Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Bella Notte Lover PonyoBellanote's Avatar

Nintendo Switch

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I expected dissapointement. I expected Nintendo to just pull out a shitty Treehouse sketch and just anounce an announcemen date. but.. no, they revealed the thing. And.. it's looking.. pretty nifty! I'm gonna try to not build up my hype to unrealistic amounts, and I'm gonna try to remain a bit skeptical, but so far.. thing's looking pretty good. I could.. finally leave all my hard-earned shekels in one Nintendo console and possibly have all the big multiplat games I'm missing in PS4 and Xbox ONE! I better start prostituing myself to get the possible 400 euros this thing is gonna coast. I mean.. look at all the developers that have signed on to develop for the thing.. INCLUDING Bethesda and FromSoftware.

Spoiler!

Let's not forget my friends; what we saw in this video is Skyrim, NBA games.. a new Mario game. Possibly ports or sequels of Splatoon and Mario Kart.. but Skyrim. SKYRIM. If Skyrim gets in a Nintendo console.. anything else could! Imagine Dark Souls.. Fallout 4.. ROckstar.. all of the other BIG multiplat titles that you missed for only having a Nintendo console.. could appear now in this!
    Wishlist:
    - Alpha and Omega RS or CS (Chris Bacon)
    - Dragonheart RS or CS (Randy Edelman)
    - Star Fox Assault RS or CS (Yoshie Arakawa and Yoshinori Kawamoto)
    - Snow Buddies RS or CS (Brahm Wenger)
    - Zootopia RS or CS (Michael Giacchino)

RS = Recording Sessions
    CS = Complete Score

Official Shrine Grinch TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
    It looks good? I guess?
    I don't play video games anymore. All I know is that the Wii U version of Zelda had better be equal to or maybe even better than the NX version. Like TP for GameCube. God that was a great console.

I'm assuming the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild will be the same. It's just you'll get a better perfomance in the NX, and portability. The graphics.. will be much the same, with minor differences.

I thought it funny how all these hip, trendy people were using the NX when the real demographic is basemen-dwelling geek virgins.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PonyoBellanote View Post
    I'm assuming the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild will be the same. It's just you'll get a better perfomance in the NX, and portability. The graphics.. will be much the same, with minor differences.
    Yeah that's the way it was for Twilight Princess. Ask anyone and they'll tell you the GCN version > Wii version

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
    I thought it funny how all these hip, trendy people were using the NX when the real demographic is basemen-dwelling geek virgins.
    I guess I'm a basement-dwelling geek virgin.. but I already knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
    Yeah that's the way it was for Twilight Princess. Ask anyone and they'll tell you the GCN version > Wii version
    As far as I know there was very little difference between those versions, other than the mirror, really. Graphical and even definition, the same.

Speaking of Zelda, it pisses me off that this is an NX launch title.
    Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD were both supposed to tide us over for Breath of the Wild.
    Incessant delays amidst promises from Aonuma that the game WOULD be released on the Wii U.
    Now I feel like the only reason it's coming out for that console is so that they keep to their word.

Pretty much so, yes.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Looks... interesting.

I'm going to wait for more info though.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

Totally not buying the koolaid hype.

It's Nintendo saying goodbye to console competition. PS4.5 and Scorpio is where the AAA games are going to be. This is a more powerful NDS that you can connect to your TV. Which is fine, I'm not a console or PC master race hardcore gamer. But definitely gonna wait for specs and game lineup.

Nintendo is just doing bussiness wise. They know they can't be a contender on home consoles anymore so they retreat to the market they dominate, the handheld. There will be your usual Marios, Karts, Zeldas, etc. and third party games that will be exclusive for the console and take advantage of it. And again, it's fine. But it's a totally different game from what Sony and Microsoft will be doing now.
    [Insert a poignant, intelligent signature here.]

You're wrong about it, and you'll see when it comes out. It's basically the most powerful handheld, to near PS4-Xbox One powers, in a handheld which is an impressive feat enough, and it'll reach TV so it'll serve as both a console and handheld. I don't know why the negativity

You're wrong about it, and you'll see when it comes out. It's basically the most powerful handheld, to near PS4-Xbox One powers, in a handheld which is an impressive feat enough, and it'll reach TV so it'll serve as both a console and handheld. I don't know why the negativity

Let's see how fast third Party Developers will jump Ship this Time.

Not sure that's gonna happen

Don't know why they didn't push it a bit and released it for Christmas,
    would have given it a good Start, they don't need to be afraid of the Competition,
    the Pitch is strong enough.

Game Cards i like, let's see how good they can handle digital backwards Compatibility...
    Don't make People buy the same Game for the third Time...

Switch Controllers seem a bit gimmicky, but good for local Coop.

Let's see if they were able to secure strong new exclusive IPs.

And for God's Sake, give the People a new proper Metroid Game.

I am hoping i'll get a new Rayman Game outta this.

They're releasing it in March because they feel it won't be ready for Christmas. Better that than to hurry up a console to not perfect it and make it another Wii U with problems.

I actually wish for a new Rayman Game too.

It's not negativity, it's being realistic. Nintendo knows it's strenght and it is handhelds. The Tegra chip is good, but comparing it to the bells and whistles than the PS4 and Xbox One updates are going to bring is pointless. And again, I'm not on the "I love MS or Sony" side. I could care less who "wins". Just pointing out that people are reacting like the second coming of Jesus and this is hardly anything more than a (very robust, I concede) NDS that connects to the TV.

Aha, but you're forgetting it's a CUSTOM Tegra chip more powerful than the other existing ones.. it's a new whle thing developed for scratch.

Do you people even bother to read?

"With great graphics, loads of game titles and incredible performance"

But creating a device so fun required some serious engineering. The development encompassed 500 man-years of effort across every facet of creating a new gaming platform: algorithms, computer architecture, system design, system software, APIs, game engines and peripherals. They all had to be rethought and redesigned for Nintendo to deliver the best experience for gamers, whether they’re in the living room or on the move.

Nintendo Switch is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards.

The Nintendo Switch’s gaming experience is also supported by fully custom software, including a revamped physics engine, new libraries, advanced game tools and libraries. NVIDIA additionally created new gaming APIs to fully harness this performance. The newest API, NVN, was built specifically to bring lightweight, fast gaming to the masses.

Do you people even bother to read?
    Apparently you don't either. No specs, no real data. Only air. I've done my research on the chip, long before the Switch announcement when everything was rumors. It's a fine piece of hardware, but it is not a powerhouse on it's own and I really doubt Nintendo is dumb enough to invest their bet on "graphics". Remember, it's not only the chip that sustains the machine, so there has to be a lot under the hood that we don't know yet, and I doubt they're gonna go the pricey route. They know their game is making an affordable, nice looking machine that plays their games.

Quote Originally Posted by AFMG View Post
    Apparently you don't either. No specs, no real data. Only air. I've done my research on the chip, long before the Switch announcement when everything was rumors. It's a fine piece of hardware, but it is not a powerhouse on it's own and I really doubt Nintendo is dumb enough to invest their bet on "graphics". Remember, it's not only the chip that sustains the machine, so there has to be a lot under the hood that we don't know yet, and I doubt they're gonna go the pricey route. They know their game is making an affordable, nice looking machine that plays their games.
    What I quoted literally says it's not just a copypaste of the Tegra chip, that it's custom made specifically for Tegra, that it's powerful, but okay, just you wait til it's released

What I quoted literally says it's not just a copypaste of the Tegra chip, that it's custom made specifically for Tegra, that it's powerful, but okay, just you wait til it's released
    A custom tegra is still a tegra. If it was another thing, it would be named so. Sure, optimized and everything. But still a tegra. As you said, we will see.

Yellow Diamond's Pearl HunterTech's Avatar
    Question: If a Tegra is supposed to be primarily a mobile thing, how the fuck does it run Skyrim and all that?

Just because it can run Skyrim doesn't mean anything else than that it is as powerful as a five year old middle Class PC...

Marketing Mumbo Jumbo doesn't mean diddly Squat.

It's pointless to bash each other's Heads in about what might or might not be,
    wait until Nintendo releases some Facts regarding it's Hardware before doing that.

Yellow Diamond's Pearl HunterTech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRay View Post
    Just because it can run Skyrim doesn't mean anything else than that it is as powerful as a five year old middle Class PC...
    It's supposed to be the remaster, which only current consoles can run.

Still, you do have a point.

Everything is presumption at this point. We for sure don't know what it can do or can't, just talking by the few facts we base our assumptions. I saw people saying that Zelda sttutered on the commercial when going portable. It's a fallacy, for all we know it's just a mockup. We will know more the moment we see line up, specs and hands on review.

And yes, I'm aware I'm part of the game and discussion. That doesn't mean I can't understand the concepts.

It is just a mockup. Anything you saw on those screens was added in post-production.

Nintendo will reveal more full details about the Switch, specs, release day, games, etc, in January 12th, 2017.