Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781252 ... LastLast

Thread: nx666's Soundtrack-a-Ganza - Computer Edition (C64,Amiga,Atari,X68000,PC-88/98,etc.)

Grand Shriner
    Everything was doujin...

Kyuukyoku Senki Gikadiver (X68000) - Caravan-style shooter, like with most games of this type there are only a handful of songs. But what is there is pretty awesome.

XX-Files R (X68000) - Pretty cool '90s techno/house. The music driver here supports up to 8 PCM channels via software mixing which makes this sound very different from most other X68000 games.

Direct-X release.2 (X68000) - By the same composer as XX-Files R and in a similar style but with a more conventional use of the sound chip.

R+R (X68000) - Pretty solid horizontal shmup with a few nice tracks.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Check out my podcast: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    I have a couple of requests for Arcade games- Can you do the soundtracks of both of the Vasara games from Visco?

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolution01 View Post
    I have a couple of requests for Arcade games- Can you do the soundtracks of both of the Vasara games from Visco?
    They were requested before but there is currently no way (outside of hacking) to get to the music of these games.

Hello, nx666! My birthday is coming up this Thursday, so I want to request these three as a sort-of birthday present, lol! :P

- Blazing Tornado (Arcade - The sole Arcade game in the Fire Prowrestling series featuring the fictional wrestlers from Super Fire Prowrestling X!)
    - Macross Plus (Arcade - The third game in the Macross arcade series.)
    - Sengoku 2 (Arcade - The sequel to the first Sengoku.)

Well, I hope you have a great week, nx666!

Grand Shriner
    Ryu: Naki no Ryuu Yori (X68000) - Mahjong game based on a manga with music by the Wolfteam guys. This is mostly mellow "thinking" music.

Whale's Voyage (Amiga) - Sci-fi rpg/trading sim with a matching spacey soundtrack. Also included is the title track from the CD32 version.

Grand Shriner
    Ah. Ok then. Thanks.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by nx666 View Post
    Ryu: Naki no Ryuu Yori (X68000) - Mahjong game based on a manga with music by the Wolfteam guys. This is mostly mellow "thinking" music.

Whale's Voyage (Amiga) - Sci-fi rpg/trading sim with a matching spacey soundtrack. Also included is the title track from the CD32 version.
    WOLFTEAM does a great job on their soundtracks for the PC-98, Genesis and the X68000, thanks to Motoi Sakuraba. Speaking of WOLFTEAM, I have a request- Can you do the WHOLE Zan series of games that they have done on the PC-98 for soundtracks?

Here is a list of all of them:
    Zan: Kagerou no Toki (1989)
    Zan: Yasha no Embyukyoku (1990)
    Zan 2: Kagerou no Jidai (1991)
    Zan 2: Kagerou no Jidai Soshuhen (expansion pack) (1992)
    Zan 3: Tenun Ware ni Ari (1993)

I know this is past your limit of 3 at a time, but just try your best when you get around to doing it if you have the time. Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by Evolution01; 10-06-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Grand Shriner
    WOLFTEAM does a great job on their soundtracks for the PC-98, Genesis and the X68000, thanks to Motoi Sakuraba. Speaking of WOLFTEAM, I have a request- Can you do the WHOLE Zan series of games that they have done on the PC-98 for soundtracks?

Here is a list of all of them:
    Zan: Kagerou no Toki (1989)
    Zan: Yasha no Embyukyoku (1990)
    Zan 2: Kagerou no Jidai (1991)
    Zan 2: Kagerou no Jidai Soshuhen (expansion pack) (1992)
    Zan 3: Tenun Ware ni Ari (1993)

I know this is past your limit of 3 at a time, but just try your best when you get around to doing it if you have the time. Thanks a bunch.
    I'll see what I can do. I had these soundtracks plus a bunch of other Wolfteam games in my backlog anyway.

Grand Shriner
    I'll see what I can do. I had these soundtracks plus a bunch of other Wolfteam games in my backlog anyway.
    Does that also include the X68000 version of Gaudi: Barcelona no Kaze?

Grand Shriner
    Sengoku 2 (Arcade) - By Yasuo Yamate, this is a mix of dramatic orchestra stuff with traditional Japanese music.

Blazing Tornado (Arcade) - Also released as Fire Pro Gaiden on the Saturn. Recording this via M1 was a pretty messy affair and I had to remove quite a few pops and clicks manually. Let me know if I missed anything.

KingTengu, you may download these soundtracks now, but you are not allowed to unzip them until Thursday.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Does that also include the X68000 version of Gaudi: Barcelona no Kaze?
    Yes, it does. And about 10 others, there are quite a few good Wolfteam soundtracks that I have never seen a complete rip of. But this is by no means the only backlog I have

Grand Shriner
    [B]
    Yes, it does. And about 10 others, there are quite a few good Wolfteam soundtracks that I have never seen a complete rip of. But this is by no means the only backlog I have
    Awesome- I wish WOLFTEAM never went under. But they did, thanks to Tales of Phantasia and Telenet's meddling.

OMG, Direct-X is godlike!

Grand Shriner
    Liberator (Atari ST) - A Wally Beben soundtrack. I need to post more of his Atari music, he did some pretty cool stuff on that system.

Logical (Atari ST) - A handful of great tunes, also completely different from the Amiga version.

Jupiter Probe (Atari ST) - Early Atari ST shooter. This is one of the few Rob Hubbard soundtracks on the ST.

Macross Plus (Arcade) - Shmup by Banpresto, this would actually be pretty good if it wasn't for the low sound quality.

