Thread: Occurian Sympathizers (or did Man need the guiding "hand" of the gods?)

The Worst Meme before Meme Culture DE GRANDE FREAK's Avatar

Occurian Sympathizers (or did Man need the guiding "hand" of the gods?)

The Occurians, for all their power and control, relied a ton on mortal influences. Was Occurian influence for the best? Could Ashe had been a Dynast Queen? I'm sure if they didn't try and manipulate her and asked nicely she would have done it. Thoughts on these mysterious and perfect otherworldly beings?

-DGF
    You can't kill a meme
    -Me, probably

The Occurians never made any sense to me at all. It just seemed like a convenient way to bring in a stupid multi-stage boss battle at the end and/or not make it entirely Vayne's fault that he was fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1982_tarheels View Post
    Reddas is the guy who got his brains blown out by Travolta in the backseat of Jules' car.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRay View Post
    Oh, now i get it...

Your Posts aren't meant to be ironic... You actually think you're funny....
    I fucking hate FFShrine.

The Worst Meme before Meme Culture DE GRANDE FREAK's Avatar
    You do make a valid point. Throughout the entire Ivalice Alliance, the Occuria weren't really so—prevalent as far as fully explained mythos goes. They are supposed to be the god figure of the world, but they don't feel so much like gods in the deification sense. Nobody worships Occuria or makes pilgrimages to Giruvegan (as bad of an idea that would be for the average person). So, honestly, maybe I'd be more satisfied and this topic wouldn't exist if there was just more expounding on the Occuria.