Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gears of War: The CD Lossless Collection (with Game Rips) [WAV, FLAC, M4A (AL) & OGG]

Grand Shriner
    thank you for the in game music for judgement and and gears of war 2 now if we can only get three

Periphery (( P :. )) DarkMessengerV's Avatar
    wow thank you! this is the best collection I've seen!! ....also RIP Dom. I still cry

Banned
    thanks a lot

Anyone can upload the sound snippets? I've been trying to find the headshot sound for a ringtone!
    The fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sil3nthillFrEaK View Post
    Anyone can upload the sound snippets? I've been trying to find the headshot sound for a ringtone!
    It just so happens I've been looking into getting the in-game audio from the Gears of War games myself. I've so far been fully successful with Gears of War [PC] and 99.9% successful with Gears of War 2 [Xbox 360] (umodel.exe was producing an error for a single DEU language VO file, which I believe it's Deutsche/German, so only a minor loss for the few that may prefer a German dub), but Gears of War 3 [Xbox 360] currently is racking my brain why ToWAV.exe can't convert the XMA files for it.

But I think Gears of War 2 does contain exactly what you need, so here's the four "GibHeadshot" files converted to WAV for you: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    thanks, nice collection.

Shriner
    damn you Kevin Riepl, I can't stop listening to your awesome scoreto the best part of the series. And thanks for the uploads, man!

Shriner
    Thanks for the retail CDs, amazing thread and share.

Grand Shriner
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Kaptemplar; 12-10-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Onion Kid
    thanks, amazing share

Shriner
    Thanks !

Shriner
    Hello Bizargh, any chance for a Gears 4 in-game rip?

Quote Originally Posted by Penderghast View Post
    Hello Bizargh, any chance for a Gears 4 in-game rip?
    I'd like to think it's possible. It's an Unreal Engine game (UE4 in this case) using Wwise like numerous games such as Battleborn, Borderlands 2 & The Pre-Sequel and Killing Floor 2 to name a small number, with many other games on different game engines using Wwise such as new-Doom.
    But until the day comes I upgrade to Windows 10 (Which I'd currently prefer not to until it becomes unavoidable such as when Windows 7 goes obsolete in 2020) and I can be certain people are able to extract assets from the PC version (There was success with new-Killer Instinct for it's music & character models, but Windows Store games have some odd malarkey going on if I'm hearing right), I ain't got a chance. Right now, I'm eagerly awaiting the CD release now pushed back to January 27th 2017, which I'd be keen to rip (Perhaps the least recognisable soundtrack of the franchise, but "Finale" (Which I don't recall hearing in-game on my two playthroughs) just hits me right in the feelings (Especially when I pitch it up just under a semitone).

I was at one point attempting to grab the Gears of War 3 In-Game Music, but there were some problems it doesn't share with it's predecessors that I didn't manage to solve at the time. Something I'd like to look into again when it's more convenient to do so. But I make no promises, as it's rare I can keep 'em. What I can promise is I want me that Gears of War 4 The Soundtrack CD, and should it release as planned, I'll be ripping it & adding it to the topic.
    Last edited by Bizargh; 12-09-2016 at 02:24 PM.

thank you

COLLECTION UPDATE

Gears of War 4 The Soundtrack {SE-3201-2} has finally been added to the collection with native WAV rip format and Flac & M4A (Apple Lossless Audio Codec/ALAC) formats. Existing CD Lossless have been replaced with updated reuploads with improved tags/metadata, along with M4A (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) format options. Availability information has been updated in light of Loudr no longer selling music.

Shriner
    Please, somebody rip the Gears 4 complete score. There must be a way...

Quote Originally Posted by Penderghast View Post
    Please, somebody rip the Gears 4 complete score. There must be a way...
    It is a game built on Unreal Engine 4 that I recall mention of it using the Wwise middleware for audio (Which isn't typically difficult to extract audio itself from, but if any common technique to do so with the file-names and/or folder structure intact even exists, then has long eluded me). However, even model-porters have had little to no joy getting anything from the game due to it being a Windows Store game and heavily encrypted. Otherwise, I haven't seen any joy for people looking to extract audio data from the Xbox One akin to the PlayStation 4 somewhat recently. So at least at present, I don't believe there even is a way to extract audio from Gears of War 4, let-alone in a method that makes using it to prepare a "Complete Score" a feasible task.

Onion Kid
    Thanks so much!