Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38

Thread: Final Fantasy 7 Remake is episodic ???

  1. #26
    Neg
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25,994
    I Have to Admit I Have Never Played FFVII Or Any Of The Games. I Do Enjoy the Scores & I Have Advent Children DVD (One Of My Prized DVDs) And CD (Which I Just Made A New Cover Art For).
    I Love Cloud & Sephiroth.

    I Have Played Kingdom Hearts And The Bonus Level Where You Fight Sephiroth Has Always Been Fun!

  2. #27
    Bella Notte Lover PonyoBellanote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    7,939
    That's amazing that you've actually played KH. I should've guessed knowing the Disney would make you do it :P Did you like it? Have you played any other KH game?
    Wishlist:
    - Alpha and Omega RS or CS (Chris Bacon)
    - Dragonheart RS or CS (Randy Edelman)
    - Star Fox Assault RS or CS (Yoshie Arakawa and Yoshinori Kawamoto)
    - Snow Buddies RS or CS (Brahm Wenger)
    - Zootopia RS or CS (Michael Giacchino)

    RS = Recording Sessions
    CS = Complete Score

  3. #28
    Neg
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25,994
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyoBellanote View Post
    That's amazing that you've actually played KH. I should've guessed knowing the Disney would make you do it :P Did you like it? Have you played any other KH game?
    I Have Played
    KH
    KH2
    Re: Chain Of Memories
    Recoded
    Birth By Sleep
    356/2 Days.

    And Yes You're Correct It Was The Disney Element, That Made Me Play. But I Did Enjoy The Mixture Of Disney & FF.

  4. #29
    Bella Notte Lover PonyoBellanote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    7,939
    Judging by the fact you've played almost every game, you really enjoy the series then. Are you waiting for KH3?

    You should maybe watch walkthroughs of the 3DS game, as it kinda goes before KH3 and after KH2 or ReChain.

  5. #30
    Neg
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    25,994
    I Have Not Bought A New Console, So Will Not Play KH3, I Have Not Played A Video Game In Years.

  6. #31
    RIP FFShrine: 2001-2010 Olde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    I'm saddened by the enormous amount of idiots which will likely dismiss the game because a comma isn't where it used to be, if I wanted to play the same goddamn game with updated visuals, I'd fire up the original after installing some of Qhimm community's excellent Mods. As a Remake, it isn't supposed to be a carbon copy of the original with updated visuals, some "rebuilding" has to go down.

    I'd be satisfied with a good RPG, I'm not really fond of the Final Fantasy games "post-Ⅹ-2".
    The problem is it's not a new game. I'm all for re-imaginings. For instance, I support Black Mesa, the full-scale re-imagining of Half-Life 1 that takes liberties in what it adds and leaves out. However, what I want to see is an improvement upon the original game. Of course what constitutes an improvement is subjective, suffice it to say that it should always have the same overall look and feel of the original game. That is, things like voice-acting, character design, environmental atmosphere, music, battle system, and the way in which the story is told should all support those corresponding aspects the way the original game did. It should reinforce, not undermine, undercut, or subvert. Judging from the trailer, and we all know that trailers are spurious at best, I will admit that iit seems like so far they did a good job. Not a fan of the episodic releases, but if they capture the same tone, atmosphere, strategy, and feel of the game, I'll be satisfied.

    I think Revan's point is that this game didn't need a remake to begin with, and to a point he's right. The same can be said for any classic. But in any case where a classic is remade, only a fool would expect the remake to surpass the original. The remake won't replace the original, and it would be stupid for fans to think so. I don't have a problem with a retelling. I don't have high hopes for it in terms of my own satisfaction, but it will be what it will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1982_tarheels View Post
    Reddas is the guy who got his brains blown out by Travolta in the backseat of Jules' car.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRay View Post
    Oh, now i get it...

    Your Posts aren't meant to be ironic... You actually think you're funny....
    I fucking hate FFShrine.

  7. #32
    Survived the 『Hunt』, but not the Lady. Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Olde View Post
    The problem is it's not a new game. I'm all for re-imaginings. For instance, I support Black Mesa, the full-scale re-imagining of Half-Life 1 that takes liberties in what it adds and leaves out. However, what I want to see is an improvement upon the original game. Of course what constitutes an improvement is subjective, suffice it to say that it should always have the same overall look and feel of the original game. That is, things like voice-acting, character design, environmental atmosphere, music, battle system, and the way in which the story is told should all support those corresponding aspects the way the original game did. It should reinforce, not undermine, undercut, or subvert. Judging from the trailer, and we all know that trailers are spurious at best, I will admit that iit seems like so far they did a good job. Not a fan of the episodic releases, but if they capture the same tone, atmosphere, strategy, and feel of the game, I'll be satisfied.

    I think Revan's point is that this game didn't need a remake to begin with, and to a point he's right. The same can be said for any classic. But in any case where a classic is remade, only a fool would expect the remake to surpass the original. The remake won't replace the original, and it would be stupid for fans to think so. I don't have a problem with a retelling. I don't have high hopes for it in terms of my own satisfaction, but it will be what it will be.
    Oh, I have already agreed with Darth Revan on "that" points, heck, even though I ended up enjoying various elements of the Compilation, I also thought FFⅦ didn't need to be expanded upon.
    Personally, I don't see the Remake doing that much damage to the original (which recently became available on PS4 with achievements/trophies and a few extra features not available in the Steam release), or to put it better: the Remake won't ever "taint" the original for me, nor surpass it. This is what matters, in the end: how you are going to deal with it, I plan to give it a chance with a light heart. Will I end up enjoying the Remake? All the better for me, I will have two FFⅦ to play. Still, I'm not gonna lie: as much as I love the game's pre-rendered backgrounds/super-deformed models, the chance to see some of my favourite characters, places, scenes with current days' graphic quality has me drool a bit.
    Will there be folks who will like and see the Remake as THE FFⅦ? Good on them/screw them, I say, take your pick. Does it even matter, in the end? I've seen this kind of discussion a lot over at BIOHAZARD/Resident Evil communities, I can almost read talks of true fans… Lesser fans… There's nothing like that. I kinda wish folks would just mind their own business and let other players enjoy whatever they enjoy in peace.
    I mean, we aren't really losing anything, heh. Oh my God, the Remake ends up being trash, compared to the original. Big. Fucking. Deal. The original is available as:

    - A PlayStation game.
    - A PC game.
    - A slightly updated release on Steam.
    - A game sold on PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 4's digital stores.

    Some of the fans seem to be thinking this damn Remake will send the original into oblivion. No, folks: the original is still available for purchase (overpriced somewhere, actually) and I'm ready to bet it won't go anywhere even when the whole Remake will have been released.
    Last edited by Leon Scott Kennedy; 12-13-2015 at 06:09 PM.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | N: “He was having his favourite dish.” | [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Wither away.

  8. #33
    RIP FFShrine: 2001-2010 Olde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,178
    I never got that sense from anyone. It'll never replace the original and anyone who thinks so is super-deformed in the head. Whether someone prefers it to the original is their preference. We'll see how it goes when it's closer to release.

  9. #34
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Raccoon city
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Olde View Post
    I never got that sense from anyone. It'll never replace the original and anyone who thinks so is super-deformed in the head. Whether someone prefers it to the original is their preference. We'll see how it goes when it's closer to release.
    Olde suppose for a moment that the remake does surpass the old version? The new one which will be episodic could delve more into sephiroth and clouds personality and fix up whatever typos the original had, fixing the errors.

    It could even add new story to delve more into the character of zack.

    This could turn out to be a good thing if these things are added.Also no more annoying jerks who complain about super deformed characters anymore.the achievements are also a nice bonus to people who love ff7 giving them a reason to go and play even more to get those said achievements, so this could be a blessing or the worse disaster ever of a game.

  10. #35
    Bella Notte Lover PonyoBellanote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    7,939
    It's confirmed the remake is going further than the original FF7 game.

  11. #36
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New Raccoon city
    Posts
    1,061
    Bellanote where is your source? Show it

  12. #37
    Bella Notte Lover PonyoBellanote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia gamer View Post
    Bellanote where is your source? Show it
    Some kind of interview I read. Looked it up for you:

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  13. #38
    RIP FFShrine: 2001-2010 Olde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgia gamer View Post
    Olde suppose for a moment that the remake does surpass the old version? The new one which will be episodic could delve more into sephiroth and clouds personality and fix up whatever typos the original had, fixing the errors.
    Good, because the original story was shit. It's not going to fix the key components though, which is where the game really hurts.

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyoBellanote View Post
    It's confirmed the remake is going further than the original FF7 game.
    It may go further in detail in regard to the story, but probably to the detriment of the gameplay. I think they've turned more towards story-telling than towards letting gamers play.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •