Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: VII is the Greatest

  1. #1
    Go me? Goby! Goby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    148

    VII is the Greatest

    All other FF's pale in comparison.

  2. #2
    jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dromund Kaas
    Posts
    7,077
    I disagree...

    But as this is likely just a troll... i don't give a fuck


    The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun


    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  3. #3
    Go me? Goby! Goby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Revan View Post
    I disagree...

    But as this is likely just a troll... i don't give a fuck
    You're wrong. and you should give a fuck. even if I were a troll.

  4. #4
    jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dromund Kaas
    Posts
    7,077
    Says who?

    FFVII is overrated nowadays... I will admit the original game was ok, but the compilation is lacklustre.

    Don't tell me what to do.

  5. #5
    Go me? Goby! Goby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    148
    I completely agree.

    And I didn't tell you what to do, I suggested that you do a thing.

  6. #6
    professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    far away sky
    Posts
    5,558
    ctrl f final fantasy 6 (vi) no results.
    thread is lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    many of my posts are paid for by the department of redundancy deparment's payment
    as of recently and for the rest of winter, expect many typos. my hands are freezing during the night
    #gamefaqssupportswomenbeaters

  7. #7
    Go me? Goby! Goby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by ROKUSHO View Post
    ctrl f final fantasy 6 (vi) no results.
    thread is lying.
    I feel like VI was missing something... let's see what was it.... OH YEAH I REMEMBER. It had zero awesome CGI movies and a main character with no motive. And don't even get me started on that mog battle thing.

  8. #8
    professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    far away sky
    Posts
    5,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Goby View Post
    I feel like VI was missing something... let's see what was it.... OH YEAH I REMEMBER. It had zero awesome CGI movies and a main character with no motive. And don't even get me started on that mog battle thing.


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.
    the opera scene alone has more awesome than the entirety of 7.

  9. #9
    ꧁Heart & mind unfolding꧂ franzito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    944


    Troll or not, FF VII, for heaven's sake, is not the greatest. Period. It's overrated, it's lacking when you think about some aspects of it, it drags at some point, Sephiroth's as much overrated as Cloud, both overstayed their welcomes, anyway, the list of cons is longer than the list of pros. Go play I, II, IV, VI, IX, X or XII and I dare you to change your opinion.
    Last edited by franzito; 04-08-2016 at 09:12 AM. Reason: ><
    フランジト

    Check out my [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (good & rare stuff) : D

  10. #10
    Go me? Goby! Goby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by ROKUSHO View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.
    the opera scene alone has more awesome than the entirety of 7.
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!! The opera scene!? That's your big comeback!? Not the whole world being destroyed and getting a new map? Not the evil that is Kefka!? The friggin OPERA!? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! VII had REAL music, not simple tonal peeps.

    - DISCLAIMER - I loved VI, it's an incredibly close 2nd to VII for my fav.



    Quote Originally Posted by franzito View Post


    Troll or not, FF VII, for heaven's sake, is not the greatest. Period. It's overrated, it's lacking when you think about some aspects of it, it drags at some point, Sephiroth's as much overrated as Cloud, both overstayed their welcomes, anyway, the list of cons is longer than the list of pros. Go play I, II, IV, VI, IX, X or XII and I dare you to change your opinion.
    I'm a halftroll. Some part of me is still pissed at this forum for 10 years ago but the other part just loves the FF franchise (pre-FFX) and wants to bitch about how great it is.
    Any way, shut your cock holster, I've played every FF up to X-2, and I still feel VII is the best of the series. It's the best because it took the first steps into the CGI/Third dimension realm and did a kickass job at it. Every character had depth and intrigue. They had good motives, too.

  11. #11
    RIP FFShrine: 2001-2010 Olde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Goby View Post
    It's the best because it took the first steps into the CGI/Third dimension realm and did a kickass job at it. Every character had depth and intrigue. They had good motives, too.
    Just because it's the first at something doesn't mean it's the best. George Washington isn't the best president because he was the first. Fillipo Brunelleschi is not the best artist because he was one of the first to use visual perspective. It might be your favorite because it did something you had never seen before, but being the first at something does not therefore make it the best.

