Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3337383940414243
Results 1,051 to 1,062 of 1062

Thread: Outcast of the Star Trek Thread Reunion Thread Part II

Quote Originally Posted by AZSneed View Post
    City Beneath the Sea, I forgot I had that one on DVD. I love the city, Pacifica. I still have the View-Master reels for that movie, reel 3D.

I saw one DVD case on ebay (I don't shop Amazon unless no choice) that holds 16. I would go to the thin cases, but, I keep losing them in between the regular ones, unless laying flat. I noticed that a lot of the DVDs I buy are in cases that have center clips not used that will hold insert (page?) that I could buy that would increase by 1 or 2 DVDS that are in the case. I remember buying some of my first DVDs in CD cases, I liked that at first.

With the program that I am using to convert mp4 videos to DVD, I will be burning on one of my favorite 50's TV show, Space Patrol. I have over 30 episodes I downloaded, and so far only got 4 on DVD. I just burned 4 episodes of Tom Corbett Space Cadet, another good 50's series. The 50's had some of the best Sci-Fi, I'm guessing because of the optimism and fear for the future in the 21 Century and beyond. And we know how great the 60's were for Sci-Fi!
    I came across that when I was just searching for Earth II this morning, what a find! Can't wait to get that one, if one looks close enough you well see the Jupiter II model in the background when it shows Pacifica city...That's the last time the original model was seen until 1992 (search on youtub for jupiter ii original model) and someone trying to restore the model. It really was in bad shape, you'll see in the video.

The 50's was the best, at lest for us kids (at the time) your right AZ both where in full swing! I had so much fun and imagination when I was a kid, I tried to do the same for my kids! all three do love movies but only my middle son has gone to collage for high tec learning and works for a high tec company. So all in all I think my kids had a great childhood too...none have said otherwise!

Scott
    "While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader." —Samuel Adams (1779)

Happy 4th Of July everyone!! God bless America

And be safe out there!!!

Scott

Bah Humbug! Oh, wait, wrong holiday....never mind

Be safe, don't blow yourself up, eat lots of barbecue and for the holiday watch Star Trek, The Omega Glory.

P.S. I AM NOT CLEANING UP AFTER THE PARTY!

Bah Humbug! Oh, wait, wrong holiday....never mind

Be safe, don't blow yourself up, eat lots of barbecue and for the holiday watch Star Trek, The Omega Glory.

P.S. I AM NOT CLEANING UP AFTER THE PARTY!
    Love that episode and a great chose for the 4th AZ!

Party Popper! very well, I'll cleanup this time

You have a good time my friend...

Scott

I forgot, did anyone check the Matter-Antimatter Mix Chamber to see if Mr. Scott was finish calibrations before going to warp? So, where is he?

I watched some real classic movies, The Thing From Another World in Color, and the only King Kong, AND The Day of the Triffids movie, to me better the the updated versions.

I forgot, did anyone check the Matter-Antimatter Mix Chamber to see if Mr. Scott was finish calibrations before going to warp? So, where is he?

I watched some real classic movies, The Thing From Another World in Color, and the only King Kong, AND The Day of the Triffids movie, to me better the the updated versions.
    I'm here laddie! had a wee bit to much at the last party! I woke up on the chamber (I'll talk about that later...may be) the inter mix is set right or I'll eat neutronium!

All great movie's AZ! The Thing From Another World did they colorize it? because I remember it in black & white! which for me makes it more scary and suspenseful! I still remember when they colorized the three stooges shorts and Laurel & Hardy shorts and they all looked horrible! Freaken Ted Turner should have been shot for doing that...thank God turner does not own any media company's anymore.

Scott

You got me worrying again about you!

The color version was a Ted special, and I liked them. Ray Harryhausen supervised colorizing some of his movies, and the disc can be switched back and forth, I sill prefer the colorized.

If you like Kung Fu movies and sort of bloody Horror, you might like Tsui Hark's Vampire Hunters. It is a very good movie, and I just watched it again last night (when Vampires are out), and it is not your typical teeth in neck Vampire movie, lot and lots of action, it is about a Master and his four students hunting a Vampire Master.

You got me worrying again about you!

The color version was a Ted special, and I liked them. Ray Harryhausen supervised colorizing some of his movies, and the disc can be switched back and forth, I sill prefer the colorized.

If you like Kung Fu movies and sort of bloody Horror, you might like Tsui Hark's Vampire Hunters. It is a very good movie, and I just watched it again last night (when Vampires are out), and it is not your typical teeth in neck Vampire movie, lot and lots of action, it is about a Master and his four students hunting a Vampire Master.
    we are having high humidity here (which is not normal) so I have a problem breathing (COPD) and need to stay indoors, AC going and on oxygen and all this makes me sleepy and slow to want to do anything. I'm doing better today, thanks for caring my friend

Yes I do like movies of bloody Horror! along with Zombie movies (the good ones anyway...which is a very short list) I'll check that one out, sounds like John Carpenter "Vampires" which I really like...Thanks for the advise on movies! most of the ones others (that would be no body on this thread, but my family!) recommend are real stinkers and yawners!