Zero Master-Striker (X68000) - Another caravan shooter. I had to rip this one using an emulator, and I'm not 100% sure if I got all the songs. The music itself is ok, but not nearly as good as some of the soundtracks I posted the other day.

Could you do Extase (Amiga, Atari ST)?

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Knivesman View Post
    Could you do Extase (Amiga, Atari ST)?
    The in-game music of the Amiga version is interactive and the sfx are kinda part of it as well. I think the only way I could do this justice is to record a few minutes of gameplay for each stage. The ST version seems to have the exact same title music but only sfx in-game, so it wouldn't really add anything new.

That's a great game btw and totally unique as well. Looks like a puzzle game but plays more like an rts. Such an [Hidden link. Register to see links.], a true work of art.

Grand Shriner
    Well, I looked into the Konami M2 thing, and.... yeah, looks like I'll have to put that on hold for now. They're still not playable in MAME, and while there apparently is a way to patch those arcade games to play them in 3DO emulators, it doesn't seem to be too reliable a method from what I've gathered. So yeah, M2 rips still don't seem feasible at the moment.

Putting that aside, I'd like to make three new requests, all shmups for the PC-98: Galt Rio, Last Breakers, and Net Guardian. I'm not entirely sure, but I think all of these are doujin titles (I'm definitely aware that Net Guardian is). Thanks in advance for looking into them!
    Interested in obscure VGM? [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelB View Post
    Well, I looked into the Konami M2 thing, and.... yeah, looks like I'll have to put that on hold for now. They're still not playable in MAME, and while there apparently is a way to patch those arcade games to play them in 3DO emulators, it doesn't seem to be too reliable a method from what I've gathered. So yeah, M2 rips still don't seem feasible at the moment.
    I had a look at two of the games and in both cases you could probably rip the music directly from disc. But I couldn't find any tools that can reliable extract data from an M2 cd image. They must exist though, as people have been able to convert them to 3DO M2 images.

Check out my VGM Podcast - PixelTunes Radio! ruiner9's Avatar
    I use a program called "uncd-rom" to extract 3DO images. Perhaps the file system is the same?
    Visit my thread at [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for tons of goodies!

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by ruiner9 View Post
    I use a program called "uncd-rom" to extract 3DO images. Perhaps the file system is the same?
    If I remember correctly I already failed creating the 3DO M2 image in the first place. All I have are the MAME chd files but I wasn't able to convert them with any of the tools I used.

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 AM ----------

Leavin' Teramis (Atari ST) - The original version of this game, composed by Jochen Hippel. Great stuff.

Mr. Do! Run Run (Atari ST) - By Wally Beben, this does not cover the arcade soundtrack.

Extase (Amiga) - A game with pretty interesting sound design: all the in-game tracks are interactive and react to what the player is doing. I recorded a few minutes of music for each stage, if somebody has any suggestions on how this could be improved, let me know. The "music" is by Stéphane Picq and pretty esoteric stuff with lots of crazy samples.

Wonder Dog (Amiga) - Great mix of funk and acid jazz by Martin Iveson.

Zan: Kagerou no Toki (X68000) - The first game in the Zan series. The music is by Masaaki Uno and Motoi Sakuraba, I ended up doing the X68000 version which sounds a bit better than either of the PC-98 soundtracks.

Hello, nx666! I forgot to say it, but I downloaded the osts that I requested from you today and opened them up. Thanks for such a wonderful "present".

Thanks for explanataion and recording!

Grand Shriner
    Sorry, no time for write-ups today. Here is a bunch of Steve Barrett soundtracks for the weekend.

Bigfoot (C64)

Fast Food! (C64)

Grand Prix Simulator II (C64)

Professional Ski Simulator (C64)

Tarzan Goes Ape! (C64)

Odysseus: Trojan Warrior (C64)

Ultimate Combat Mission (C64)

Thanks, nx666. Here are new requests:

Heavy Unit (Arcade)
    Super Formula / Tail-to-Nose (Arcade)
    Drift Out (Arcade)

I wish you the best of luck.
    -> [Hidden link. Register to see links.] <-

Grand Shriner
    Galt-Rio: Maximum Position (PC-9801) - Shmup that probably has more story sequences than actual gameplay. The music is pretty good though.

Net Guardian (PC-9801) - According to the credits the music here was "borrowed from famous games". Ok, there are quite a few tracks that sound suspiciously familiar. Apparently this was made with some sort of construction kit and maybe the music was not specifically written for this game? That would also explain the huge number of unused songs I found on the disk. These concerns aside, there are lot of really good tracks included here.

Last Breakers: Gray Nova Aggression (PC-9801, OPNA) - A game by CO2-Pro, the guys who made Flame Zapper Kotsujin. The music is not nearly as good though and, for whatever reason, this OPNA version sounds exactly like the OPN soundtrack.

Kagake Kira Kira Senshi Risky Jewel (PC-9801) - Adventure game by Natsume. The music is by Masaharu Kajihara and Ryu Umemoto

Hello, nx666!! Got some new requests for you today!

- Hook (Arcade - A fairly well-done beat-em-up based on the classic Speilsburg film by Irem.)
    - Solitary Fighter (Arcade - The sequel... or rather, redux of Violence Fight, albeit with different music than the first game.)
    - Superior Soldiers (Arcade - Irem's answer to Street Fighter II, lol.)

I'm got a few more requests up my sleeve this week, but I will wait until these are done. Anyways, have a good day, nx666!!