Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101454 ... LastLast

Thread: nx666's Soundtrack-a-Ganza - Computer Edition (C64,Amiga,Atari,X68000,PC-88/98,etc.)

Grand Shriner
    Galmedes (Arcade) - Vertical shmup by Visco

Sand Scorpion: Sasori (Arcade) - Another vertical shmup, published by Face

Back to the Future Part II (Amiga) - Music by David Whittaker, as far as I can tell this is all based on Alan Silvestri's soundtrack to the movie.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Check out my podcast: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Heyo
    Can you rip this?
    - Alladin (DOS)
    - Lion King (DOS)
    - Epic Pinball (DOS)

Grand Shriner
    Back to the Future Part III (Amiga) - Barry Leitch composed the soundtrack for the Amiga version of this game. It's ok but not nearly as good as Charles Deenen's C64 version which is already in the OP.

Crime Time (C64) - An adventure game with a soundtrack by Stefan Hartwig. The in-game music is a medley of the themes from Miami Vice and James Bond.

Zan: Yasha Enbukyoku (PC-8801,OPNA) - Some sort of side story in this Wolfteam series, the music is a solo effort by Motoi Sakuraba. This is the OPNA soundtrack which for some reason only seems to exist in the original PC-88 release. The arrangements here are also quite different from the Mega Drive version.

Just a heads up: over the next week or so I won't spend much time at my computer during the day so any requests that need to be recorded in real time will take a lot longer than usual.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1287 View Post
    Heyo
    Can you rip this?
    - Alladin (DOS)
    - Lion King (DOS)
    - Epic Pinball (DOS)
    I currently don't take requests for DOS games. There might be a section for that system in the future, but I don't know when that will happen.

Grand Shriner
    Eon (C64) - Shmup with great music by Thomas Detert. One of the stage themes is only available in an emulated version as I don't have an original recording of that song.

Night Shift (Amiga) - Pretty cool puzzle platformer by Lucasfilm. The main theme is by Dave Lowe and has a very "industrial" feel to it.

Night Shift (C64) - The same tune converted for the SID chip, also by Dave Lowe.

Lions of the Universe (C64) - Late C64 shmup inspired by Armalyte. The music takes some cues from Gradius and Last Ninja 2.

Jack the Nipper (C64) - A game where you play as a toddler on his path of destruction, music by Ben Daglish.

Thing Bounces Back (C64) - The sequel to Thing on a Spring, the main theme is a Ben Daglish cover of the original Rob Hubbard tune.

Grand Shriner
    Wendetta 2175 (Amiga) - Mostly 90's techno with a hint of industrial. Pretty good stuff.

Cybernetix: The First Battle (Amiga) - Shmup inspired by Defender.

Forester (C64) - Single-screen platformer with bouncy music.

Skateboard Joust (C64) - Terrible game with great music by two guys called Tonal Teapot.

It's been a short while since I last requested something to you, nx666, but I might as well make the most of it.

- Batman (Arcade - By Atari. Uses midi-sounding versions of Danny Elman's excellent score from this classic film.)
    - Big Karnak (Arcade - Not related to Data East's Karnak. Rather, this takes place in Egypt, lol.)
    - Torvak the Warrior (Atari ST - I enjoyed the Amiga version's music so much that I want to request the SMS-sounding Atari ST version.)

That is all for now, nx666. Have a good week!!

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by KingTengu View Post
    It's been a short while since I last requested something to you, nx666, but I might as well make the most of it.

- Batman (Arcade - By Atari. Uses midi-sounding versions of Danny Elman's excellent score from this classic film.)
    - Big Karnak (Arcade - Not related to Data East's Karnak. Rather, this takes place in Egypt, lol.)
    - Torvak the Warrior (Atari ST - I enjoyed the Amiga version's music so much that I want to request the SMS-sounding Atari ST version.)

That is all for now, nx666. Have a good week!!
    I can do Batman and Torvak, but both require realtime ripping so you might have to wait a bit longer than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by nx666 View Post
    I can do Batman and Torvak, but both require realtime ripping so you might have to wait a bit longer than usual.
    No problem.

Grand Shriner
    Hades Nebula (C64) - Very difficult game with Ben Daglish music. I don't think I ever made it past stage 3 without cheats.

