Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Official Shrine Grinch TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
    They likely don't want to release details sooner so that consumers don't hold off on buying games. That'd be disastrous considering Christmas is coming in a couple months.

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Does anyone think it's worth getting a WiiU at this point?

I mean, how good is the Wii BC?

I'd love to be able to get rid of my Wii and have a WiiU.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Bella Notte Lover PonyoBellanote's Avatar
    I mean. Most of the good Wii U games are suposedly being ported to the Switch, but they're just rumours.

It's up to you. Not all of the Wii U games will be ported. It depends of how much you truly liek the Wii U's catalogue
    Wishlist:
    - Alpha and Omega RS or CS (Chris Bacon)
    - Dragonheart RS or CS (Randy Edelman)
    - Star Fox Assault RS or CS (Yoshie Arakawa and Yoshinori Kawamoto)
    - Snow Buddies RS or CS (Brahm Wenger)
    - Zootopia RS or CS (Michael Giacchino)

RS = Recording Sessions
    CS = Complete Score

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    The Wii U is also backwards compatible with Wii games... another reason I got the Wii U myself.

I learned my lesson from buying launch consoles... I'll wait a year or so for the bugs to ironed out, price drop and a more sizable game catalog before looking at getting one myself.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

I Am The One They Call: Meowth Mixer Tanis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    The Wii U is also backwards compatible with Wii games... another reason I got the Wii U myself.
    I learned my lesson from buying launch consoles... I'll wait a year or so for the bugs to ironed out, price drop and a more sizable game catalog before looking at getting one myself.
    How is the BC on the WiiU?

It is PS2 levels of 'just drop and play the PS1 game' or is it more involved?
    I'm more worried about any issues of playing games.

My Wii is actually running really nicely, that's what happens when you treat hardware well, but I'm thinking of giving it to my grandma so she can have a Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime player.

Yellow Diamond's Pearl HunterTech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
    How is the BC on the WiiU?

It is PS2 levels of 'just drop and play the PS1 game' or is it more involved?
    I'm more worried about any issues of playing games.
    It works very well, but the thing is is that the Wii U actually has it's own version of the Wii OS that it can run (referred to as the vWii). What you have to do is turn on the system, go to the apps, and click on the Wii one, which will ask you to use the Wii remote to confirm. Then, it will take you to the very familiar Wii menu, which you know where to go from there.

So not quite the plug and play of the PSX on PS2, but it's still pretty easy. The picture will be nicely upscaled on the games the Wii best excells at visually. All games should be able to run in the exact same fashion that they did in the original console. I'll have people know though that it's not as effective to use homebrew on vWii than the real one, since it crashes far more often, and without a reset button, you'll be pulling the plug on the console a lot.

꧁Heart & mind unfolding꧂ franzito's Avatar
    Eyecatching for sure. Still, I'm cold feet about Nintendo for some time. Since GC my expectations around their systems have been getting lower and lower. GC had some stuff to play with and although I bought a Wii for the backwards compat with it, I don't have as many titles as I have for PS3 and XBOX 360. I have no intentions of buying a Wii U because of the backwards compat again and so far my Wii U's wishlist has almost nothing compared to the titles I want to play on PS4, even though the real exclusives are few.
    But that's just me. I stopped buying launch systems and games a long time ago, I prefer to wait a lot more before deciding on buying it, the headache is never worth it and have I had my share.
    フランジト

Check out my [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (good & rare stuff) : D

So apparently the new Zelda is being delayed AGAIN. It won't even launch with the Switch. This is getting embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
    So apparently the new Zelda is being delayed AGAIN. It won't even launch with the Switch. This is getting embarrassing.
    R U M O U R.

I've got a source that confirms it's still releasing in launch.

Ah, your uncle works at Nintendo?

No, an online friend of mine who works in marketing and has a friend in Nintendo. I asked them: "Do you confirm that Zelda Breath of the Wild is indeed releasing in March?" and they said: "No. But I can confirm that the bug testing team is working with a march schedule in mind. And they don't know of any plans to push it back further. It could be delayed, but to this point in time, I heard no convincing evidence otherwise."

Please stop believing rumours. And just wait til Nintendo says shit. It has not been confirmed by Nintendo themselves.

Well I hope that they at least keep their promise about it releasing on WiiU... I'm not buying a Switch.

That's for certain. Another RUMOUR, says it might release first in Wii U and then Switch, but it's not likely.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were to do the reverse and pull a Twilight Princess. If anything it might mean the Wii U version would be superior.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
    Does anyone think it's worth getting a WiiU at this point?
    A little late on this, but I'd say go for a Wii U.
    It's fully backwards-compatible with Wii; you cna transfer your old Wii data to the U; and it's not like the Switch will be backwards-compatible with anything.
    The only minor quibble I have is that it doesn't accept GCN games, but it's not a big deal.

I think they should've put GCN games to the Wii U VC, why Wii, why everything but GCN? GCN has some great games that would benefit

It's baffling. They have Gameboy games (why???) on the eShop but to this day still fail to have ANY GCN games.
    I think the Wii Shop Channel has more N64 games than the eShop, but maybe Nintendo's finally updated that recently.

Well, you can still buy whatever was in the Wii Shop from the Wii U's Virtual Wii console.

Oh yeah! :P
    But how would one even play an N64 games? They didn't even release dongles for GCN controllers until like two years after launch. There were just so many weird decisions made in regards to the Wii U.

Yellow Diamond's Pearl HunterTech's Avatar
    Gamecube games on Wii U are only possible through a Homebrew app, since it SOMEHOW still has Gamecube hardware in there (due to Wii hardware still having enough to it realistically run it).

Three-Dimensional Listener 3DMan's Avatar
    I have a feeling that a Gamecube Virtual Console will happen at some point, it's just Nintendo's waiting for the right time so they can benefit the most from it (At a Nintendo Direct? E3? Who knows?).

Because trust me, once they reveal it, their audience is gonna be all over it, especially the Smash Bros. Melee competitive scene who will be flocking in droves for a potential portable version of their sacred fighting game in HD.

Meanwhile I just patiently wait for Paper Mario: Thousand-Year Door to get such treatment.

Grand Shriner
    I'm looking forward to the Switch. I hope they port some of the tales games like Vesperia and some of the Falcom YS games. I also hope that they port all the current Dragon Quest games into a dragon quest collection. I'm sure 1-6 could fit on a cartridge, with separate cartridges for 7, 8, 9. It doesn't need to be hd ports either, although I would love if they remastered FF IX a la FFX. Also would love it if we could have a Zelda Wind Waker, Twilight Princess on the Switch as they look good and I haven't played them.

The biggest game I want remastered for the Switch is Xenosaga. I love those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestars004 View Post
    Zelda Wind Waker, Twilight Princess on the Switch .
    Nintendo has already whored out Zelda wayyy to much for Switch remakes to be a possibility anytime soon.

Skyward Sword DOES need the HD remake treatment badly though. The game has got a nice visual style fucked up by the Wii's SD limitations.

When upscaled by Dolphin, Skyward Sword is amazing

Oh wait, they're getting rid of motion contorls.

The whole gimmick about Skyward Sword was its motion controls though. That was literally its only reason for existing.

Grand Shriner
    I guess. I haven't owned a nintendo console since the super nintendo. Not enough games I liked to spend the cash on. I'm hoping this will change. Maybe the switch will support a virtual store and I can get them that way. I also wouldn't mind a update of The Last Story. I like the videos I saw and own the soundtrack which is awesome.