Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3539404142434445
Results 1,101 to 1,115 of 1115

Thread: Outcast of the Star Trek Thread Reunion Thread Part II

  1. #1101
    Young Vulcan AZSneed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In the Ice Age
    Posts
    1,304
    September 22, 1968, 50 years ago, LAND OF THE GIANTS debuted on ABC-TV. For me, one of my favorite Irwin Allen series, and for most episodes, it still looks real good, with the effects and giant sets. And, John Williams themes, and the 1st episode music, pure gold. So, off to watch the 1st episode in color, where as when I was 10 years old, I saw it in black and white.

  2. #1102
    Chief Engineer Scotty57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central Valley
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSneed View Post
    September 22, 1968, 50 years ago, LAND OF THE GIANTS debuted on ABC-TV. For me, one of my favorite Irwin Allen series, and for most episodes, it still looks real good, with the effects and giant sets. And, John Williams themes, and the 1st episode music, pure gold. So, off to watch the 1st episode in color, where as when I was 10 years old, I saw it in black and white.
    I do remember the TV show! I was 11 when it was first on man has time flied by! I saw it in color, we had a color TV then and the first on our block, boy that TV weighted a ton! I enjoy watching those old shows when we were kids, sure better then what my own kids watched when they were kids, and today there is nothing worth a crap for kids to watch! what a shame! Time tunnel, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, Lost In Space, Batman (1966 show), Star Trek, The Green Hornet, so many shows for kids and the Saturday Morning Cartoons...boy we had it great back then!

    I take my collection of Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny cartoons over for my granddaughter (she is 14) and her mom and dad watch them with us and we laugh our butts off!! next weekend I'm taking the Three Stooges collection over (I have all the years) to watch. I sure miss those times AZ! life was so simple, just have clean fun, no worries, no violence what so ever, oh we had an occasional scuffle with one of the neighborhood kid's but nothing like today!

    Scott
    "They define a republic to be a government of laws, and not of men." óJohn Adams (1775)

  3. #1103
    Young Vulcan AZSneed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In the Ice Age
    Posts
    1,304
    Right on Brother! All good TV shows. Now, the 66 Batman, loved it as a kid, now it is too goofy to me. How about, the Man From UNCLE, Wild, Wild, West, Mission: Impossible, Hogan's Heroes to name a few more. So glad we can watch them again.

    I feel sorry for kids today, with the junk to watch, video games and smart phones. We really played (outside), watched awesome cartoons, and real games (board). Of course. NOW, all of the stuff I wanted to buy that was not made for my favorite shows you can buy. Some of the toys I had like, vacuum form machine, plastic goop, both with a real heating units (never burned my fingers), not light bulb came out in the 90's, and some of the dolls...I mean, action figures, are always being re-released, so nothing ever really dies out, it usually come back around, like Mego.

    P.S. I did not get to watch Land of the Giants, my PC DVD player would not play the disc, I need to buy a new player.

  4. #1104
    Chief Engineer Scotty57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central Valley
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSneed View Post
    Right on Brother! All good TV shows. Now, the 66 Batman, loved it as a kid, now it is too goofy to me. How about, the Man From UNCLE, Wild, Wild, West, Mission: Impossible, Hogan's Heroes to name a few more. So glad we can watch them again.

    I feel sorry for kids today, with the junk to watch, video games and smart phones. We really played (outside), watched awesome cartoons, and real games (board). Of course. NOW, all of the stuff I wanted to buy that was not made for my favorite shows you can buy. Some of the toys I had like, vacuum form machine, plastic goop, both with a real heating units (never burned my fingers), not light bulb came out in the 90's, and some of the dolls...I mean, action figures, are always being re-released, so nothing ever really dies out, it usually come back around, like Mego.

    P.S. I did not get to watch Land of the Giants, my PC DVD player would not play the disc, I need to buy a new player.
    That's way I just love my blue ray player, it play's my dvd's, of course blue ray disc's and burnt dvd's as well (from my PC)

    Oh Hell Yes! I love those shows, I have so many great memory's of watching the Wild, Wild, West on Friday night's alone with Get Smart! My oldest son bought me the complete collection of the man from U.N.C.L.E. (United Network Command for Law and Enforcement) I've watched that collection 3 times lol I still get laughs from my kids when they call or come over and see me watching those shows, but I don't care there funner then the crap they have on TV today! Just last night I was watching the old Dean Martin Roast from YouTube, still funny as hell today! Have you seen the new version of that show? Good Lord it is so vulgar, nasty and just down right crude! not to mention Not Funny at all.

    Yeah I could go broke buying all the toys they have today, tho I will buy some now that Mego has returned I guess your right! I get email for a site called [Hidden link. Register to see links.] they sell just about everything to do with Sci Fi shows and movies, great site but what they want for some of the costumes would make a billionaire pass out!