Y-Out (C64) - The main theme sounds a little bit like the title music from Turrican 2.

Netherworld (C64) - Heavy metal with sampled guitar and drums.

Dream Warrior (C64) - Fairly innovative mix of action platformer and shmup. The spacey music is by Anthony Lees.

Hi, nx666. Thanks for your hard work. Here are some new requests:

Rad Mobile (Arcade)
    Metal Force (PC-98, Speaker Board addition)
    Variable Geo 1 (PC-98)
    -> [Hidden link. Register to see links.] <-

Grand Shriner
    A few more games with David Whittaker music:

Poltergeist (C64) - Not based on the movie, a neat little Defender-inspired shmup with a Gradius weapon system.

BMX Simulator (C64) - I think this was the first in Codemasters' "simulator" series.

Ball Crazy (C64) - Weird mix of reverse Arkanoid and Wizball.

Slaine (C64) - A game based on a British comic with atmospheric music.

Dizzy (C64) - The first Dizzy game, the music is a conversion of the original Spectrum soundtrack.

Storm (C64) - I think this was also a Spectrum port, although the music is original. Never played that game, looks a little bit like Gauntlet.

Grand Shriner
    Six more games with music composed by David Dunn:

Flight Path 737: Advanced Pilot Trainer (C64) - Classical-inspired track from 1984, you'd never think this is the music for a flight simulator.

Jump Jet (C64) - I think this was also some sort of flight simulator.

Thai Boxing (C64) - Muay Thai fighting game with isometric graphics.

Night Racer (C64) - Racing game similar to Pit Stop / Pole Position.

Jet Bike Simulator (C64) - One of the many Codemasters top-down racing games.

Advanced Pinball Simulator (C64) - One of his last compositions on the C64, also one of my favorite David Dunn tunes.

...and one request:

Rad Mobile (Arcade)

Grand Shriner
    Infernal Runner (C64) - Lode Runner meets Saw: a platformer with plenty of gore and violent death-animations. The weirdly hypnotic music is actually a pretty good fit for this game.

Heartland (C64) - An early Keith Tinman composition. The sound design is a bit simple, but it has a nice little melody.

F1 Simulator (C64) - Music with sampled instruments by Charles Deenen. I think this is an unreleased game.

Hyperbowl (C64) - Pretty cool futuristic sports game, plays like a mix of hockey and Asteroids. The music is by David Whittaker.

Knight Tyme (C64) - Another Whittaker soundtrack. This action-adventure is the sequel to Finders Keepers and Spellbound. The music doesn't actually play in-game unless you equip a radio.

4x4 Off-Road Racing (C64) - Rally game by Epyx.

And finally, I found some time to do a few requests:

Batman (Arcade) - FM renditions of the Danny Elfman movie score

Metal Force (PC-9801,OPN,86,SpeakBoard) - This had been posted before, new is the addition of the SpeakBoard version of the soundtrack.

Grand Shriner
    First Strike (C64) - 3D shmup, much better than the official After Burner ports. Music by Mark Cooksey.

Hyperion 2 (C64) - An unreleased game that has recently resurfaced. Matt Gray did the music for the intro.

Ikkiuchi (C64) - Fighting game with far eastern music.

Highlander (C64) - A cover of Queen's "A Kind of Magic" by Martin Galway, which was the credits theme of the movie.

Lazer-Force (C64) - Shmup with music by David Whittaker

Fairlight: A Prelude (C64) - Isometric action-adventure with ZX Spectrum graphics.

Grand Shriner
    I have 2 request: 1: Fangs: The Saga of Wolf Blood for the PC-88 and 2: Noble Mind for the X68000
    Last edited by Sharrif001; 11-01-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Grand Shriner
    Torvak the Warrior (Atari ST) - AY version of the Amiga music, both soundtracks were composed by Matt Furniss.

Variable Geo (PC-9801,OPNA) - Fighting game with an all-female cast.

Asterix and the Magic Cauldron (C64) - Asterix games always seem to have good music and this soundtrack (composed by Neil Brennan) is no exception.

Cosmic Storm (C64) - This is a game that came bundled with a lightgun, the music is by Geoff Follin.

