Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1137

Thread: Outcast of the Star Trek Thread Reunion Thread Part II

Boldly going nowhere fast chiops's Avatar
    Make it so!
    BOLDLY GOING NOWHERE FAST!

Tea, Earl Grey, hot.

I'm not to keen on the idea of Picard being in jj universe...a bad idea as far as I am concerned. None of the original crew will be back, and the whole change of the time line means everything is different so Next-Gen did not happen (at lest the way we know it) and we have seen the episode ("Tapestry") were Picard was wounded by a phaser blast and Q granted Picards request to change his life and in the end Picard was nothing but a lowly no nothing lieutenant. Some of the rumors I have read, Picard is on his family vineyard retired so this would take place in the early 25th century? so what is he going to be? a roving Ambassador for the UFP? A retired Starfleet Captain they jam into tough situations? (he'll never get any rest) who knows, but I still stand by my comment "A bad idea" and one Star Trek fans are not going to like! plus the down side is not a lot of viewers because of the CBS access crap (more money we have to spend) adds to less viewership then doing a National TV show...Nope this is one Star Trek show I will not watch, well make that two! I don't watch Discovery either! I've had enough of JJ's universe crap and bastardizing a great idea from Gene Roddenberry all in the name of "Lets change everything we know and love about Star Trek because we are in the 21st century and Star Trek has to change! because we have changed" what a load of crap

On a side note, has anyone checked the box office take of the last 3 JJ Star Trek Movies? No! well they have not done very well and I wonder why! It seems there may not be a 4th one, since Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth are asking for major motion picture actor salaries (something like Dwayne Johnson 40 million a picture) and Paramount Replaying No Way In Hell! We shall see what happens, thou I won't be seeing this Star Trek movie either, I stopped at the 2009 one.

Scott
    "They define a republic to be a government of laws, and not of men." —John Adams (1775)

Scott, you are so right, JJ and Paramount has boldly taken Star Trek where no one should have gone before....flushed down the drain. As I said before, go thing we have the videos of the REAL Star Trek series and movies.

Right now I am watching X-Files the series from the 90's. I have not watched the 2000's series, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AZSneed View Post
    Scott, you are so right, JJ and Paramount has boldly taken Star Trek where no one should have gone before....flushed down the drain. As I said before, good thing we have the videos of the REAL Star Trek series and movies.

Right now I am watching X-Files the series from the 90's. I have not watched the 2000's series, yet.
    Good to see you AZ! I was getting worried!!! the last time you were on here you said something about flooding in your area! Man the last thing I need is you floating down some god forsaken river and out into the sea!! or worse!!

Thank God for DVD & Blu ray is right!

I have all 9 years of that show too and not a bad idea of watching it again...thanks AZ for bring it up I saw the new one and it was really good, I highly recommend watching it. Take care of your self my friend!

Scott

Glad to hear from you, and the truth is out there. Flooding not much of a problem, and I have a big mosquito herd, no fault of mine.

I heard a song I would never have thought to hear in an X-Files episode, "Bad boys, bad boys,Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do,When they come for you..." in their COPS episode, season 7. I remember when the series debuted on FOX, I thought that this series is so good it will be cancelled, was I surprised!

Glad to hear from you, and the truth is out there. Flooding not much of a problem, and I have a big mosquito herd, no fault of mine.

I heard a song I would never have thought to hear in an X-Files episode, "Bad boys, bad boys,Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do,When they come for you..." in their COPS episode, season 7. I remember when the series debuted on FOX, I thought that this series is so good it will be cancelled, was I surprised!
    I remember the song too! I have the x-files on my schedule to re-watch. Glade your not floating away DT would take care of your problem (alas it was outlawed) the only thing we can use today is weak bug spray that does not work, I feel for you AZ, mosquito's can carry some nasty diseases!! be careful my friend.

Scott

The Squire of Gothos is back, but still retired... General Trelane's Avatar
    Scotty, old friend, just saw you came back! Have you, again, been in some kind of transporter buffer for the last, what, three years? Anyway, it's good to have you back on duty, we have been in dire need of our old miracle worker!

Now I have to catch up on all the posts in this thread from the time you came back earlier this year (3 months ago). The reason I wasn't aware of the return of Mister Scott (sounds like a monster movie title from the fifties, doesn't it?) was my permanent ban just about three weeks before you rematerialized again. Well, banning Trelane didn't work, at least not permanently - General Trelane is back, with a vengence, just got rid of my old name. The machinery behind my mirror here on Gothos is working again, got a new one from my parents, so I can play again in my little castle, and have fun again! Hip, hip, hooray - TALLY-HO!