    Scott

  5. #1105
    Young Vulcan AZSneed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In the Ice Age
    Posts
    1,304
    Open channel D.

    I haven't watched Dean Martin Roast since it was on TV way...way..back lllloooonnnngggg ago. Oh, I just thought of another series I loved to watch, Hee Haw.

    My favorite holiday is coming up, Halloween. Besides watching the old excellent horror movie, like the Universal Monsters, also, seeing the in store items and masks. So far, I saw animatronic dinosaurs at Wal-Mart, and a lot of Harry Potter (go, go, Gryffindor), weird costumes and the skeletons.

  6. #1106
    Chief Engineer Scotty57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central Valley
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSneed View Post
    Open channel D.

    I haven't watched Dean Martin Roast since it was on TV way...way..back lllloooonnnngggg ago. Oh, I just thought of another series I loved to watch, Hee Haw.

    My favorite holiday is coming up, Halloween. Besides watching the old excellent horror movie, like the Universal Monsters, also, seeing the in store items and masks. So far, I saw animatronic dinosaurs at Wal-Mart, and a lot of Harry Potter (go, go, Gryffindor), weird costumes and the skeletons.
    Hee Haw! now there is a blast from the past!! I love the fence part every time they did it LOOOOOL "Where Are You Tonight" "And Theeep you were gone"

    Mine too! last year my granddaughter went as Wonder Women and she is a knockout in that custom, my poor son was not happy at all LOL he did not lose sight of her for a second and I don't blame him one bit. Halloween is the time at lest for me to watch all the zombie movies I have and of course the old horror movies...I love watching these movies one day each day until the 31st. can't eat the candy anymore but I still have fun. Walmart started putting up all the Halloween stuff about a week ago, not even going to wait until October! oh well.

    Scott

  7. #1107
    Chief Engineer Scotty57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central Valley
    Posts
    1,921
    I guess everyone is gearing up for Halloween! I'm just watching the normal scary movies at night! I watched "Last Man on Earth" the Vincent Price version of "I Am Legend" Still a good movie for 1964! I hope all of you have a great Halloween!!

    Scott

  8. #1108
    Young Vulcan AZSneed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In the Ice Age
    Posts
    1,304
    Wow, did I just see Scott fly by on his broom, so fast, it was a blur? Nice to almost see you, Scott.

    I'm watching my favorite Halloween movies (sort of) Harry Potter. Just watched Boris Karloff in The Mummy, and more to come.

    Speaking of Harry Potter, I'm surprised to see so much Halloween stuff from the movies. At Target, I got a lighted Dragon skull, and looking at the stuff at Home Depot.

    Remember this year, Trick AND Treat, why settle just for one. (evil laugh)

  9. #1109
    Grand Shriner msuperfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    506
    Over the weekend we had the two eight-year-old granddaughters (cousins born 15 days apart) spend the night Saturday. Pulled out my old home-burned DVD of the older Disney Scary Tales VHS -- [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    This withered old heart was warmed and tickled when they got up to enact "The Skeleton Dance" along with the onscreen bony boys. Awwww...
    Mark
    Visit my music blog for fun!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  10. #1110
    Young Vulcan AZSneed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In the Ice Age
    Posts
    1,304
    That is cool to hear, hope they enjoy Halloween.

    Got to watch out about warming that withered old heart, you might come back to life this Halloween.

    I'm looking forward to my distant relative, Barnabas Collins coming for his annual visit, Dark Shadows a coming!

  11. #1111
    Chief Engineer Scotty57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central Valley
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSneed View Post
    Wow, did I just see Scott fly by on his broom, so fast, it was a blur? Nice to almost see you, Scott.

    I'm watching my favorite Halloween movies (sort of) Harry Potter. Just watched Boris Karloff in The Mummy, and more to come.

    Speaking of Harry Potter, I'm surprised to see so much Halloween stuff from the movies. At Target, I got a lighted Dragon skull, and looking at the stuff at Home Depot.

    Remember this year, Trick AND Treat, why settle just for one. (evil laugh)
    That was my ex-wife, she is the only person that can ride a broom vertically and achieve flight! LOOOL "Loading anti bitch missile's...and firing"!! WOOOHOOO Score one kill for the team!!

    I've seen the Harry Potter movie's playing on the SyFi (seffee what a name) and on the USA Channel (Both owned by Comcast)...my youngest son just bought the Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Dracula / Frankenstein / Bride of Frankenstein / Wolf Man / The Mummy / and more) on Blu-ray and we are going to watch them as we get closer to Halloween

    A person can go broke with all the things they have at Target & Walmart...we picked up a few things as well he he he he

    Yeah get what you can at Home Depot...when it's gone it is gone forever! I assume you guys read or watched the news about Sears? Good Lord how does a company have 6.94 billion in assets to 11.34 billion in liabilities and some bank paid there 134 million debt payment? who in there right mind would pay that and ever except to ever get re-paid? Sears or Walmart no company in debt that much is worth saving!! let it die!

