indexed among the likes of Google, that translates into someone searching Intrada, OST download and the Shrine being among the first results listed. At the end of the day, they'll come knocking and it won't mean shit to them that you waited weeks/months to post something. Enjoy what you have left, while it lasts.
    We'll burn out bright at least.

The brightest candles burn the fastest~
    -someone who said it

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

It was from Blade Runner...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrell
    The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly, Roy.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    Right.

If a site like this can turn up on a Google search, the time until our demise, shortens.

Quote Originally Posted by roflrick View Post
    We'll burn out bright at least.
    Amen!

Oh my dear, if I had a dollar for everytime the Shrine was told that it'd succumb and die.

I'd buy a couple of CDs.

Neg
    ^ That Would Be A First LOL... Jokes.

But in All Seriousness This Is A Start.. One Label Then Another, Then People Leave... Ect...

The name of this thread amazes me.

Pretty sure no music should be posted due to legal reasons. Lol.

^ That Would Be A First LOL... Jokes.

But in All Seriousness This Is A Start.. One Label Then Another, Then People Leave... Ect...
    Do I have to show my physical collection?

Yeah, you thought people were leaving too when shit happened a month ago. No one left, and we're the same as always.

This may make less shares on the forum, but that's all.

Neg
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
    The name of this thread amazes me.

Pretty sure no music should be posted due to legal reasons. Lol.

If the Shrine dies, we just get no free music. Or at least not as much as we do here. We're too spoiled, I believe.. Hey, I'd be one of the people who'd hate it the most since I have no other place to get as much music as here.

But our lives move on. It wouldn't be the end of the world. Other than Sarah who would probably go to jail or get no more money from the place. :P Us? We'd just have one more reason to be bored.

In truth, I took the phrase from a Switchfoot song titled "Burn Out Bright".

If we've only got one try
    If we've only got one life
    If time was never on our side
    Then before I die
    I want to burn out bright

However, this place being what it is, Blade Runner is far more appropriate...

+1

Varese, Intrada, La la land etc, are top companies and release great scores. They are top motivations for someone to participate in this forum.
    There always are other solutions than banning them. I don't remember seen elsewhere any company ban, at any movies or music prominent forum or tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonemaster15 View Post
    If a site like this can turn up on a Google search, the time until our demise, shortens.
    +1.

Absolutely. If we want security, this has to stop. Like many forums and trackers that are invite only too.
    Any site appearing in google is a target.
    I am not in favor of closed sites, but we can't have everything in life. If more security is needed, then we will accept the consequences.
    Besides, all notable downloading sites I know are invite only. Some of them for hype, some other for security.
    And none of them has ever banned a company.
    Banning one company will lead to banning more companies, and this is going to be the end of filesharing.

Quote Originally Posted by soundtrekker View Post

That's EXACTLY why we should be more patient with new releases. Give the labels time to sell their limited releases, wait several weeks or a few months, and THEN share them. That's a win-win scenario for the labels and for people who wouldn't buy the scores and, at the same time, have the patience to wait for them to appear here. (At least, that's the theory... mostly, that won't happen.)

I agree with this completely. I think Braveheart was posted twice (on the same day) within days of it being released. I think there should be *some* kind of ban on LLL and Intrada releases. Like maybe not being able to post them until it's been a solid month after release or something.
    postponing a share wont help sales that much, because the releases will just show up on other sites and spread from there.

True. And I can't recall the last good Varese release off the top of my head (maybe The Final Girls), but I think this will put a dent in the forum.
    what about the nightmare on elm street box set, predator 2, back to the future 3, chain reaction dlx?

to this day it made me wonder why la-la land, intrada, quartet and other labels haven't come here and say "this has to stop". but maybe they know it wont fix the problem sharing.
    i also doubt that many would be the releases if they aren't shared. most folks here simply don't bother with buying anything at all. the current full ban of varese release may not be a problem due to low sales.
    i think the problem could be more of shares from cutting edge. at one time releases from there where dropped like candy and that wasn't a good thing. but that's just a guess. jessie may know about the varese ban and can put some light on it.
    How to properly rip a CD on MAC OS X:

How to properly rip a CD on Windows:
    EAC [Hidden link. Register to see links.] -> [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I think the soundtracks sell good enough, but they think we are stealing possible numbers/sales from them nonetheless.

Official Shrine Grinch TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar

The rules are the rules, stop trying to analyze them.

Survived the 『Hunt』, but not the Lady. Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkesipeplos View Post
    +1

Varese, Intrada, La la land etc, are top companies and release great scores. They are top motivations for someone to participate in this forum.
    There always are other solutions than banning them. I don't remember seen elsewhere any company ban, at any movies or music prominent forum or tracker.

+1.

Absolutely. If we want security, this has to stop. Like many forums and trackers that are invite only too.
    Any site appearing in google is a target.
    I am not in favor of closed sites, but we can't have everything in life. If more security is needed, then we will accept the consequences.
    Besides, all notable downloading sites I know are invite only. Some of them for hype, some other for security.
    And none of them has ever banned a company.
    Banning one company will lead to banning more companies, and this is going to be the end of filesharing.
    It is my understanding that the Shrine will never go invite-only: a huge deal of this place's success comes from the fact anyone could easily join and share, if he/she wishes so.

Companies/works from certain composers get banned because, basically, this place would otherwise seriously risk legal troubles. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want the whole place risking to get shutdown just because nowhere else a label gets banned; in case you don't know, the Shrine has been… Err… Infamously famous for years. It is known to be a cove of pirates. Of course other places don't get as much of this crap, they aren't that famous.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by soundtrekker View Post
    That's too bad. On the other hand, the most interesting releases these days are done by LaLaLand and Intrada anyway, so I personally can live with a complete Varese ban.
    Until those labels are banned too of course.

Banned
    so how me share new varese release !? THIS DJAWADI ! PAIN!!!! ((((()))))))(((()()()