Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2424647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1396

Thread: nx666's Soundtrack-a-Ganza - Computer Edition (C64,Amiga,Atari,X68000,PC-88/98,etc.)

Grand Shriner
    Many thanks for Whale's Voyage II: Die Übermacht!!! +1 added .
    Do you happen to have Twinworld (Amiga version)? I hope not to bother you and many thanks beforehand .

One-Year War Veteran/WWWA Tro-Con KusanagiShiro's Avatar
    thanks for Prince of Persia! I have one minor question: is it possible to rip Bakudan Otoko (read: Bomberman 1983) for PC-88? might attempt it myself
    If you have a question about Ys or LUNAR, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thank you very much nx666. Please rest a while. ^_^
    -> [Hidden link. Register to see links.] <-

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by KusanagiShiro View Post
    thanks for Prince of Persia! I have one minor question: is it possible to rip Bakudan Otoko (read: Bomberman 1983) for PC-88? might attempt it myself
    Nothing is impossible to rip, it all depends on how much time and effort you want to put into it. I doubt there is much (or any) music in the 1983 version and you can probably record all the sfx by playing the game for 5 minutes in an emulator.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mincharro View Post
    Many thanks for Whale's Voyage II: Die Übermacht!!! +1 added .
    Do you happen to have Twinworld (Amiga version)? I hope not to bother you and many thanks beforehand .
    I don't have a rip of Twin World so maybe save that one for the next round of requests. Unless you want to do it yourself. It's a pretty straightforward conversion of the sound files (which are available) and I could help you if you run into problems.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Check out my podcast: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    Many thanks, nx666, but I´m afraid I´m a newbie as far as converting files goes...

Onion Kid
    excellent! much obliged!

Onion Kid
    Thank you for the Amiga tunes!

Grand Shriner
    Here is something I have been working on for over a year now: a new up-to-date Hoot archive with support for over 5300 games from systems like the PC-88, PC-98, X6800, X1, MS-DOS, Mega Drive, MSX, and many arcade boards. The content was compiled from various sources and there is also a ton of new stuff that is not available anywhere else.

All of this has been fixed, updated, and is verified to work with the latest version of Hoot. Also included are translated XML files so you won't have to deal with titles and publisher names in Japanese. Please see the included readme.txt for details on how to install this archive.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.], be warned it's a fairly big download though (2.5 GB)

Enjoy!

Check out my VGM Podcast - PixelTunes Radio! ruiner9's Avatar
    Waaaaaaaaaat. Dude this is incredible. I’m gonna be digging through this at work tomorrow fo sho!
    Visit my thread at [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for tons of goodies!

Grand Shriner
    That is an awesome accomplishment!

this the shizzle

What the deuce!? I may have to get it...wait hard drive is full. BLAST! *for best effect read in Stewie Griffin voice*

Does that archive have Tatsujin-Oh from FMT?
    Last edited by KusanagiShiro; 06-26-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Outrageous effort with THAT hoot archive! While I managed to set it up all properly one question remains: Is there any possibility to play all tracks from an album entirely instead of one by one manually clicking? Also if it's possible to pause, stop and skip if wanted?

Edit: Is it normal some tracks seem to be playing endlessly? Since there's no time display given I assume so.
    Last edited by Colonel Faulkner; 06-27-2018 at 05:41 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Faulkner View Post
    Outrageous effort with THAT hoot archive! While I managed to set it up all properly one question remains: Is there any possibility to play all tracks from an album entirely instead of one by one manually clicking? Also if it's possible to pause, stop and skip if wanted?

Edit: Is it normal some tracks seem to be playing endlessly? Since there's no time display given I assume so.
    Hoot is essentially a collection of emulators that run the original game code (i.e. sound driver) to play the music. As such it is limited by the constraints of the sound drivers which aren't necessarily made for timed playback and just loop the music endlessly. For many drivers you can stop the music by pressing 'P', but even that does not work in some cases.

When I record music from Hoot for the rips in this thread, I use a script that plays x minutes of each track. But I'm not sure if the script is suitable for pure listening as it would play x minutes even for a 5 second jingle. There is also some setup involved and the actual song lengths (including loops and fadeouts) have to be determined in an audio editor afterwards.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KusanagiShiro View Post
    Does that archive have Tatsujin-Oh from FMT?
    Yes it does.

Ohhhh! marvelous
    Thanks!!

Thanks for clarification, nx666! However, the pure amount is marvelous and I will just use it as it is, I can arrange myself with the limits, no problem.
    All the gems provided by you here - especially the Roland MT-32 tracks for the classic Sierra adventures and many, many more.

Sweet! I've been looking for that OST. Thanks NX!

Requesting Alpha and Genesis for the PC88 if possible. Haven't heard either before but it's some of Uematsu's only early non-NES works.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Requesting Alpha and Genesis for the PC88 if possible. Haven't heard either before but it's some of Uematsu's only early non-NES works.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ... or listen to them via the Hoot set I just posted.

Thanks, I'll check that out!

Quote Originally Posted by nx666 View Post
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ... or listen to them via the Hoot set I just posted.
    That site gives off insecure browser warnings. Direct links might help?

Grand Shriner
    Guess he doesn't want to do rips anymore- leaving us to do them. Oh well, I can figure out how to do it, that is if I can get MT-32 to work, because I want to try to get Crystal Rinal: Ouma no Meikyuu to work with it- it has great music, especially with the Roland GS and MT-32 plugins.
    Last edited by Sharrif001; 07-14-2018 at 02:49 PM.

@nx666 : Many thanks thanks for the finely crafted Hoot pack man.
    I did one with all my arcade and MDX faves times ago. But the other systems in yours will provide even more discovery delights, sweeeet.
    Last edited by jmolotiok; 07-15-2018 at 01:41 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrif001 View Post
    Guess he doesn't want to do rips anymore- leaving us to do them. Oh well, I can figure out how to do it, that is if I can get MT-32 to work, because I want to try to get Crystal Rinal: Ouma no Meikyuu to work with it- it has great music, especially with the Roland GS and MT-32 plugins.
    You can find the Crystal Rina soundtrack (OPN,MT32,GS) in the Hoot archive above, you just need to convert the tracks to .wav. There is even a new mt32sound.dll included that is based on the latest version of Munt.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by nx666 View Post
    You can find the Crystal Rina soundtrack (OPN,MT32,GS) in the Hoot archive above, you just need to convert the tracks to .wav. There is even a new mt32sound.dll included that is based on the latest version of Munt.
    OK. Will do. I will get Munt now for MT-32. But I will not log them with WAV.

Update- I just installed mt32sound.dll. I am still getting nothing.
    Last edited by Sharrif001; 07-15-2018 at 02:09 PM.