Have to go for now, will be back soon!

Oh, and good to see you again too, AZSneed, Pearlcorderman, and Max Stein!

The Squire, f.k.a. Soundtrekker

Wow! The Squire is back! So you misbehaved again, and your parents gave you a timeout, and then they forgave your impish ways and turned you loose on the Universe again. Hip, hip, hooray! Mister Scott won't say it, but, I think he was hiding on the Shore Leave Planet, until Spock found him and back in Engineering he went.

I just finished the complete series (all 6 episodes) of the BBC/20th Century Fox/ABC TV (US) TV series of MOONBASE 3. It is from 1973, made by people who worked on Doctor Who. I like the serious tone, and the good stories. The base is European and Moobase 1, the US and of course there are other counties, like Russia and China that have bases. The series is on youtube, no US release on DVD.and the DVDs are hard to fine, I got lucky on Amazon last year. As with BBC series back then, they erased the tapes and the series was lost, until they found the episodes in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by General Trelane View Post
    Scotty, old friend, just saw you came back! Have you, again, been in some kind of transporter buffer for the last, what, three years? Anyway, it's good to have you back on duty, we have been in dire need of our old miracle worker!

Now I have to catch up on all the posts in this thread from the time you came back earlier this year (3 months ago). The reason I wasn't aware of the return of Mister Scott (sounds like a monster movie title from the fifties, doesn't it?) was my permanent ban just about three weeks before you rematerialized again. Well, banning Trelane didn't work, at least not permanently - General Trelane is back, with a vengence, just got rid of my old name. The machinery behind my mirror here on Gothos is working again, got a new one from my parents, so I can play again in my little castle, and have fun again! Hip, hip, hooray - TALLY-HO!

Have to go for now, will be back soon!

Oh, and good to see you again too, AZSneed, Pearlcorderman, and Max Stein!

The Squire, f.k.a. Soundtrekker
    As soon as I saw your reply in my morning email my heart jumped with joy that you had returned! Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!! (see I said it ) I had no idea you had been band! Who in there right mind would permanently ban a great man such as your self? as long as I have known you, you have done nothing wrong, hurt any person and have uploaded some of the best music!! Someone has a major screw loose!!! Thank God you have returned old friend! We have all missed you and your music, so strike up the orchestra and play my favorite piece "Roses from the South" (which I'm listening to it right now in celebration of your return!!!!!)

WELCOME HOME General Trelane!! Hip, Hip, Hooray (see I said it again) and yes using my name like that does sound like a movie from the fifties LOOOL

If you need any work on your machines let me know I am always available and can work miracles!

When you catchup some of my reply's might help explain my absences! I'll PM you and we can talk, until then take care my friend

Scott

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Wow! The Squire is back! So you misbehaved again, and your parents gave you a timeout, and then they forgave your impish ways and turned you loose on the Universe again. Hip, hip, hooray! Mister Scott won't say it, but, I think he was hiding on the Shore Leave Planet, until Spock found him and back in Engineering he went.

I just finished the complete series (all 6 episodes) of the BBC/20th Century Fox/ABC TV (US) TV series of MOONBASE 3. It is from 1973, made by people who worked on Doctor Who. I like the serious tone, and the good stories. The base is European and Moobase 1, the US and of course there are other counties, like Russia and China that have bases. The series is on youtube, no US release on DVD.and the DVDs are hard to fine, I got lucky on Amazon last year. As with BBC series back then, they erased the tapes and the series was lost, until they found the episodes in the US.
    "A Wee bit of to much shore leave laddie!! canna not like that Vulcan nerve pinch thing, blast that pointy ear man!" "but I'm fine now, in engineering and getting the old gal into shape again!"

I did a little checking AZ and that series is going for $66.00 dollars on Amazon for 6 episodes! and it's PAL format, which we can't play here. Yeah I'd use YouTube too!

Scott

Scott, I paid $20.00 June of last year for MOONBASE 3, and it plays with no problem on my PC. It is one of those times, the right time, right place.

Vulcan Nerve pinch, be glad it was not the Vulcan Death Grip or victim of Pon Farr

Scott, I paid $20.00 June of last year for MOONBASE 3, and it plays with no problem on my PC. It is one of those times, the right time, right place.

Vulcan Nerve pinch, be glad it was not the Vulcan Death Grip or victim of Pon Farr
    You got it at a great price AZ

Pon Farr! Would have diffidently caused me to viperize Mr. Spock...and I do not think the Captain would be to pleased with me! but it's better then the alternative LOL

Scott

Speaking of Spock, I saw at Target a two figure set of Kirk and Spock from MIRROR, MIRROR and a TOS Sulu figure. Still putting out TOS figures.

And, also at Target, LP records of Pink Floyd and other Classic Rock groups...LPs! Nothing ever goes out of style, next up....8 Tracks. LOL!

Speaking of Spock, I saw at Target a two figure set of Kirk and Spock from MIRROR, MIRROR and a TOS Sulu figure. Still putting out TOS figures.

And, also at Target, LP records of Pink Floyd and other Classic Rock groups...LPs! Nothing ever goes out of style, next up....8 Tracks. LOL!
    The toy company Mego is back in production after a 30 year absence! so that's why we are seeing these figures once again! looks like a hell of a great year for Star Trek (the one we all love and remember!!!) and Mego is releasing 2 new figures! so I predict several people well be broke when 2019 rolls around LOL and yes that includes me

LP's are differently making a come back, not like the old days (there are 20 pressing plants in the US! that's it) plus no one make's the press's anymore and the technical know how to operate them is difficult to find and every pressing the press's have to be cleaned...so there is going to be shortages of vinyl for some time to come. 8 Track would be much easier to make then vinyl! but I bet we don't have the machines to make the players anymore! CD's have really squared the music industry.

Personally I much prefer Vinyl over CD's...nothing sounds better then vinyl!!, thank God I have kept mine all these years, along with my vinyl 45's! I still have a turntable setup hooked into my computer system so I burn the vinyl to my system and put the vinyl away. I even have a few laser disks, now all I need is the player

Scott

Mego back? News to me, and not surprised, now a days old is new, even company names. I saw at Wal-Mart the new Harry Potter figures(dolls) and for $20! I remember buying G.I.Joes for $1 in the 70's, oh how inflation has killed us!

I know that LPs are better than CDs for sound, for sure! I won't buy LPs now, unless I find one that has never been released on CD or can't find on youtube.

I have videos on the CED discs but, no RCA CED player. I have been transferring LPs and cassettes to PC. I find cassettes at flea markets and thrift stores cheap, transfer them, faster than downloading them with my dial-up. LOL! (crying, too)
    Last edited by AZSneed; 08-29-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Mego back? News to me, and not surprised, now a days old is new, even company names. I saw at Wal-Mart the new Harry Potter figures(dolls) and for $20! I remember buying G.I.Joes for $1 in the 70's, oh how inflation has killed us!

I know that LPs are better than CDs for sound, for sure! I won't buy LPs now, unless I find one that has never been released on CD or can't find on youtube.

I have videos on the CED discs but, no RCA CED player. I have been transferring LPs and cassettes to PC. I find cassettes at flea markets and thrift stores cheap, transfer them, faster than downloading them with my dial-up. LOL! (crying, too)
    Yeah they just went back into Business and bring there old line back to stores! They have a facebook page but so far I can't find a corporate web page. Yeah I sure wish my dad had not cleaned out the garage after we left home, he throw out so many of our toys that could have made us millionaires today lol

The store I use is Rasputin Music & Movies, try [Hidden link. Register to see links.] they sell LP's very cheap! Unfortunately they are only in California, but you can order on line, thou there on line catalog is smaller then whats in the store. There CD's (at lest in the store I use) is huge! I could spend all day looking through there CD's and not get through them all. I even try the thrift shops (great place to find DVD's, CD's, and LP's) and way cheap!! sometimes I even find computer games, just can't find a Laser Disk Player...I'll keep looking. The CED player I've seen on ebay $60.00 to $300.00 and people selling the disks as well, check ebay AZ could not hurt. Yeah I do remember dialup! Sorry DSL has not come to your area yet or cable, you don't even want to know what we pay for cable...makes my stomach ache! but we only have two options in a city with 500,000 people in it...DSL (AT&T) or cable (Comcast)...sucks!

Scott

I looked at the TOS figures at Target again, and yes, Mego.

I have access to DSL (AT&T), just can't afford it. Besides, I hate, really hate, despise, loath, and so on, AT&T and the harassing calls to save on bundles.

I have been watching episodes of Doctor Who, the 3rd one, Jon Pertwee from 1970 and 1972. He is one of my favorite Doctors, along with Tom Baker, Peter Davison and Sylvester McCoy of the older Doctors. I enjoyed seeing the series on my local Public TV station in the 80's, now a few episodes on DVD. When the newer series came on, I was thrilled to again see K-9 and Sarah Jane Smith from the Tom Baker era.

I looked at the TOS figures at Target again, and yes, Mego.

I have access to DSL (AT&T), just can't afford it. Besides, I hate, really hate, despise, loath, and so on, AT&T and the harassing calls to save on bundles.

