Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Adventure 1&2 ~Original Sound Versions~ [3DMAN's Work]

Shriner
    Out of curiosity, since it's almost been a year since you released these soundtracks, do you think you can make a Sonic Heroes Original Sound Version this year?

Yellow Diamond's Pearl HunterTech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperEthanWorld View Post
    Out of curiosity, since it's almost been a year since you released these soundtracks, do you think you can make a Sonic Heroes Original Sound Version this year?
    It's been a while since he's done anything, so who knows when it gets done.

Grand Shriner
    UPDATE:

-Re-Uploaded with marginally clearer sound quality.
    -Minor tagging/ordering fixes as pointed out by earlier posts.
    -Fixed a fade-out problem with «Tornado ...for Windy Valley", added «Open Your Heart (Demo Ver.)» and removed «It Doesn't Matter ('08 ReArranged)» for being indistinguishable from the original song.

Also the Sonic Heroes OSV is now available.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Last edited by 3DMan; 06-10-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Yellow Diamond's Pearl HunterTech's Avatar
    Thanks for your continual updates. I would like to ask: In what way is the sound improved? Also, would you include the Sonic Adventure Music Experience remakes once better copies surface?
    Last edited by HunterTech; 06-11-2016 at 01:23 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterTech View Post
    Thanks for your continual updates. I would like to ask: In what way is the sound improved? Also, would you include the Sonic Adventure Music Experience remakes once better copies surface?
    About the former I found a way to make it sound clear without being too loud at times. Now about the latter I have yet to decide.
    Last edited by 3DMan; 06-11-2016 at 01:45 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Thank you.

Banned
    Thanks !!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DMan View Post
    About the former I found a way to make it sound clear without being too loud at times. Now about the latter I have yet to decide.
    So you edited the tracks then, not a straight source conversion?

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    So you edited the tracks then, not a straight source conversion?
    The music tracks were only edited, in lossless format that is, for overall length. The tracks themselves come from the game files and from the many official soundtracks.

Originally I applied a slight sound gain to them, but I found an option on Dbpoweramp to assure good stereo without being too high on the sound volume.

Onion Kid
    Mad respect for creating this, 3DMan. However, there's still a few missing tracks for Sonic Adventure 1.

The shortened instrumental versions of the character songs that plays during story events aren't here, as well as chorus only versions of the character songs that play during the "How To Play" screens. There's also a highly shortened version of Open Your Heart in a similar vein in the main menu that isn't here.

YouTube playlist that has all of said songs, excluding the Main Menu version of Open Your Heart and the redundant addition of the Final Boss version of Open Your Heart:

Page of MP3 downloads of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles' Event Themes from SoaH City:

They might be a tad redundant, since they are just the instrumental versions of the songs just shortened, but I'd like them on here anyway, for completion's sake.

In addition, there's two very short jingles not here: The little 1UP jingle that's originally the Chaos Emerald Jingle in previous game (e.g. Sonic 3 & Knuckles), and the little humming Character Upgrade jingle. I suppose the latter might be considered a sound effect, but I think it's something.

Don't lead to a bad site use the gamefile instead like these : [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Also the shorted version as you mentioned is "2-35 Open Your Heart [Final Boss Battle] Perfect Chaos ~Phase I~"
    Pokemon Music Extended (In Work) (Main Series) (NO FREAKING YouTube CONVERSION)

Part 1

Part 2

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector Harbor View Post
    Don't lead to a bad site use the gamefile instead like these : [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Okay, fair enough. Here's direct links to the songs from SoaH City. Dunno why it's considered a bad site, I've used it for years and years as a download site and have been fine, but whatever.

Also the shorted version as you mentioned is "2-35 Open Your Heart [Final Boss Battle] Perfect Chaos ~Phase I~"
    I just popped in both my Dreamcast and Gamecube copies of SA1 and listened to the main menu theme. While the version you're talking about uses the first and second verse and the second version of the chorus ("Open your heart, and you'll see~") and also loops, the version I'm talking about goes right for the first version of the chorus ("Open your ear, it's gonna be alright.") and then fades out, no loop.

Also, "[Event] Strain" actually loops in-game. Is that enough reason for a Game Ver. track?

MP3 format...how you gonna make those thing in flac ? Oh yeah you can't and also the sample rate sucks...128 Kbps...REALLY ??? No

Onion Kid
    (Sorry for not saying this earlier)

Thanks a bunch for these. I now have a back-up if 3DMan decides it's not worth it.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

MP3 format...how you gonna make those thing in flac ? Oh yeah you can't and also the sample rate sucks...128 Kbps...REALLY ??? No
    Yeah, they're kinda sucky. View them as just another possible source to get it. An example of the songs.

But as for converting into FLAC... I use Audacity if such a need arrives.

Don't lead to a bad site
    There's is nothing wrong with the site he linked (soahcity)
    Reqs:
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] SONIC ADVENTURE MUSIC EXPERIENCE
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] SONIC ADVENTURE MUSIC EXPERIENCE vol.2

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] SONIC HEROES Original Soundtrack 20th Anniversary Edition
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] Work It Out from SONIC R

Did you upscale the game ripped tracks to 44100hz? If I remember correctly the source files were only 32000hz.

Onion Kid
    Wow many many many thanks! You're hard work will not go unnoticed!

Onion Kid
    Thank you

Grand Shriner
    Thank you!

Grand Shriner
    3DMan, you are awesome. Thanks for your work in bringing us the highest-quality Sonic music. As a big Sonic fan myself, I salute you.

Streets of Rage Walker Rageplay's Avatar
    SA2 is my favourite game of all-time so it's nice to see this. :-)
    Thanks!!

Shriner
    Thanks!

Onion Kid
    Blast from the dreamcast past, Thank you!

I hope she made lotsa spaghetti! mariofan12ify's Avatar
    Would you consider doing an OSV for Yooka-Laylee?

Reupload?