Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3842434445464748
Results 1,176 to 1,187 of 1187

Thread: Outcast of the Star Trek Thread Reunion Thread Part II

Quote Originally Posted by AZSneed View Post
    Scott, thanks, my dog aka little girl was my joy, and she had me well trained.

Scott, re-modeling the house, you pick the oddest hobbies. All that I can say is, Qapla'! And, it is good to see you again.

Dogs, friends, cats, the boss. I miss the old pain in the butt, my nickname for her.

I re-watched the 2014 movie, Godzilla, so to get ready for the sequel, Godzilla King of the Monsters, with guest stars, Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah on May 31. And, next year
    Godzilla vs. King Kong, with Kong of Skull Island. I like the Godzilla movies, and I also, re-watched the first Godzilla movie, Godzilla vs. Raymond Burr.

Scotty, after fixing the engines, how about fixing the water leak in my cabin, OK?
    It's time to remodel and there being two of us now we want to change a few things Like a new TV (70 inch 4k) going on the wall and a new sound surround system and it would not be complete without dual theater recliners, new carpet, paint and new lighting.

Yeah I had my pain in the butt to! I still miss him (KC was his name, a golden retriever) I called him butthead for short, he was like Marmaduke, always triping over his paws or running into things lol

Were 2 of a kind AZ both love watching the old Godzilla movies, they show them on Saturday afternoon on "Comet" TV Station and if not I always have my DVD's of them...I always got the two of those mixed up! You know which one is Godzilla or Raymond Burr!!

Well ladie if there is that much water I'll just turn your cabin into the ships pool and give you another cabin...hows that?

Scott
    "A good moral character is the first essential in a man, and that the habits contracted at your age are generally indelible, and your conduct here may stamp your character through life. It is therefore highly important that you should endeavor not only to be learned but virtuous." óGeorge Washington (1790)

You are getting a home theater that I always wanted, except a projection on a screen instead of a large TV. I could still get a projector for my DVDs at Wal-Mart for about $65, I already a a screen.

A dog is not a pet, it is a family member. My brother's dog keeps me busy picking up stuff she is always knocking down, that is why I call her Pest Pest.

As for Godzilla (TM), I have been buying at Wally World, figures from the Japanese movies, and now from the new one coming at the end of the month. I found at Target, Godzilla cartoon series DVDs, the old HB and the 1998 version Godzilla, or as know as Zilla. I also, bought last year, the HB old cartoon of King Kong.

I will keep my cabin, and my pool, just get me a raft to sleep in.

You are getting a home theater that I always wanted, except a projection on a screen instead of a large TV. I could still get a projector for my DVDs at Wal-Mart for about $65, I already a a screen.

A dog is not a pet, it is a family member. My brother's dog keeps me busy picking up stuff she is always knocking down, that is why I call her Pest Pest.

As for Godzilla (TM), I have been buying at Wally World, figures from the Japanese movies, and now from the new one coming at the end of the month. I found at Target, Godzilla cartoon series DVDs, the old HB and the 1998 version Godzilla, or as know as Zilla. I also, bought last year, the HB old cartoon of King Kong.

I will keep my cabin, and my pool, just get me a raft to sleep in.
    My son and I looked at a projection system but the living room is not big enough for it! 65$? We were shopping in the wrong store! We looked at Best Buy, the projector we saw was almost $2,000.00 (it was 4k) and the others were higher! And that does not include the screen.

Oh! I agree As a kid we had our black lab until I was in my late 20s and when he died it was like losing a brother. I still miss that old fart!, we could never keep him in the backyard, and we even got an angry neighbor came over one day complaining that our dog got his female dog pregnant! We asked him if he wanted child support? He just stomped off lol

Looks like Godzilla is coming back with a Roar once more my youngest son collects (movies, action figures...you name it) on Godzilla too! I had no idea that showing them the old Godzilla movies when they were growing up would affect them so much! I just tied to show them what I watched when I was a kid and have fun with them! My 2 younger brothers never liked going to see Godzilla movies with me, guess that's why my brother below me never had kids and my little brother had 2 girls and I had three sons LOL I remember the old Hanna Barbera cartoons as well my youngest son has them too, and we watch them now and then.

As you wish laddie! Oh! Did I tell ya the captain does like to make some quick turns of the ship so it might get a weee bit bumpy! he he he he

Scott

I rewatched THE GIANT CLAW, I still like that movie, even tho the monster looks like a very ugly buzzard. A lot of complaints about the bird monster for how he looked, well....HE IS AN ALIEN BIRD! Classic Sci-fi movies, I do like my cheese.

Did you see that La La Land put out a 2 disc set of music from Quinn Martin shows? My favorite theme on the set is, David Shire's Tales of the Unexpected. Another David Shire soundtrack I love to listen to is, The Hindenburg.

I rewatched THE GIANT CLAW, I still like that movie, even tho the monster looks like a very ugly buzzard. A lot of complaints about the bird monster for how he looked, well....HE IS AN ALIEN BIRD! Classic Sci-fi movies, I do like my cheese.

Did you see that La La Land put out a 2 disc set of music from Quinn Martin shows? My favorite theme on the set is, David Shire's Tales of the Unexpected. Another David Shire soundtrack I love to listen to is, The Hindenburg.
    Yes I watched it a few months ago on Comet TV A Great movie! LOL my son was commenting on it when I was watching it...kids sometimes can't hold their comments until the movie or a break, but I digress, so I told him to wait! Anyway he finely gave me his 2 cents worth and I gave him his change I love my cheese too.