    The characters had a backstory and...that's about it. The story gets fucked around the mid-point of the game. The only character I really felt any connection to was oddly enough Barrett. At least he had a legitimate motive and commited himself to pursuing what he perceived as virtuous. Vincent was another character who had a somewhat interesting backstory, though it just makes him come off as "Barrett-lite." As for Cloud, his whole persona is basically a self-delusion. While it's interesting at the end of the game where he has to come to terms with the fact that he isn't who he thought he was (if he ever thought so at all), the story doesn't resolve his character arc in a satisfying way. And it makes no sense that Tifa went along with his lies unless she really wanted to get into his pants that badly, and I have no clue why she would. As for Aerith, you can't possibly try to convince me that she has any character depth. She is literally just blank slate of a cleric/druid hybrid who happens to just be this big Maguffin because plot. Don't even get me started on Yuffie, or the joke that is Cait Sith. As for the antagonists, I thought the president, Heidegger, Palmer, and the Turks were all stereotypical evil bad guys who wanted world domination just because, and Hojo was a stereotypical mad scientist. Reno, Rude, Elena were really the only antagonists with any character, and it was definitely a relief to see them on screen because they felt real and took you away from the broody-wangsty nature of the regular team. However, they didn't get enough development either and their story arcs were left incomplete, too. Don't even get me started on Sephiroth, who is really just a walking, talking Oedipus complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1982_tarheels View Post
    Reddas is the guy who got his brains blown out by Travolta in the backseat of Jules' car.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRay View Post
    Oh, now i get it...

    Your Posts aren't meant to be ironic... You actually think you're funny....
    I fucking hate FFShrine.

  12. #12
    ꧁Heart & mind unfolding꧂ franzito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    944
    Quote Originally Posted by Goby View Post
    I'm a halftroll. Some part of me is still pissed at this forum for 10 years ago but the other part just loves the FF franchise (pre-FFX) and wants to bitch about how great it is. It's the best because it took the first steps into the CGI/Third dimension realm and did a kickass job at it. Every character had depth and intrigue. They had good motives, too.
    CGI/Third dimension in early development yes. "Kickass job" for 1997's standards maybe.

  13. #13
    professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    far away sky
    Posts
    5,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Goby View Post
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!! The opera scene!? That's your big comeback!? Not the whole world being destroyed and getting a new map? Not the evil that is Kefka!? The friggin OPERA!? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! VII had REAL music, not simple tonal peeps.

    - DISCLAIMER - I loved VI, it's an incredibly close 2nd to VII for my fav.

    thats precisely why i said the opera scene alone. i cited the least awesome of 6's scenes to prove a point.
    and you proved it further with the other examples YOU YOURSELF provided.

  14. #14
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Raccoon city
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by ROKUSHO View Post
    thats precisely why i said the opera scene alone. i cited the least awesome of 6's scenes to prove a point.
    and you proved it further with the other examples YOU YOURSELF provided.
    FF7 has a lot of good things but i agree with [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    The translation was horrible and the game was confusing.The materia system was good but the story was just plain silly.Sephiroth reads a book and MWAHAHAH you scum i am going to conquer ze vorld MWAHAHHAHA,its just plain bad.I also think that the chars development due to this also suffered and ended up being lackluster, especially cloud strife.

    ff7 is a decent game but i dont agree on it being best game EVAAAR!!! i personally think ff4 ff6 ff tactics even ff8 has better chars.Yeah i went there:I like squall more than cloud strife, but i like the side characters in ff7 more than ff8, especially when comparing zell and selphie to barret and tifa who are in my opinion better characters.Actually:My 3 fav ff7 chars are:Tifa barret and Cid, although:FF8 does have laguna who is a fun char and kiros and ward.

    I think this is a troll message.Also:This whole argument is stupid as it goes to the 50.000 frenchmen cant be wrong argument that it must be good because its popular.A lot of things are popular like:justin bieber twilight and i bet some horny guys watch miley cyrus to watch her take off her clothes.Just because its popular doesnt mean it is automatically good, but it also doesnt mean its automatically bad, as star wars is very popular, and so is the indiana jones first 3 movies.Actually:Arguing by popularity is probably the most flawed argument, as one could argue that things dont age like milk, and if so:you would be arguing that citizen kaine is no longer good, or M or for an example the old hitchcock movie notorious and rebecca.Yes they are old but they still remain classics, and i think the same applies to games too.

    Another issue is nostalgia can make us do funny things, like misremember things.I remember in the 80s things fondly, even if they arent as good as i remember.Its easy to think something is the best if its your first.ff6 wasnt my first and neither was ff4.I actually started with ff1 on the nes and i played zelda metroid mario with duck hunt and magic of sheherazade before i played ff6, and faxandu, and also ultima 3 exodus.If you think ff7 is the best game ever, i advise you to play all ff games and then decide, because otherwise you are missing out.For an example:I tried out ff tactics and i admired how it did things that other games have never done, and ff legends series which i really liked, but others hated.I also advise you play elder scrolls series and other types of games.

  15. #15
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    600
    For me it's FF IX, VI, IV and then VII. I'll admit VII was good for it's time and the cg was top notch for a ps1 game, but I personally feel that FF IX VI and IV have a better story, more interesting characters and better music. I haven't played FF X yet, but I just got it for the ps3. It's on the docket after I finish I am Setsuna.