On the colorizing of B/W films....I don't know AZ, the ones I have seen just don't look right! something about it just does not look natural! maybe it's me? I don't know! but for me it takes away to much from the story, the feel of the film, drama, suspense!! like I said maybe it's just me...I'm a Originalist! Yeah I know, real life is in color but some films just look and feel better in B/W and some films look and feel better in color! I can't imagine watching Ben Hur in black and white! or any of the other classic 50's and 60's film's in Black and White (at lest the ones originally filmed in B/W) re-colorized! like I said, it's just me.

Scott

I understand and will wait until you can post, and not worry, even tho I always worry. We, once again, have heat index warnings of 105, not use to that, AC feeling good now.

I too, feel some of the colorization is off, but, I still like to see color. For Sci-Fi and fantasy, colorized seems to fit. Take on how they did The Wizard of OZ, started in sepia tone for reality and color for fantasy, that is the way I feel about colorizing.

How do you like the Resident Evil movie series? I really like them, except for how they ended the series in the last movie. Really gross and really action excitement.

I understand and will wait until you can post, and not worry, even tho I always worry. We, once again, have heat index warnings of 105, not use to that, AC feeling good now.

I too, feel some of the colorization is off, but, I still like to see color. For Sci-Fi and fantasy, colorized seems to fit. Take on how they did The Wizard of OZ, started in sepia tone for reality and color for fantasy, that is the way I feel about colorizing.

How do you like the Resident Evil movie series? I really like them, except for how they ended the series in the last movie. Really gross and really action excitement.
    Thanks my friend!

Today is going to be 105 here to! unfortunately we have some overcast so the humidly is going to push the heat even higher, not looking forward to that. It's 10:20am here and it is already 93, yeah AC on and running! the major problem here is we live in a valley and the air quality goes down the toilet real fast and those with asthma or COPD really struggle to breathe...sucks but nothing we can do.

For some reason the Wizard of Oz works for me! I think because the fantasy scenes where filmed in color not shot in b/w then colorized. The technology just is not there yet that can turn a b/w film into a natural looking color film. Kind of like taking a 35mm film and up scaling it to Blu-ray then to 4K, just looks like crap!

I like the Resident Evil films, have not seen the last one yet, waiting for the price to come down more before I buy it and complete my collection...have the rest on Blu-ray. I heard that Paul W. S. Anderson and his wife Milla Jovovich are starting a new franchise based on capcom's "Monster Hunter" video games, we shell see how this goes!

Take care of your self AZ and stay under the AC like me

Scott

I checked out about "Monster Hunter", and in a sort of way it reminds me of my favorite video game, "Diablo". So, it look to be a good choice for a live movie to me, and I noticed it is an anime series, too.

I am watching Gerry Anderson's UFO now, and I still haven't seen any strings coming out of the heads of the actors, nice job.(LOL!) So far, I have never found a Gerry Anderson produced show that I didn't like, even the unsold pilots.

Scott, do you like anime? I remember my first, Astroboy, and since anime is from Japan, then would you not call Rankin and Bass's THE HOBBIT and 80'S THUNDERCATS anime since they were animated in Japan?

I checked out about "Monster Hunter", and in a sort of way it reminds me of my favorite video game, "Diablo". So, it look to be a good choice for a live movie to me, and I noticed it is an anime series, too.

I am watching Gerry Anderson's UFO now, and I still haven't seen any strings coming out of the heads of the actors, nice job.(LOL!) So far, I have never found a Gerry Anderson produced show that I didn't like, even the unsold pilots.

Scott, do you like anime? I remember my first, Astroboy, and since anime is from Japan, then would you not call Rankin and Bass's THE HOBBIT and 80'S THUNDERCATS anime since they were animated in Japan?
    Hmmm I never heard or played "Monster Hunter" I'm reading about the game now! interesting story. I played the first Diablo, but never got the chance to play any of the others (work).

UFO is one of the best shows I ever saw as a teenager! never missed a episode and still watch it too. I've seen some of the other Gary Anderson shows, but Space 1999 and UFO are my favorite's. Every now and then "Comet TV" will show Thunderbirds Are Go or Thunderbird 6 movie's! which is nice to see again, oh they (Comet TV) has been showing "Flash Gorden" films! which has been nice seeing them again.

I watched Thundercats (my kids wanted to see them) along with all from the 80's and 90's anime, some where really good and we all 4 enjoyed watching them, but then my kids grow up and everything changed...school, girls, dance's...the normal teenage things. Now they still watch these shows but with there kids and my grandkids don't like them and want to watch the newer stuff "Not this old stuff" as they put it or play with there phone or ipad LOL things never change.

Scott