    Scott

    ---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by msuperfan View Post
    Over the weekend we had the two eight-year-old granddaughters (cousins born 15 days apart) spend the night Saturday. Pulled out my old home-burned DVD of the older Disney Scary Tales VHS -- [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    This withered old heart was warmed and tickled when they got up to enact "The Skeleton Dance" along with the onscreen bony boys. Awwww...
    There is nothing like Grandchildren! I know how you feel Mark, my 14 year old granddaughter is the jewel of my life too! oh to be able to keep them young, innocent and full of unconditional love! enjoy the hell out of them Mark as long as you can, they are what keeps us young in heart and reminds us of what it was like when we were there age! The sucky part of this life is we forget what it was like to be a kid, but when we have grand kids we get to remember those times again, at lest for awhile and I miss them.

    Scott

    ---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by AZSneed View Post
    That is cool to hear, hope they enjoy Halloween.

    Got to watch out about warming that withered old heart, you might come back to life this Halloween.

    I'm looking forward to my distant relative, Barnabas Collins coming for his annual visit, Dark Shadows a coming!
    LOL AZ kind of reminds me of The Grinch That Stole Christmas when it showed his heart starting to beat again LOOOOL

    Dark Shadows!! A blast from the past!! I've been thinking about buying and watching that show again, I have not seen it since it was on TV years ago! what do you think Gentlemen?

    Scott

  12. #1112
    Young Vulcan AZSneed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In the Ice Age
    Posts
    1,304
    When I was a kid...SO long ago...I was hooked on Dark Shadows, coming home from school, sitting in front of TV watching my soap opera. I bought some DVDs of some of the episode, and got hooked again, such a good series. Now the last movie made by Tim Burton, I WILL never watch it, there is only one Dark Shadows!

    Sears, I have been surprised that they are still around, so behind the times. Of, course, the Wish Book was always a thrill to see every Christmas when I was way younger.

    Scott, with photon torpedoes and ex-wife, very bad explosive combination. Oh, no! Exploded too close to the Neutral Zone!

  13. #1113
    Chief Engineer Scotty57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central Valley
    Posts
    1,921
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSneed View Post
    When I was a kid...SO long ago...I was hooked on Dark Shadows, coming home from school, sitting in front of TV watching my soap opera. I bought some DVDs of some of the episode, and got hooked again, such a good series. Now the last movie made by Tim Burton, I WILL never watch it, there is only one Dark Shadows!

    Sears, I have been surprised that they are still around, so behind the times. Of, course, the Wish Book was always a thrill to see every Christmas when I was way younger.

    Scott, with photon torpedoes and ex-wife, very bad explosive combination. Oh, no! Exploded too close to the Neutral Zone!
    Yeah I used to do the same thing AZ! Okay with your kind input I'll pick it up and watch it...thanks

    I saw about the first half hour of that movie and turned the channel...Tim Burton should have been shot for that movie.

    My Grandmother used to get the catalog and my brothers and I would love to look through it! man your right, that sure brings back memory's!!

    "Aye, the haggis is in the fire now for sure" "Let's warp out of here before anyone can'a see us"

    Scott

  14. #1114
    Grand Shriner msuperfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSneed View Post
    When I was a kid...SO long ago...I was hooked on Dark Shadows, coming home from school, sitting in front of TV watching my soap opera. I bought some DVDs of some of the episode, and got hooked again, such a good series. Now the last movie made by Tim Burton, I WILL never watch it, there is only one Dark Shadows!

    Sears, I have been surprised that they are still around, so behind the times. Of, course, the Wish Book was always a thrill to see every Christmas when I was way younger.

    Scott, with photon torpedoes and ex-wife, very bad explosive combination. Oh, no! Exploded too close to the Neutral Zone!
    SEARS: I remember two taglines from commercials:
    "Sears Has Everything."
    "Sears, Where America Shops."


    No longer. So long to the oil changes at the Auto Center and the kids' clothes, the boots I am now wearing at work, the Easter dresses for the girls.

  15. #1115
    Chief Engineer Scotty57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central Valley
    Posts
    1,921
    Another American Icon heading to the ash heap of history! (at lest we still have the Sears Tower) like the others that proceeded Sears they didn't keep up with the times and relied on just there brand name...sad! This is what happens when we get comfortable about life, family, business...just about everything! Life has a way of coming up behind us and biting us in the butt when we lest expect it. Mark make sure you educate your girls that life's road is not straight an level, that life throws us curves, that there are valleys and mountains we have to climb, I've raised my son's that way and so far only my middle son paid attention, the other two, well just did not listen and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop...and it well drop hard, it always does, sooner rather then later.

    Scott

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •