Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DMG Sound Series - Game Boy Hardware Soundtrack Rips [FLAC/MP3 320kbps]

Hey, when are you gonna rip Super Mario Land 2? That's my favorite game of all time!
    "Wait, what's a signature?"

Quote Originally Posted by Marigio300 View Post
    Hey, when are you gonna rip Super Mario Land 2? That's my favorite game of all time!
    I'm also this is my favourite game and for me the best game on Game Boy Today i have this cartrigde to Game Boy Classic

The Absolute GOD of Hyperdeath! ultramario1998's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm going to have to second this request as well, unfortunately. The world needs more ML2.

GB/FC Real-Hardware Ripper Shugo Takahashi's Avatar
    SML2 is def on the list, don't worry. As I've said before, all the games featured in the compilation albums are ones I would like to do full rips of at some point.

I feel you with the finals thing (I'm not in college yet, but still), it's a busy time of year, but oh my LORD I cannot wait for GSC! Having RBY, Shantae, and now GSC in this amazing quality stuff is like a dream come true. Still loving all of the albums that are up now, can't wait for it. Thanks so much for all the work!

Quote Originally Posted by Shugo Takahashi View Post

Pokémon (1996)
    Includes all tracks from Red/Green/Blue and Yellow Versions. Also includes all of the Pikachu voice clips.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] (MEGA)
    Thank you so much for this. Cannot wait for GSC!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | Star Wars [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.], [Hidden link. Register to see links.] & [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

amazing! thank you!! by no means a request, it would be great to see this treatment done to the first two game boy castlevania games as well. but i'll take what i can get from you! this is so cool tyyyy!!!

Late reply, but Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge had some kickass tunes for Game Boy.

EDIT: Forgot to push the "Reply with Quote" button.

Late reply, but Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge had some kickass tunes for Game Boy.

EDIT: Forgot to push the "Reply with Quote" button.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

More Gameboy Soundtrack : [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Pokemon Music Extended (In Work) (Main Series) (NO FREAKING YouTube CONVERSION)

Part 1

Part 2

Thank you, Vector Harbor. However, I was telling the original poster that those would benefit from a DMG Sound Series treatment. Shugo, would you consider it?

Thank you, Vector Harbor. However, I was telling the original poster that those would benefit from a DMG Sound Series treatment. Shugo, would you consider it?
    This is the best way for ripping gameboy music.

Sure! It'll be a while until I do requests, though. As I've said before, I'd like to do all my personal favorites before I move on to requests. And as I'm sure everyone here knows, I'm not the fastest worker. :P Stick around for when that happens, though, because once I start ripping from games I've never played myself, I will need help from others to tag and arrange the songs into a proper album.

I have been working on the project again lately, though. Pokemon GSC is coming quite soon! It's taken so long because it's over 100 tracks, but I'm finally almost finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Harbor View Post
    This is the best way for ripping gameboy music.
    This is subjective. It's certainly the easiest way, but most (if not all) GB sound emulators (such as GBS players and media plugins) do not accurately recreate the sound that comes out of an actual Game Boy. I listen to GB soundtracks often, and I got tired of the subpar emulation in the various GBS players and other rips already floating around. I got a flashcart and switched to listening from a real GB, and I can't go back. The difference is huge. So I started recording from my GB so I didn't need to carry it around anymore, and it birthed this project.

Yeah but this archive doesn't not contains recording emulation it the original files himself which is better that recording..wanna know how to convert ?

Here grab foobar and those component : [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Yeah but this archive doesn't not contains recording emulation it the original files himself which is better that recording..wanna know how to convert ?

Here grab foobar and those component : [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Thank you, but I already have the GBS rips for many games. They are what I use to make my recordings. I load them onto a real Game Boy system and play them back through the sound chip.

Thank you, but I already have the GBS rips for many games. They are what I use to make my recordings. I load them onto a real Game Boy system and play them back through the sound chip.
    Yeah but recording the music from a real Game Boy make the music sound with high pitched

Here a sample of the battle theme from Pokemon blue : [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Yeah but recording the music from a real Game Boy make the music sound with high pitched

Here a sample of the battle theme from Pokemon blue : [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Like I said, it is subjective. Some people prefer the real hardware, since it is indisputably the authentic sound. Ripping from emulation can be cleaner and easier, but it will ultimately always be flawed in some way compared to the real thing. I grew up playing Game Boy with headphones, so I'm accustomed to and prefer the real thing. I started this project mainly for myself, so I'm going to keep doing it as long as I have the time and interest. If people want emulated rips, they can easily find them elsewhere.

Shriner
    Glad to see you're still alive, Shugo. Very much looking forward to GSC!

Hype for GSC is real!!!! No more emulated rip! Finally my HQ Pokemon music soundtrack collection will be complete! Thanks again, Shugo!

hey, check this out:

Pokémon Gold, Silver, & Crystal Versions in Mono (2000)

Presenting: Pokémon GSC. At last, one of the games I've wanted to do since the start of the project. Weighing in at over 100 tracks, it's the largest album I've done yet. I even properly tagged all composer and artist data for every track, since the HGSS Super Music Collection contains that info.

This release also marks the debut of a new album cover art style that I've designed. I plan on redoing all past releases with this new style. I'll be sure to upload an "update pack" for anyone who wants the updated covers without having to re-download every album.

But wait, there's more! Notice I'm calling this release "in Mono". That's right, I'm already underway with re-ripping the entire game in stereo mode. All the timing and tagging work is already done in the mono version, so the stereo version won't take nearly as long. I believe the games were originally composed in mono, since the stereo mode just uses artificial channel separation (which isn't that good, in my opinion). So I did the mono version first since that's what I personally wanted. But I know some other people prefer the stereo version. I have both the mono and stereo sound data rips, so I might as well use them.

Enjoy, and Play It Loud!
    Last edited by Shugo Takahashi; 07-02-2016 at 03:29 AM.

OH MY LORD YOU HAVE MY EVERY THANKS!
    Seriously though, you doing this and Shantae is a dream come true. Now I have two of my favorite soundtracks ever, in a quality I can actually listen to (Not emulator rip).
    Keep up this amazing work. Thanks a million!
    (>'-')> Hiiiiiiii!!! <('-'<)
    ^( '-' )^

Grand Shriner
    Beautiful, thank you so much Shugo!

Pokémon Gold, Silver, & Crystal Versions (2000)
    Thank you so much for this!

Thanks a lot!

Dude, thanks for Gold and Silver. Pokemon GO is gonna be A LOT more enjoyable now!

I've updated Pokemon RBY with better tags as well as new cover art to match GSC's. GSC has also gotten a minor update to correct the tags on one song, so re-download that if you really want to. The new download links are in the OP.

Here's the new RBY cover art if anyone just wants to get that without re-downloading the whole album (click for full-size):