  16. #16
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Raccoon city
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestars004 View Post
    For me it's FF IX, VI, IV and then VII. I'll admit VII was good for it's time and the cg was top notch for a ps1 game, but I personally feel that FF IX VI and IV have a better story, more interesting characters and better music. I haven't played FF X yet, but I just got it for the ps3. It's on the docket after I finish I am Setsuna.
    Tactics is really good i also think chrono trigger which isnt a ff game but made by the same company is better than ff7, as the story is better.

  17. #17
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    600
    If we are going with games outside of the main FF series, than I have to agree that FF Tactics is great (if freaking hard), and the Chrono series is awesome. I'd also include Xenosaga Series, Dragon Quest III, IV, V, VIII, Tales of Vesperia (I have yet to play some others as I just got a PS3) as far better RPGs. I've started to play I am Setsuna and am enjoying that more than FF VII.

    Give me older games with character art than cgi cutscenes almost any day as I like to use my imagination to fill in the blanks. Although I got to admit the cutscenes in FF IX, Xenosaga, and Vesperia really do kick ass.

  18. #18
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Raccoon city
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestars004 View Post
    If we are going with games outside of the main FF series, than I have to agree that FF Tactics is great (if freaking hard), and the Chrono series is awesome. I'd also include Xenosaga Series, Dragon Quest III, IV, V, VIII, Tales of Vesperia (I have yet to play some others as I just got a PS3) as far better RPGs. I've started to play I am Setsuna and am enjoying that more than FF VII.

    Give me older games with character art than cgi cutscenes almost any day as I like to use my imagination to fill in the blanks. Although I got to admit the cutscenes in FF IX, Xenosaga, and Vesperia really do kick ass.
    Dq 4 is awesome, i really liked it a lot, and DQ VIII is also great.

    I have a confession:I never played xenosaga.I did try out xenogear though,and i was fairly interested in it.Breath of fire series is also really great.

  19. #19
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    600
    Xenogear was good but nearly 60 hours. My play time for all three Xenosaga games came to 90 hours. Taken as a whole the series is amazing. Taken individually your milage may very. In my opinion Xenosaga II is the low point, with a short game that felt like an epilogue to the first game, change in composer (from Yasunori Mitsuda to Yuki Kajrua sp??) Three was a fantastic return to form but for some reason they censored some of the blood, which was ridiculous. The scenes where not gratuitous and I've seen far worse in Fairy Tail.

    Anyways back to FF VII. Despite it not being my favourite it probably had the best ads both in print and on tv that I have ever seen. I loved those commercials to death.

  20. #20
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia gamer View Post
    Tactics is really good i also think chrono trigger which isnt a ff game but made by the same company is better than ff7, as the story is better.
    Chrono Trigger is a totally different league vs the Final Fantasy series.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  21. #21
    Shriner Kalta79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    63
    FFX is actually my favorite in the franchise, followed by the real FF3(where you start out as the Onion Kids). Replayed FF7 a few years ago, wasn't as good as I remembered when it first came out, then end of 2016 for some reason I downloaded and watched Advent Children(and then bought it), then found vids of all the story scenes from Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus, and realized the only characters I really give a crap about are Reno, Rude, and Zack. I got sick of the 'villains' all having the same problem...serious dependency issues. If it wasn't "Mother this or Mother that", it was "Brother this or Brother that"...f*** the 'others'!!! I do want to the remake to come out, just for the Turks. And this is just my opinion, if someone else loves FF7 above the other games, more power to 'em, it's got nothing to do with me.
    Yes, I like Reno's character quite well. If you don't, that's your problem, not mine.

  22. #22
    The FF franchise lost me once it became cutscene after cutscene with a little gameplay in between. I miss the top down versions with a medieval feel.

  23. #23
    Korol B@d@pple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Somewhere cold
    Posts
    75
    I agree.

    From the first moment I witnessed Tifa's DD nunga-nungas flopping in front of me, I was hooked. I mean, who can go wrong with this game? It won the war. It redefined the atom. It completely disqualified all other video-based games from existing. No other medium of entertainment has attained an equivalent pinnacle of existence, evar. Final Fantasy VII's deep, engrossing tale about a cross-dressing emo's quest to have violent revenge buttsecks with his ex boyfriend Stefanoff is unmatched in terms of sheer storytelling mastery.

    Join Crowd Self, and his internal struggle as he battles against early Alzheimer's, all whilst being sucked into a Twilight-level love triangle with two girls, one of whom he knew since before he'd even gotten his first stiffy. Together, they'll band together with Mr. T and his wacky sidekicks, Jessifer, Mr. Big, Wedgie and Marlene in the quest to blow shit up in the name of peace. Uncover the untold story of Stefanoff and his infinite love for Crowd Self's massive instrument, as the gang heads to the center of the planet to engage in the hottest hentai orgy since Terra and Locke threesome'd with Faris!

    What's not to love? Nary a thing, I tell you. Nary a thing. Pick up your copy today!
    The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •