Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3741424344454647
Results 1,151 to 1,171 of 1171

Thread: Outcast of the Star Trek Thread Reunion Thread Part II

Scott, my doctor offices were in 2 different cities, but, a short trip. 1st doctor, 1 1/2 hour there, 2nd doctor 2 hours there for a 5 minute visit. NO EXCUSE FOR WAITING SO LONG!

Well, I also missed Halloween videos, too. Can't sit for too long not because of my pain in my butt, so, when better, I will caught up on backlog or I could wait until I die and haunt someone's house that has cable.

Sad to hear about Ken Berry. As for the woman Dr. Who, that is so wrong, a man regenerating to a woman....wait, that happens a lot now already, so to speak.

Mark, I find blood pressure problems are caused by getting the news, so give it up, or you will pop.

Quote Originally Posted by AZSneed View Post
    Scott, my doctor offices were in 2 different cities, but, a short trip. 1st doctor, 1 1/2 hour there, 2nd doctor 2 hours there for a 5 minute visit. NO EXCUSE FOR WAITING SO LONG!

Well, I also missed Halloween videos, too. Can't sit for too long not because of my pain in my butt, so, when better, I will caught up on backlog or I could wait until I die and haunt someone's house that has cable.

Sad to hear about Ken Berry. As for the woman Dr. Who, that is so wrong, a man regenerating to a woman....wait, that happens a lot now already, so to speak.

Mark, I find blood pressure problems are caused by getting the news, so give it up, or you will pop.
    WOW! Now I feel like an idiot! I got nothing to complain about!! Well don't die damn it! At lest not yet. Sounds like you need a marathon!! I'll bring the popcorn and someone else can bring the other essentials and will watch until we either go brain-dead or blind...whichever comes first

Yeah! You still can't turn a man into a woman or a woman into a man! One of these days there going to figure out chromosomes can't be changed and you can't change the plumbing.

I found out to late about the news cause's high blood pressure but I did cut back on how much I watch and it has helped!

Scott
    "A good moral character is the first essential in a man, and that the habits contracted at your age are generally indelible, and your conduct here may stamp your character through life. It is therefore highly important that you should endeavor not only to be learned but virtuous." óGeorge Washington (1790)

YOU ARE NOT AND IDIOT! Never say that again. Complain all you want, I have my fingers in my ears....la la la la...

I made a mistake, the DVD of Fantastic Beasts The Crimes of Grindelwald comes out in March, the digital download is next month. I got another book on the making of the movie, so I am really looking forward to the DVD.

Shriner
    great!

Quote Originally Posted by AZSneed View Post
    YOU ARE NOT AND IDIOT! Never say that again. Complain all you want, I have my fingers in my ears....la la la la...

I made a mistake, the DVD of Fantastic Beasts The Crimes of Grindelwald comes out in March, the digital download is next month. I got another book on the making of the movie, so I am really looking forward to the DVD.
    Okay I won't say it again

I hope you have a great time reading it, me I'm in the middle of reading Julius Caesar's Commentary's...man, what a head twister! Sometimes I have to re-read the page twice to understand what he is talking about! Old Roman writers sure do not write like authors today, and good thing maps are included and ton of notes (in the book) and a ton more on-line, Glossary, Bibliography, Figure Credits or I would have put this book down and never picked it up again. This edition is advertised as new (2018) and easier to read!! My right *ut!!!

Scott

Heavy reading, for sure. Print ain't dead as reported, in fact, it is gaining again.

“Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” 4K UHD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD Special Edition comes out March 12th. And, this movie will have 2 releases, Feature Film Running Time: 134 minutes and Extended Cut Running Time: 141 minutes. This is the third Harry Potter Extended cut, after Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I have all of the movies with extra feature 2nd disc, but, not the 2 older Harry Potter Extended cut movies.