I have been watching episodes of Doctor Who, the 3rd one, Jon Pertwee from 1970 and 1972. He is one of my favorite Doctors, along with Tom Baker, Peter Davison and Sylvester McCoy of the older Doctors. I enjoyed seeing the series on my local Public TV station in the 80's, now a few episodes on DVD. When the newer series came on, I was thrilled to again see K-9 and Sarah Jane Smith from the Tom Baker era.
    I know that feeling AZ on both counts! I use Comcast, it is expensive, the only good thing is they don't call! there is no dial-up service anymore in our city...either DSL or Cable...sucks and only 2 carriers here, oh you can get over the air wireless (DSL) but it costs more then the other two!

I was a my local Rasputin store yesterday and all there Doctor Who series (DVD) are priced way to high! Yeah I watched the new doctor who series as well and the spin offs, but when David Tennant left (at lest for me) the show went down and I lost interest in the show and things changed for me. I still collect the music from Murray Gold, but now he is leaving and they have a new doctor, a female! When the show comes back on I'll check it out, I don't have much hope for it, but one never knows.

Mego figures so far look really good! I'll be getting a few for myself for Christmas this year and locking them away! by the time my grandkids have kids they may be worth more!

Scott

David Tennant was the best. You know, he is the Son-in Law of Peter Davison, regeneration of the weird kind. He also, made one evil Death Eater in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

I didn't get to see Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom in the theater, so on the 18th the DVD/Blu-ray comes out. I need to find a way to see Fantastic Beast in November. How about seeing if Captain Pike's motorized chair comes up in Star Fleet surplus sale. I have some aged Scotch if you buy it.

David Tennant was the best. You know, he is the Son-in Law of Peter Davison, regeneration of the weird kind. He also, made one evil Death Eater in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

I didn't get to see Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom in the theater, so on the 18th the DVD/Blu-ray comes out. I need to find a way to see Fantastic Beast in November. How about seeing if Captain Pike's motorized chair comes up in Star Fleet surplus sale. I have some aged Scotch if you buy it.
    I did not know Perter Davison is David Tennant father-in law! Yes he did a wonderful job on Harry Potter! he is a really good actor, I was just sorry to see him go.

I have not seen the movie at the theater, as a matter of fact I have not seen it period. Laddie if I can find it both you and I well ride in style for sure

Scott

Howdy, everybody …
    Scotty informed me that I was hangin' 'round the old-old-old forum, not this new shiny one. So for those who don't know … Marc Cushman is working on THESE ARE THE VOYAGES #4. It's about Roddenberry & Star Trek after TOS. Supposedly we are going through the first movie or two, but I worry that the book would be too heavy to lift! Right now we're about 5 or 6 episodes into TAS, covering each episode the way the stories in the first 3 books were done … draft versions, acting, comments from the media, etc … And yes, I'm polishing Marc's words again diligently.

The Jacobs/Brown page for the book (with bare-bones announcement) is: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

And the great thing for me, tee-hee-hee … I get to learn all this stuff before anybody else!
    Cheers,
    Mark
    Visit my music blog for fun!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Yea, you were hanging out in the 1950's site, this the the late 60's...TOS era.

Thanks for the update, and you lucky fan, seeing before other. It is a good thing your avatar is blue, not red shirt....just saying.

Name:  1986 - Klingons Beware resized.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  3.4 KB

Here's a Mego Spock sitting on an Enterprise in front of a STAR TREK: The Motion Picture poster.

TOS meets STTMP, classic all the way!

Mark, have you seen the new MEGO figures at Target? I would buy them, but, I have enough figures.

Quote Originally Posted by msuperfan View Post
    Howdy, everybody …
    Scotty informed me that I was hangin' 'round the old-old-old forum, not this new shiny one. So for those who don't know … Marc Cushman is working on THESE ARE THE VOYAGES #4. It's about Roddenberry & Star Trek after TOS. Supposedly we are going through the first movie or two, but I worry that the book would be too heavy to lift! Right now we're about 5 or 6 episodes into TAS, covering each episode the way the stories in the first 3 books were done … draft versions, acting, comments from the media, etc … And yes, I'm polishing Marc's words again diligently.

The Jacobs/Brown page for the book (with bare-bones announcement) is: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

And the great thing for me, tee-hee-hee … I get to learn all this stuff before anybody else!
    Cheers,

Welcome to the forum Mark! glad you made it. I just saw the page concerning to forth coming book and can't wait to read it! Your one lucky guy, but the rest of us will get to read it later, but for know don't give us any spoilers! enjoy your stay and have a great time...

Scott