I saw someone posted the 2 disc set here but have not got around to downloading it yet, guess it's a good time now

Scott

So......Scotty, did you take part in the remake of the movie Earthquake? Oh, wait that was real. So, are you OK?

Maybe, it was really Godzilla stomping towards Hollywood to complain for making the movie about him, without his permission.

Or maybe it was Winnie-ther-Pooh with a rumbly in his tumbly!

Seriously, hope folks are safe. That footage taken from under the folks' dining-room table showing the chairs rocking back-and-forth … made me think of Carol Anne in Poltergeist … "They're Here!"
    Mark
    Visit my music blog for fun!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

So......Scotty, did you take part in the remake of the movie Earthquake? Oh, wait that was real. So, are you OK?

Maybe, it was really Godzilla stomping towards Hollywood to complain for making the movie about him, without his permission.
    LOL from what I understand Toho had a rep on the set at all times (unless Godzilla eat him or her he he he) and they had script approval.

Yeah, just fine, from where I live to Ridgecrest is 222 miles, did not feel a thing and did not even know about it until I turned on the TV! What can I say my friends, I live in a valley, surrounded by mountains, if all of southern California and the bay area dropped into the ocean tonight, I would have beach front property by morning! There are some very big mountains for the ocean water to climb over and a lot of land before it reached me.

Scott

---------- Post added 07-09-2019 at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-08-2019 at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by msuperfan View Post
    Or maybe it was Winnie-ther-Pooh with a rumbly in his tumbly!

Seriously, hope folks are safe. That footage taken from under the folks' dining-room table showing the chairs rocking back-and-forth … made me think of Carol Anne in Poltergeist … "They're Here!"
    I saw the same thing on TV, Mark you're so right!

The nearest fault line is about 70 miles, and the last time it became active was almost 20 years ago (not a lot of damage here), after that it is the San Andreas fault, which is about 220 miles from me (South/West [the L.A. Area]), the same fault runs up toward San Francisco (North/West of me) 188 miles from where I live, the water would have to climb over the Grapevine Mountian (8,750 feet high) Pacheco Pass (to the North West) is 1,368 feet high and 105 miles away, so beach front property!! surfs up!

Scott
    Last edited by Scotty57; 07-09-2019 at 01:19 AM.

I'm glad you missed the rock and roll. If it is not earthquakes, it is climate change, either way, beach front house.

A little early, I watched all of The Mummy Legacy Collection that my brother bought me. Still good movies, Boris and Lon.

Finished the remodeling? How do you look now? Wait, it was the house, not you, right?

I saw at Wal-Mart the 1st season of the latest Lost in Space, is it any good? Worth buying?

I'm glad you missed the rock and roll. If it is not earthquakes, it is climate change, either way, beach front house.

A little early, I watched all of The Mummy Legacy Collection that my brother bought me. Still good movies, Boris and Lon.

Finished the remodeling? How do you look now? Wait, it was the house, not you, right?

I saw at Wal-Mart the 1st season of the latest Lost in Space, is it any good? Worth buying?
    Thanks, I'm glade I missed it too...

My youngest son bought the whole Universal Monster Collection on Blu-ray (if that's the one you're talking about?) a few months ago, and we have yet to enjoy it...(drum roll) because we are still not finished with the remodeling!! (Surprise, Surprise) the walls & ceiling are textured, the main problem is the original floor, it is covered (the whole house, except the kitchen and bathrooms) in a black tile that was made out of asbestos. This being California they have a ton of regulations about it and the cost is in the thousand's of dollars to have it removed, so we have found an alternative and much cheaper! My son has to do it because of the fumes I can't be around any of it (I have COPD) and he works so much it is slow going. We have to prime the walls and ceiling (two coats), paint (two coats again), and then use a heavy-duty paint/sealer on the floor tiles, and last but not lest have carpet put in...what a pain in the butt. Eventually we will do the rest of the house, if I live that long LOL

I have the complete Lost In Space Box Set (seasons 1-3) I bought at Walmart for $20.00 dollars! I hope that's the one you're talking about, if it is then HELL YES it's worth it! It has all 83 episodes in one box, fully remastered, plus a ton of special features and the unaired pilot "No Place To Hide" all in wide screen.

Take care old friend! Hope you're not in too much pain.

Scott

We got the walls primed and going to start on the floor in a few days (I hope) it's getting hotter here, today it's suppose to hit 104f and go up through the week to hit a high of 108 by Sunday! Looking forward to Rura Penthe for a little cool down lol

Hope all is going well with everyone...

Scott

What a hobby! I would have taken up something, like counting sharks in the Ocean, less work, and lots of fun.

Hi temps in the low 90's, and rain. So, stay cool, and a vacation on Rura Penthe, not a good idea, unless it is a working vacation.

I had fun today, Dental Surgery to remove a broken tooth. Will be better when I can eat again, tomorrow, and having not much pain. Had to wait 5 months until I could get it removed
    when my Brother came home, and it didn't bother me, as long as I did not eat on the side with bad tooth. Also, insurance DID NOT cover cost. I am changing insurance company.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I know Scotty is about to suffer another shore leave, so another visit to Doctor McCoy!