Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Official Thread

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Official Thread

Just when you thought it was safe...

Square Enix have announced today, along with the battery life and price specs of Sony's upcoming handheld the PlayStation Portable, yet ANOTHER Final Fantasy VII game.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Details are sketchy at the moment, but Final Fantasy VII fans seem to be getting what they asked for - in spades.

Xbox Live and PlayStation Network ID: RaidenexS
    Steam Community ID: Raidensoul

Yeah, you said it.

Like, I remember about a year ago (or whenever I first heard about Advent Children), there were all kinds of fuckin' rumors about "It's gonna be a sequal!" "No, it's gonna be a movie!" "Blah, blah blah, I'm retarded!" and, yeah, I was kinda pissed at first that I heard it was gonna be a movie and it kinda made me loose hope in getting to play more Final Fantasy VII-based games but Jesus... There's what; three Final Fantasy games coming? Plus the movie!? Wow, this is truely awesome.

Too bad it's not coming to America... <_>

(Actually, I don't know if it is or not. That's just my pesimistic (sp) prediction.)

dont step on roaches carebeareater's Avatar
    There are way too many FF7 spinoffs. It's almost sickening now how much this game is overrated.

Overrated? Psh, I bet all this shit is coming out because Square-Enix got a ba-jillion letters from FFVII fans saying they wanted more. Square is such a great company. ^_^

there only doing it for the money

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to hb smokey's Avatar
    There is only so much that a company can do with a game until I lose respect for it. Keep in mind though, that my respect for Square Enix was been fading quickly the past couple of years, and this only makes the drop plummet faster.

I can't say it enough: <B>I'm sick and tired of the FFVII series</B>.

Quote Originally Posted by DeMoN-mAn
    there only doing it for the money
    I think that's the idea with any sort of business... I mean... is it wrong to want money?

I don't really care that they're coming out with all this crap. It's not going to get old with me becausehalf of it isn't even coming out in America. And it's not like they aren't working on other titles.

I can see how they've kinda went all out on this FF VII thing, though.

WTF! Another FFVII spin-off? Jesus how many is Square-Enix going to make? Advent Child and Before Crisis were enough, now Dirge of Cerebus and this??? S-E needs to stop making sequels and focus on making the newer games better.
    Tch, Fine--Zell Dincht of FFVIII

Man, I do SO very much love the FFVII game...I was so very excited when I heard about Advent Children...Advent Children was enough. Before Crisis seemed okay, and Dirge of Cerebus kinda wore out the charm and appeal of continuous FF sequels/ spin-offs. But this new one...it's just wrecking the prestige that FFVII has. Anyone who thinks this series of events is totally awesome has no idea what they're talking about. I'm hoping someway, somehow that Square will redeem themselves for doing this.
    Weapons of Choice: Barrett M82A1/M107, TDI Kriss, Ka-Bar Straight-Edge Bowie Knife

Back in Action? We'll see.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom, and the enemy of growth." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Master of the House, Keeper of the Zoo
    Now, I truly have to by the PSP

they hav gone 2 far with final fantasy 7 now it shud of been kept as ff7, ff7 :advent children

Thanks Kienshin

My Space:

Releasing this exclusively for the PSP, all the fans just wanting to play this game will have to buy one.

I agree this has gone way too far. I'm a fan of FF7, one of my favourite games of all. I would've been happy for a game sequel, but after finding out about the movie, I was disappointed, but still happy with it.

Then oh, they decide to release a mobile game. So I thought, ok thats enough. I'd rather them remake FF7 (just make it more graphically appealing) than come up with this.

Then Dirge of Cerberus comes focusing on Vincent. I haven't bothered into looking into this game at all. It really doesn't appeal to me.

Now they have this. I honestly couldn't give a damn.

To me, they've ruined the whole FF7 package. I knew they didn't want to do anything to the original game cause they didn't want to ruin it. But releasing three extra games and a movie ruins it more than a remake would have. I think anyway.

I now feel forced to play these games since they're part of FF7 and I don't want to miss out on any storyline elements, even if I don't like the games themselves.

Wanna get a petition and send it to Square-Enix and tell them to just REMAKE the game with better graphics and music and gameplay and nothing more? i'm sure that there are enough FFVII fans that feel this way.

This is a thread about Crisis Core, not a 'bitch about Square Enix because they gave us what we wanted' thread.

For crying out loud - it's bloody typical of people. Ever since 1997 people have been demanding more FF7, and Square gives us more FF7, and people complain before they even get a chance. Who's to say that Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core won't be good games? Wait until they're released before passing judgement.

