Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Time Travelling Noibat
    I'm really looking forward to the Nintendo Switch.

It seems like a great idea, but the only thing I'm kinda skeptical about is the Joycon. They seem like they make take a little while to get used to (assuming they are as small as they look) but in anycase, overall, the console will be amazing to play on.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    if you played wii, youll get used to the controls very quickly.
    even though i prefered to play with my controller pro more, but i had no problem playing wiimote exclusive games
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    many of my posts are paid for by the department of redundancy deparment's payment
    as of recently and for the rest of winter, expect many typos. my hands are freezing during the night
    #gamefaqssupportswomenbeaters

Official Shrine Grinch TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
    Yeah, people bitch about how hard it was to play Donkey Kong Country 4 with shaking the Wiimote, but I never had a single problem with it. I guess those people just really missed buttons.

Well, apparently Target leaked Zelda is releasing june 13th, 2017... So check your source to confirm who's right.
    [Insert a poignant, intelligent signature here.]

That date has been up on Target for a few months I think.

Reports say that the console will cost a comparatively low ~$250.
    Personally I'm still not interested, but Nintendo seems pretty desperate for good console sales after the disastrous Wii U.

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    I just hope it's not as under powered as some reports are saying...

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shriner
    It seems like every Nintendo console is underpowered. I never understood why they didn't just try and break the mold, create some ultra-powerful 4K beast. Just to see what would happen.

Bella Notte Lover PonyoBellanote's Avatar
    The "power" argument is really tiring. Nintendo just does their own thing and that's what makes them Nintendo. It's not underpowered. Just close to PS4 and Xbox One instead of topping them but that doens't mean at all that the games will be shit on it? It's pretty much a handheld with console graphics, and possibility to put on a TV. The fact that they're selling all this power for 250 is pretty nice.
    Wishlist:
    - Alpha and Omega RS or CS (Chris Bacon)
    - Dragonheart RS or CS (Randy Edelman)
    - Star Fox Assault RS or CS (Yoshie Arakawa and Yoshinori Kawamoto)
    - Snow Buddies RS or CS (Brahm Wenger)
    - Zootopia RS or CS (Michael Giacchino)

RS = Recording Sessions
    CS = Complete Score

Quote Originally Posted by jonathank View Post
    It seems like every Nintendo console is underpowered. I never understood why they didn't just try and break the mold, create some ultra-powerful 4K beast. Just to see what would happen.
    Nintendo usually isn't in the business of producing games whose pull is cutting-edge graphics. What's the point of cramming in expensive, top-of-the-line hardware if their games will never make extensive use of it?

In fact, the power they have put into this console, is just so they can have third party support for most current games as possible. That, and they're probably gonna offer the tablet with the better graphics currently.

The "it's not about the graphics and Nintendo knows better" argument is tiring too.

Quote Originally Posted by AFMG View Post
    The "it's not about the graphics and Nintendo knows better" argument is tiring too.
    It was fine with the Wii, but at this point?
    Yeah...

Nintendo is just fucking stupid at this point.

3rd Party support, given how little faith a LOT of people have in them after the WiiU, will made the Switch sink or fail...unless they actual do more than three games a year worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
    ...unless they actual do more than three games a year worth playing.
    Doesn't look like it so far. I'm not even interested in Zelda for the Switch; i'm getting it for Wii U. There's a Switch info presentation tonight that I might try to catch, maybe they'll announce some actually good launch titles (i.e. not the same Mario game over and over)

I would by the Switch, maybe not till Black Friday, but still...I'd buy the damn thing NEW if I KNEW Nintendo was giving some older franchises some love.

A proper Metriod game.

Hell, I'd buy the fucker for some remastered (like Klonoa for the Wii was, not some Silent Hill HD Collection bullshit) games from the older systems.

Super Mario World with Super Mario Galaxy graphics?
    Yes sir!
    Super Metriod with modern graphics?
    YEP.
    Etc, etc, etc.

But....yeah.
    Knowing Nintendo?
    Not very likely.

Graphics simply have never been a priority of Nintendo's... their remasters of games often are lackluster in the graphical department. Twilight Princess especially... what a disgusting remaster.

What have we learned today, kids? Nintendo sucks and is the worst!

Hardly, Mr. Hyperbole. But they aren't staying very competitive for much longer if they don't make basic changes to how they design their consoles.
    The Wii's success was an exception, not the rule. Nintendo can't fall back on gameplay gimmicks (especially when they suck, like the U's gamepad) all the time.

Rumour from 4chan:

Oh yeah, 4chan, very reputable

I'm not saying it's legit. I'm just sharing something to discuss.

Rumour or not though I still have the feeling Switch will change things. I have a hunch that, you could see Wii U was OBVIOUSLY a game just for Nintendo gamers. But I have the feel Nintendo with Switch wants to get all the people who want the PS4 and Xbox One games but also Nintendo games. Wants to compete, but in their own way. We'll see in a few hours..

You're probably on the right track. Having Skyrim in their announcement video is probably indicative of that.

You can also deduct it by how the announcement video is marketed towards all people, specially the young adults, isntead of the typical, family playing marketing vids.

We'll see how much Trust non-Fanboys still have in Nintendo after the
    Slap to the Face that was the Wiiu.

Shriner
    As with any other console, the proof is in the pudding. It really doesn't matter what it is, how powerful it is or anything like that. What matters is how many great games it has, because without that, who the hell cares? And announcements for games are one thing, but I'm very much a 'believe it when I actually have the thing' kind of guy.

There have been lots of good consoles with no games to speak of, at least until it was far too late anyway (Dreamcast, PSP and Vita etc). And lacklustre consoles with tons of great games (Megadrive, Playstation 2 etc). Until the Switch is out and with enough decent games that you feel you *must* own, then its all just talk and hope. Nothing wrong with that, but whatever is said now won't matter unless it translates into results later. And for that, we'll just have to wait and see.