As far as reading goes, these are the books I have finished thus far this year/month:
    The Future Is Female! – Lisa Yaszek (ed)
    Purgatory Ridge – William Kent Krueger
    Marketing the Moon: The Selling of the Apollo Lunar Program – David Meerman Scott & David Jurek
    Loon Lake – William Kent Krueger
    Rat Run – Gerald Seymour
    Mercy Falls – William Kent Krueger
    Classic Restaurants of Oklahoma City – Dave Cathey
    Copper River – William Kent Krueger
    Seduced – Randy Wayne White
    The Frame-Up – Meghan Scott Molin
    Thunder Bay – William Kent Krueger
    Red Knife – William Kent Krueger

… As you can see, I'm reading the "Cork O'Conner" novels by William Kent Krueger. Around Christmas I finished rereading THE HOBBIT & the LOTR books for over the dozenth time. Reading is fun!
    Mark
    Visit my music blog for fun!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Mark, are they eBooks or real books? I like only real books, and I am reading the Harry Potter novels and making of books. I'm glad I have/still reading Harry Potter books, really filled out what could not be put in the movies.

Kruegar? Is he also known as Freddie? My favorite authors are Robert E. Howard (Conan the Barbarian) and J.K. Rowling.

Thems is real books from the liberry, paper and everythin'. Nope, Krueger's books have more guns than slashes. Of course slash fiction is another topic which I am familiar with only by reputation, not personal perusal.

Quote Originally Posted by msuperfan View Post
    Thems is real books from the liberry, paper and everythin'. Nope, Krueger's books have more guns than slashes. Of course slash fiction is another topic which I am familiar with only by reputation, not personal perusal.
    Oh I agree 100 percent Mark! I do have a few ebooks but need to get a newer ebook reader! Cataracts are starting to set in for me, so in a few more years will have to get it fixed. But real hardcover books are still a big deal for me and the only way to read. Loved Tom Clancy books! History (ancient), Military (all centuries), Presidents (well not all, just the ones that are not knuckleheads) Sci-fi, the list goes on, never could get into western books and of course love novels. For some reason Mark I never know you lived in Oklahoma! My middle brother lived and passed away there! Never could get used to the lakes with red water (red clay) I visited your State several times to see him, he lived about 3 hours away from you in Heavener.

Scott
    Last edited by Scotty57; 01-24-2019 at 05:26 PM.

I knew about this series, just don't watch TV, so I bought the 1st season on DVD, THE ORVILLE. Man, this is a real good series! Like and unlike Star Trek. If you haven't seen it, make it so.
    Also, La La Land Records has released the 1st season 2 CD soundtrack, so I am downloading it one track at a time. Also, 4 CD Land of the Giants 50th anniversary soundtrack.

I agree, AZ. THE ORVILLE is like watching a new installment of TREK. Character conflict, interesting "new civilizations," and so on. It's also interesting during the opening credits to sit and thnk, "This part is imitation Goldsmith. THIS part of fluttering French horns is imitating James Horner's TREK music," and so on. A fun show.

In contrast, the 30 seconds of DISCOVERY I saw made me want to never watch it again. Dark screen, angry voices. Who wants STAR TREK in a coal mine of grumblers?

Mark, I noticed in the episode IF THE STARS SHOULD APPEAR, music that was similar to Goldsmith's trip through V'ger. If you don't have the soundtrack, go to La La Land, and listen to the sample track, "Exploring the Bio-Ship" and you will hear what I mean. You mentioned the opening credits, I like how they make it like the opening credits scenes like in ST Voyager.

Discovery, like Enterprise, miss the target of pre-dating TOS, they never learn, so no Discovery for me.

I just bought the first season of Orville too, such a wonderful show, I can't get enough of this show. The only worry I have is what is going to happen to Orville now that Disney bought 20th Century Fox and 21st Century (that's fox's television network)? I have heard Orville (Seth McFarland) wants to do a third season and is trying to find a new network, which tells me Disney does not want the show...which just sucks and is one the most stupidest things Disney has done, and they have done quite a bit in the last few years. STD is just that! And the only cure is Orville

I agree with the both of you! I saw about 30 seconds of that show and have never watched it again either. First Paramount does JJ crap-prise (now canceled...thank God) then CBS puts out STD....what the hell is wrong with these people!! Now I watch fan made Star Trek on YouTube and Orville. Paramount and CBS need to hire these people to do real Trek, especially the ones doing Prelude to Axanar! If you guys have not seen it yet, man you got to! It is great and true Trek alone with some recognizable actors from Trek and BSG! There in the process of doing 2 other parts to continue the Four Year's War. I highly recomend seeing this!

Scott

Disney, look what they did to Star Wars. Next up, Star Wars vs Planet of the Apes, more sucking.

Then we can say, "Damn you all to hell! You blew it all up!"

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty57 View Post
    I just bought the first season of Orville too, such a wonderful show, I can't get enough of this show. The only worry I have is what is going to happen to Orville now that Disney bought 20th Century Fox and 21st Century (that's fox's television network)? I have heard Orville (Seth McFarland) wants to do a third season and is trying to find a new network, which tells me Disney does not want the show...which just sucks and is one the most stupidest things Disney has done, and they have done quite a bit in the last few years. STD is just that! And the only cure is Orville

I agree with the both of you! I saw about 30 seconds of that show and have never watched it again either. First Paramount does JJ crap-prise (now canceled...thank God) then CBS puts out STD....what the hell is wrong with these people!! Now I watch fan made Star Trek on YouTube and Orville. Paramount and CBS need to hire these people to do real Trek, especially the ones doing Prelude to Axanar! If you guys have not seen it yet, man you got to! It is great and true Trek alone with some recognizable actors from Trek and BSG! There in the process of doing 2 other parts to continue the Four Year's War. I highly recomend seeing this!

Scott
    Agree about Orville. I love it - it has the heart and spirit of Trek. Despite its obvious TNG homage, it feels very TOS to me because it's open-ended - it's not dragging 100s of episodes of canon around, it doesn't take itself too serious and it's focused on telling an interesting story each week. I watch the first STD ep, and half the second one before I had to turn it off. May be interesting sci-fi, but felt nothing like Trek...

Quote Originally Posted by msuperfan View Post
    Then we can say, "Damn you all to hell! You blew it all up!"
    LOL

Disney has differently blown up Star Wars and just about everything else they have touched. It is starting to come back on them, just look at the box office draw they had for Solo and the New Mary Poppins (130 million to make and brought in 169 million) movies today have to double their budget to make a profit. I have heard Disney, brought in George Lucas to help cleanup the mess of the next Star Wars movie to try to get it back to something that resembles Star Wars... Good Luck there! All the main characters are gone now (character either dead or dead in real life) with no new characters worth a damn and the stories suck! Disney is heading down that worn out road.

Scott

So...........I'm here. I watched a movie I thought would not be that good, and I was way wrong, Kong Skull Island. It is awesome, and now my second favorite Kong movie after the original 1933 movie. He will be back next year with Godzilla. Also, thought I would try The Orville TV series season 1 box set, another surprise, just like the old Star Trek, to me.

Anyone that disagrees with me, I will take back Spring and give you Winter, again!

On a sad note, last week my dog died, and she just turned 14 last month. She was with me for 13 1/2 years, I do miss her greatly, my little girl.

Sorry to hear about your dog. They really become a part of your life, emotional and in all ways. Hold onto many happy memories. BTW my Record Round-Up blog is named after our first dog, Spock. My parents wouldn't allow me to have a dog, as soon as we got married we acquired one. Spock lived from 1978 until our last child was about one year old, in 1991. What a comfort our pets are!

Mark, thanks. She is the only dog that I have videos of, so I can always watch her again.

I had a cat named Spock (don't all Star Trek fans have/had a pet named Spock), he was a good cat, except when he followed me on a walk, then I had to carry him back.

I see Scott has visited here lately, just had nothing to say, I guess. Must be a major rework going on, again. that Kirk knows how to damage a ship!