Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Outcast of the Star Trek Thread Reunion Thread Part II

Audio Restoration Project Spectre8750's Avatar
    Turn the color down and watch it in b&w.

You and your evil thoughts. I hear you now....

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre8750 View Post
    As always Spectre you come up with the lest resistance

Scott
    "Equal laws protecting equal rights; the best guarantee of loyalty and love of country." —James Madison (1820)

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre8750 View Post

I'll add that idea to the scrap book. I actually got to watch A Christmas Carol in glorious b&w on another channel.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AZSneed View Post
    I didn't see color TV until 1980, and I had to buy it. So, if in color or colorized, I watch, if in B&W, I still watch, but, I prefer in living color, or close to it.

USDA intercepted my seeds, I bet for the Military.

I like it how you say you had to buy it. Personally I get all my stuff off the back of a lorry.

Quote Originally Posted by theone2000 View Post
    I'll add that idea to the scrap book. I actually got to watch A Christmas Carol in glorious b&w on another channel.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

I like it how you say you had to buy it. Personally I get all my stuff off the back of a lorry.
    That's better then the five finger discount

Scott

I didn't hear that....unless I can use it against you.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

We have mentioned cheesy movies and series, my last one watched, was the serial, 1950 ATOM MAN VS. SUPERMAN. Everytime Superman flies, even with a rescued person, it is a cartoon. They also did it in 1948 SUPERMAN, both with Kirk Alyn. It is very distracting to see real/cartoon. Even the flying saucer in the serial a was cartoon. Shazam, and Batman were all real, no cartoons for the action shots. CHEESY!

Evil laugh eh?? [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I've never heard of Atom Man vs Superman. Makes me wonder how many of these shows were made and subsequently faded into obscurity. Talking cheesy, I caught a bit of a film today called The Day Time Ended (1979). Man, it was awful. Apparently a guy's solar panel equipped house goes back in time, but I didn't stick around to find out exactly what happened. I switched off when a small grey-type alien materialised and started doing a dance routine.

Yea, that is the right laugh.

The Day Time Ended, with Jim Davis. was weird and a bit cheezy. But, the box set I bought called it CLASSIC.

I watched a real classic, Dracula with Christopher Lee, and Peter Cushing. Two great actors. I like the death scene of Dracula, now that was classic. Got to love Hammer films.

Evil laugh eh?? [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I've never heard of Atom Man vs Superman. Makes me wonder how many of these shows were made and subsequently faded into obscurity. Talking cheesy, I caught a bit of a film today called The Day Time Ended (1979). Man, it was awful. Apparently a guy's solar panel equipped house goes back in time, but I didn't stick around to find out exactly what happened. I switched off when a small grey-type alien materialised and started doing a dance routine.
    Sounds like they belonged in obscurity!

I was watching syfy (what a awful name) last night and watched "Big Ass Spider" I got about 30 minutes into this movie and shut it off! Good Lord what a terrible, cheesy ass movie!! Sci-Fi has turned into a joke.

Scott

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Yea, that is the right laugh.

The Day Time Ended, with Jim Davis. was weird and a bit cheezy. But, the box set I bought called it CLASSIC.

I watched a real classic, Dracula with Christopher Lee, and Peter Cushing. Two great actors. I like the death scene of Dracula, now that was classic. Got to love Hammer films.
    Now Dracula (with Christopher Lee and Peter Cuching) is a real classic! Hell all the Hammer Dracula movies (with the two of them) are all classic's as far as I'm concerned.

I never heard of Atom Man vs Superman either! I'm sure there were hundreds made back in the forties and fifties, which means we have not missed much.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty57 View Post

Now Dracula (with Christopher Lee and Peter Cuching) is a real classic! Hell all the Hammer Dracula movies (with the two of them) are all classic's as far as I'm concerned

Scott
    I have to agree, Scotty and AZSneed. The Hammer collobaration between Lee and Cushing started with The Curse of Frankenstein (1957), I believe, followed by Dracula in 1958! Those two were great, but most of the follow-up movies were great, too, even if each movie series (Frankenstein and Dracula) didn't see them together again (with one exception: Dracula A. D. 1972). But both actors, for me at last, were born for those two roles!

My favourite Dr. Who was Peter Cushing. I saw him in an episode of the New Avengers the other day, where he played a doctor who was charged with reviving Hitler from a coma. More cheesy story-lines!

Christopher Lee is a step-cousin of Ian Fleming. However, he played the role of the bad guy in The Man with the Golden Gun.

Well, another anniversary is next weekend. I plan to watch the first episode, is glorious Black and White, as broadcast in 1964.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

That's a show that switched from glorious b&w to colour half way through, like a few others. Hey, how about turning up the colour on those b&w shows? Or does it not work that way?

If you give me a grant, I will research it, and come up with an app to turn up the colour on b&w shows.

Quote Originally Posted by soundtrekker View Post
    I have to agree, Scotty and AZSneed. The Hammer collobaration between Lee and Cushing started with The Curse of Frankenstein (1957), I believe, followed by Dracula in 1958! Those two were great, but most of the follow-up movies were great, too, even if each movie series (Frankenstein and Dracula) didn't see them together again (with one exception: Dracula A. D. 1972). But both actors, for me at last, were born for those two roles!
    Totally agree my friend on all counts!

When Christopher Lee is gone, it real be truly an end of a great era! his roll of Dracula scared the crap out of me when I was a kid, those bloodshot eyes! and he had no lines, just used his facial expressions and body movement! what actor today can do what he did?...None I say.

Scott

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Well, another anniversary is next weekend. I plan to watch the first episode, is glorious Black and White, as broadcast in 1964.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    I do love the b&w episodes better then the later ones.

Happy Anniversary USOS Seaview

Scott

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

My favorite Dr. Who was Peter Cushing. I saw him in an episode of the New Avengers the other day, where he played a doctor who was charged with reviving Hitler from a coma. More cheesy story-lines!

Christopher Lee is a step-cousin of Ian Fleming. However, he played the role of the bad guy in The Man with the Golden Gun.
    I did not know that! He did and played it very well! but what does one expect from Sir Cushing...nothing but the best

Scott
    Last edited by Scotty57; 09-08-2014 at 09:31 PM.

Scott, you are showing your age, preferring B&W. Get with it man! We are in the 21st Century, color is IT!

I do like the stories in the first season of VTTBOTS better, but, seeing the Flying Sub, and the Monster of the Week, real fun!

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

A rumor I am starting, for the 50th of TOS, a new series...ST:The Geriatrics Years with all of the original cast. Since the actor for Scotty and McCoy are not available, they will be CGI, and to piss off Shatner, they will look as they did in TOS. They are thinking of doing a different hair style (rug) for Shatner every episode, so there will be some action.

Scott, you are showing your age, preferring B&W. Get with it man! We are in the 21st Century, color is IT!

I do like the stories in the first season of VTTBOTS better, but, seeing the Flying Sub, and the Monster of the Week, real fun!

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

A rumor I am starting, for the 50th of TOS, a new series...ST:The Geriatrics Years with all of the original cast. Since the actor for Scotty and McCoy are not available, they will be CGI, and to piss off Shatner, they will look as they did in TOS. They are thinking of doing a different hair style (rug) for Shatner every episode, so there will be some action.
    LOL yep I'm getting to be the old fart around here! Oh I think Star Wars in Black and White would have been perfect

For me then one I remember shown the most was the giant creature from the black lagoon look a like! when I saw the episode where this monster garbed the front of the seaview and began turning it side to side, I gave up watching the show LOOOOL

I can see Shatner fanatically searching to find his new episode rug every week hehehehehe

Scott

Every time I watch that episode with the giant creature from the black lagoon look a like rocking the Seaview side to side, I want to do that with my 39 inch model. I like that creature. Where is your inner child?

I have an 8mm B&W shortened film of Star Wars. Like watching a movie serial from the 30's.....you remember watching them in the theater?

Every time I watch that episode with the giant creature from the black lagoon look a like rocking the Seaview side to side, I want to do that with my 39 inch model. I like that creature. Where is your inner child?

I have an 8mm B&W shortened film of Star Wars. Like watching a movie serial from the 30's.....you remember watching them in the theater?

I guess my inner child ran away

A friend that lived around the block from me use to buy those short films all the time! we had a blast watching them over and over on the weekends, he even got some of the old serials! not quit the same, without sound, but we enjoyed them none the less. I remember someone I know had that 8mm film of star wars! I think I saw it once, it sure was the fastest 2 hour movie in less then 3 minutes I ever saw

Now what a minute you young whippersnapper! if I could raise my cane and smack you on the head...just once! (hmmmm if I remember right, AZ is the same age I am!) look who is calling the cattle black, you old fart!!

Scott

I will be the same age as you on Sunday. I turned 6 years old on the day VTTBOTS debuted. Plus, I share B'day with Walter Koenig and Clayton Moore.

I will be the same age as you on Sunday. I turned 6 years old on the day VTTBOTS debuted. Plus, I share B'day with Walter Koenig and Clayton Moore.
    and five days later I go up another year! your still a year behind me Wait!...ah crap that means I'm still the old fart here....damn!

Scott

I just heard Richard Kiel Dead at 74 Today! what a shame he lived up in Yosemite Lakes (a gated community) about 40 minutes from where I live! apparently he was in the one of the local hospitals here in town. My dad met him once when my dad went to Coarsegold (a small mountain town) to have lunch with a old friend of his! Mr. Kiel was doing the same (lunch that is, with his family) and my dad went up to him and told how he liked his roll in "Moonraker" Mr. Kiel was a very humble man and well read person. He well be missed.
    Last edited by Scotty57; 09-11-2014 at 03:27 PM.

I'm STILL YOUNGER!

I read about Richard Kiel passing. I liked how he, as Jaws, went from bad guy to good in Moonraker. Most people forget, that an actor that plays bad guys, are not bad in real life, and he was not.

I'm STILL YOUNGER!

I read about Richard Kiel passing. I liked how he, as Jaws, went from bad guy to good in Moonraker. Most people forget, that an actor that plays bad guys, are not bad in real life, and he was not.

Yeah from what I understand he was a real genital giant!

Scott

Some more series that turn 50 this month:

'Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea'
    Debut: Monday, September 14, ABC

'Bewitched'
    Debut: Thursday, September 17, ABC

'Jonny Quest'
    Debut: Friday, September 18, ABC

'The Addams Family'

'Flipper'
    Debut: Saturday, September 19, NBC

'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
    Debut: Tuesday, September 22, NBC

'The Munsters'
    Debut: Thursday, September 24, CBS

'Daniel Boone'
    Debut: Thursday, September 24, NBC

'Gomer Pyle - USMC'
    Debut: Friday, September 25, CBS

'Gilligan's Island'
    Debut: Saturday, September 26, CBS

Some more series that turn 50 this month:

'Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea'
    Debut: Monday, September 14, ABC

'Bewitched'
    Debut: Thursday, September 17, ABC

'Jonny Quest'

'The Addams Family'

'Flipper'
    Debut: Saturday, September 19, NBC

'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
    Debut: Tuesday, September 22, NBC

'The Munsters'
    Debut: Thursday, September 24, CBS

'Daniel Boone'
    Debut: Thursday, September 24, NBC

'Gomer Pyle - USMC'
    Debut: Friday, September 25, CBS

'Gilligan's Island'
    Debut: Saturday, September 26, CBS
    The only tv show in that list I remember well from the early 70ies (in Germany, that is) was "Flipper", that was VERY popular then in my country - all the kids I knew watched that one. They even did a German version of the title song:

"Wir rufen Flipper, Flipper,
    den Freund aller Kinder
    jeder kennt ihn,
    den Klugen Delphin..."

That was the beginning, as I remember it. Translated it was something like that:

"We're calling Flipper,
    Flipper, the friend of all children,
    everybody knows him,
    that smart dolphin..."

Brings back memories... now I'm 53, and my kids, twin girls aged 16, are watching shows like Navy CIS, NCIS L.A.! Times change...