FF7 was a legend, and then people kept wanting more of it , which made it somewhat boring.... sooo many dam spinoffs. But square's a great company, cant blame them for giving what we asked for.

i dreamt i was a moron!-Squall
    IT WAS A DREAM? lol

Yes, I'm ancient! Aerith Gainsborough's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dru
    Overrated? Psh, I bet all this shit is coming out because Square-Enix got a ba-jillion letters from FFVII fans saying they wanted more. Square is such a great company. ^_^
    Yeah right. They just smell money, that's it.

And FF- The movie was a big flop. They lost a lot of money, and they had to do something, to get it back somehow.

Thanks to Lunatic HighVII for this lovely sig.

My Forum Family:
    Husband: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Daughter: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Son: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Brother: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Man, I hear they're coming out with a Final Fantasy XII!!! What the fuck!? Another Final Fantasy!? Square-Enix really needs to get rid of this Final Fantasy line of games and focus on making better ones! Damn! How annoying!

-_-

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith Gainsborough
    Yeah right. They just smell money, that's it.

And FF- The movie was a big flop. They lost a lot of money, and they had to do something, to get it back somehow.
    And this Final Fantasy VII stream is supposed to make up for that? What the hell? If anything, it looks like Square is trying out a bunch of new ideas, which, I would assume, is a risk in the business market. How do they know for sure if a completely new idea is going to make money? Do you know how well the PSP has done (if it even has done well at all)? How many PSP games has Square made?

Unhappy

I thought FFX and X-2 were supposed to make up the losses of FF:Sprits Within. But if it's true that there using FFVII spinoffs to pay off thier losses the nS-E is in more money trouble then I thought.

OMG yes thank the lord!!!!

Sig by Relestial
    "sometimes the answers just come crashing
    down from heavan" Nicholas D Wolfwood

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenex
    This is a thread about Crisis Core, not a 'bitch about Square Enix because they gave us what we wanted' thread.

For crying out loud - it's bloody typical of people. Ever since 1997 people have been demanding more FF7, and Square gives us more FF7, and people complain before they even get a chance. Who's to say that Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core won't be good games? Wait until they're released before passing judgement.
    Well since nothing is known about the game, this will have to do until they release something about it. Besides, there's something called "Too much of a good thing." All these spinoffs are a perfect example of that.

Another FFVII compilation *sigh*. Well, after reading some of it, what I will like about this one is that you will be able to use all of the Compilations in one game. It make's me happy because since Before Crisis won't be released in the U.S.A, hopefully this one will(I haven't read all of the article, sorry). So I'm just happy this all in one compilation will at least be conveniant.
    Check out my Resident Evil & Silent Hill Quote Quiz:

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa Rinoa
    Another FFVII compilation *sigh*. Well, after reading some of it, what I will like about this one is that you will be able to use all of the Compilations in one game. It make's me happy because since Before Crisis won't be released in the U.S.A, hopefully this one will(I haven't read all of the article, sorry). So I'm just happy this all in one compilation will at least be conveniant.
    Um... where in the article does it say that the entire Compilation will be included? I think you misread the last paragraph, where it says Crisis Core will 'Join the Compilation of FF7'.

I have no doubt that Square-Enix will release some sort of Compilation of FF7 Super-pack. Months after we already have the game - but they'll throw in a FF7 remake which means that every single one of us will buy an overpriced collection of games we already have to get the remake.

Corporate bastards.

BACK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a chainsaw BizarroSephiroth's Avatar
    Oh great, what's this one about?

Call me when I'm needed
    I will help
    Call me when your sick
    I'll be there
    Call me when your dying
    I'll lay your final words to rest
    But call me when you lie and decieve
    And I'll hate you forever.............

To live is to die, to die is to live. Tyrannicide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carebeareater
    There are way too many FF7 spinoffs. It's almost sickening now how much this game is overrated.
    I just thought of something...
    wait for it....
    ...wait for it.....
    ...wait for it.....
    ...wait for it.....
    ...wait for it.....
    ...wait for it.....
    ...wait for it.....
    ...IF YOU DON'T CARE OR ARE SICK OF FFVII SPINOFFS, DONT BUY THEM AND IGNORE THREADS ABOUT THEM!!! No one said you had to fucking like them, read about them and post that you are not going to fucking like it or are fucking sick of it. Get the fuck away. No one is forcing you to do anything.

I for one am looking forward to all these games and movie. It is really completeing the FFVII game. There is a lot of stuff I wanted to know more about which the games and movie will answer for me.