Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STREET FIGHTER EX SERIES [LOSSLESS]

Thank you so damn much for the EX2+ files. With this I’m almost done with completing my EX series soundtrack collection
    I absolutely LOVE the arcade version of Digital Ignition. It’s hands down on my top 100 video game songs ever

You wouldn't happen to have the Street Fighter EX - Arrange Sound Trax in FLAC or MP3 320kbps would you?... or a website that has it as I have looked through multiple websites and I either can't find it or I come across dead links everywhere... I know it is already on this page but all the music is in one file and I prefer having separate files for the music... my last resort is to just convert the file into separate tracks myself if all else fails...

Sent you a PM. Check your inbox here

Since I like making people’s lives easier, use these links to look for more EX series music

Scitron thread: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

SFEX3 soundtrack: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

EX Layer Soundtrack (includes EX Layer, the original fighting layer, and EX 1 2 3
    console and arcade themes): [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I hope these will help people in the future! Reason why im doing this is because the OP’s links have slow download speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrangeMatty View Post
    For anyone who wants the SFEX2+ Arcade Soundtrack I have found two websites that have it:

1. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (This one has the music in VGZ format)

2. [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (This one has the music in 320kbps MP3 format)

To play and/or convert the music on the first website you will need the program foobar2000 with either the plugin vgmstream decoder and/or Game Emu Player installed...

To download the music on the second link you will need the program ALZip or any other program that is able to view/extract .alz files... also the music is split up into 10 files on the website so you will need to download all 10 files and then put them into a folder of your choice and then extract the .alz file and it then should extract the data from all 10 files into one .zip file which can then be extracted...
    You should note that for the second site, the looping for the tracks isn't consistent and have fade outs that are way too early. The OST provided on the second site isn't "complete" at all. As for the first site, is it supposed to sound this muffled? I swear they would sound tons cleaner... I guess I'll keep digging for more EX2+ arcade stuff in the meantime

Edit: okay so after digging and found some foobar components to alter playback of the vgz files from the first site, I'm getting close to getting a good rip of the SFEX2+ soundtrack. Will upload it once I'm satisfied with how it turns out, if at all. Trying to replicate the rip on site 2, but with little success so far. If anyone knows any good tools to convert and alter the output of .vgz file that'd be awesome
    Last edited by c4dude3; 11-21-2018 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by c4dude3 View Post
    You should note that for the second site, the looping for the tracks isn't consistent and have fade outs that are way too early. The OST provided on the second site isn't "complete" at all. As for the first site, is it supposed to sound this muffled? I swear they would sound tons cleaner... I guess I'll keep digging for more EX2+ arcade stuff in the meantime

Edit: okay so after digging and found some foobar components to alter playback of the vgz files from the first site, I'm getting close to getting a good rip of the SFEX2+ soundtrack. Will upload it once I'm satisfied with how it turns out, if at all. Trying to replicate the rip on site 2, but with little success so far. If anyone knows any good tools to convert and alter the output of .vgz file that'd be awesome
    Yeah I also realised that the music on the second site sounded a lot cleaner than the first site which was weird... and yeah the songs do end to early which sucks but those were the only two sites that I could find the music on as the music was never officially released in High Quality on CD like the first EX2 was... if you are able to rip and upload it yourself that would be awesome and I will also try to do some more digging as well to see if I can find this music anywhere else and also see if I can find any good tools to convert/alter the .vgz files... also a thing to note about the .vgz file is that it seems to be a compressed version of the .vgm format so maybe that's why the music doesn't sound the cleanest??... not 100% sure on that but the developers themselves used .vgz on the game itself so unless they release the music officially like they did with the original EX2 it may not be possible to get it to sound 100% clean but I'm not to sure...

glad that you're also digging too. I'm restless and hell bent on getting a clean rip of the tracks like the EX2+ arcade version of Digital Ignition

Quote Originally Posted by c4dude3 View Post
    glad that you're also digging too. I'm restless and hell bent on getting a clean rip of the tracks like the EX2+ arcade version of Digital Ignition
    OK so I may have figured out how the person on the second link I provided got the music from EX2 Plus... they most likely used the program bridgem1 or something similar to load the EX2 Plus MAME rom and then record the music directly on that program... I actually just tested it out before and is sounds just like how he uploaded it... basically it sounds better than the first link with the .vgz files... I think what the person did though was just use the default settings on the program which seems to only play the songs for 1 minute and 45 seconds or something along those lines... you can actually change this on the settings of the program as well as the fade out time as well... I may have to use this method to get some of the EX2 Plus songs as my digging so far has failed so this may be the only way to get these songs in decent quality and also decent play times on them as well...

Any efforts you can do to provide any form of the OST in lossy or lossless is good enough by this point

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] There you guys go you can find it in flac there your welcome and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior123 View Post
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] There you guys go you can find it in flac there your welcome and enjoy
    again, this release is missing tracks

oh I'm sorry I'll look for another if I can. if i do I'll post it. I have been digging for a while and I'm itching to get my hands on the rest of the tracks. I don't see why they didn't include them.If they would have life would be easier. A second ex+ album would be nice. the one i sent doesn't even have the rest of the ex+a songs so that album was kind of useless. well I'll also keep searching. I came across those same two websites in my efforts once, especially VGM rips they have almost every arcade game from the 80's-90's. Thanks for the heads up though and Good Luck.
    Last edited by Warrior123; 11-30-2018 at 03:44 PM.

alright, so I think we've hit the jackpot. I finally got a way to replicate the rips on site 2 and have a plan. With some software I found I'm able to output the files into .wav and custom loop the songs as I see fit. I plan on outputting them to .wav 48,000Hz and converting them to flac and fully tagging them with composer information, year, etc.. I'm using rips on youtube I found as a base of how they will be looped and recorded.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Sounds Good! Cant wait to see what comes out of it. I was going to do this myself.....but take it away C4dude3 work your magic.

I still encourage you to try and rip it yourself as well as I'm running into issues replicating it. I'll have my rip done in a week. Have a bunch of irl stuff going on