Dynamoid (C64) - Some of my favorite Thomas Detert tunes, kinda crazy that this is the soundtrack to what is essentially a simple Pong clone.

Battle Valley (C64) - The original version of this soundtrack, composed by Jeroen Tel.

Quote Originally Posted by nx666 View Post
    Torvak the Warrior (Atari ST) - AY version of the Amiga music, both soundtracks were composed by Matt Furniss.
    Thank you very much, nx666!!

If my understanding about the PC-9801 is correct, then I have a few requests:

Monopoly - Westwood is the Publisher.

Family Game Pack - New World Computing is the Pubilsher. Only the Cards and Vegas game portions, please.

Trophy Bass - Sierra is the Publisher.

Please and thanks in advance. Feel free to use what's most comfortable to you.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

My ultimate game soundtrack request: Master of Monsters: Disciples of Gaia (complete soundtrack) - Ongoing almost 20 years now, this was one of my favorite soundtracks growing up. If ANYONE can rip the entire soundtrack, which is about 30 tracks, I will be eternally grateful. Even though it would be a fleeting dream at this point...

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by aces4839 View Post
    If my understanding about the PC-9801 is correct, then I have a few requests:

Monopoly - Westwood is the Publisher.

Family Game Pack - New World Computing is the Pubilsher. Only the Cards and Vegas game portions, please.

Trophy Bass - Sierra is the Publisher.

Please and thanks in advance. Feel free to use what's most comfortable to you.
    I think these are all Windows games, and I currently don't take requests for that platform. Monopoly seems to be a MIDI soundtrack by Frank Klepacki that I haven't heard yet though, so I might look into it anyway. If it's easy to rip I will post it here.

They all should be since the files are on disc.

I got some new arcade shmup game OST requests for you, nx666!!

- Sky Soldiers (An old SNK game developed by ADK. I prefer the OST to be in it's original non-sped up state, if you can. If not, the slightly sped up version will do.)
    - SRD Mission (An old school shmup by Taito)
    - Thundercade (Despite being released by Taito, the game was actually developed by Seta, judging by their spritework, lol.)

Well, I hope these will be easy to do. Have a good day, nx666!

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by aces4839 View Post
    They all should be since the files are on disc.
    Just had a look and Trophy Bass is also MIDI, so I can do that as well. I couldn't find a disk image for Family Game Pack though.

I see. I found one on ebay, though. Used search terms "family game pack pc".
    Last edited by aces4839; 11-04-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Grand Shriner
    I created a new "Misc." section with soundtracks for platforms that are currently outside of the scope of this thread. I don't have anywhere else to put them and I don't want to create a new thread for this either. Please note that I do not take requests for the systems in this section, the exception being GM soundtracks of course.

Monopoly (Windows) - Mix of jazzy bar music and ragtime by Frank Klepacki. Some really good arrangements, this sort of music is a fairly good fit for GM. Recorded with a Roland SC-88.

Trophy Bass (Windows) - A handful of nice tunes with acoustic guitar. Recorded with a Roland SC-88

Asterix: The Gallic War (Windows) - I previously posted this in ruiner's thread. Great stuff.

And one non-Windows request:

Fangs: The Saga of Wolf Blood (PC-8801,OPNA) - Enix rpg. Some of the tracks have percussion that sounds like it doesn't really belong there. For that reason, alternate versions without drums are included as well. I don't know who composed this, might have been Izuru Aki but I'm not sure.

Grand Shriner
    Noble Mind (X68000) - Rpg by Alfa System

Arcus III (PC-9801) - The third game in this Wolfteam series, the music is by Motoi Sakuraba and Ryota Furuya.

To Be On Top (C64) - Mix of adventure, rhythm game, and sequencer. Not only did Chris Huelsbeck compose the music, he did the design and programming as well. Goal of the game is to create your own songs and make it to the top of the charts. Most of what you hear in the game is actually user-created music, but there is also a top 10 of Huelsbeck songs for the player to compete against.

Stümp (C64) - Adventure game with music by Markus Schneider.

Sky Soldiers (Arcade) - I'm not sure why there are two different versions of this soundtrack, but maybe that's just an emulation issue. I ended up using MAME as that seemed to be the slower version KingTengu was asking for.