Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 331

Thread: "Marvel Cinematic Universe" Discussion Thread

  1. #101
    Biomecha Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    932
    Another update on the Age of Ultron score, Danny Elfman who was credited as the provider of 'Additional Music', will be adapting Silvestri's theme from the 2012 Avengers for the new movie.

    "I was doing the same thing actually just last week because I've contributed music to the new Avengers movie, I took part of Alan Silvestri's theme on the original [movie], which I really liked, and I pulled it into it new theme, which became kind of a hybrid. I really enjoyed that." - Danny Elfman


    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    // [Hidden link. Register to see links.] //

  2. #102
    President of the Official Custom Covers Thread James P.Sullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monstropolis
    Posts
    7,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    Another update on the Age of Ultron score, Danny Elfman who was credited as the provider of 'Additional Music', will be adapting Silvestri's theme from the 2012 Avengers for the new movie.

    "I was doing the same thing actually just last week because I've contributed music to the new Avengers movie, I took part of Alan Silvestri's theme on the original [movie], which I really liked, and I pulled it into it new theme, which became kind of a hybrid. I really enjoyed that." - Danny Elfman


    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    That's really interesting! Can't wait to hear it.

    By the way, I've had to do a bit of skim reading here recently, so as to not spoil anything about The Avengers/Iron Man 3, as I still haven't seen them. Would you guys mind spoilering any info about the films that could be spoilers? I will watch them one day soon, I promise!!
    Complete Score Wishlist

    Cars - R. Newman
    The Judge, Adjustment Bureau - T. Newman
    The Commuter - Baņos
    S.H.I.E.L.D. - McCreary
    Day After Tomorrow - Kloser
    Witch Mountain - Rabin
    Legend of the Guardians - Hirschfelder
    Maze Runner 1-3 - Paesano

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  3. #103
    How 'bout a magic trick? Jasonjhn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,732
    Quote Originally Posted by James P.Sullivan View Post
    That's really interesting! Can't wait to hear it.

    By the way, I've had to do a bit of skim reading here recently, so as to not spoil anything about The Avengers/Iron Man 3, as I still haven't seen them. Would you guys mind spoilering any info about the films that could be spoilers? I will watch them one day soon, I promise!!
    I only just recently got around to watching IM3. I think I've seen every single MCU film now (except for the Hulk film with Norton). I know that some people really disliked IM3, I actually thought it was pretty good. Not great, but still a fun watch.

    My blog
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    My imgur
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  4. #104
    Grand Shriner the marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,714
    Why would they need to hire Elfman to adapt Silvestri's theme?

  5. #105
    Official Shrine Grinch TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonjhn8 View Post
    I only just recently got around to watching IM3. I think I've seen every single MCU film now (except for the Hulk film with Norton). I know that some people really disliked IM3, I actually thought it was pretty good. Not great, but still a fun watch.
    I think it's the worst film in the MCU. EDIT: Spoilered for Sulley
    Spoiler!


    I make it sound horrible, but all in all it wasn't that bad of a movie. It just wasn't up to the standard that Marvel has set for itself.
    Last edited by TheSkeletonMan939; 03-14-2015 at 01:04 PM.

  6. #106
    How 'bout a magic trick? Jasonjhn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,732
    Sully requested that anything "spoiler-ish" about IM3 or Avengers be spoiler tagged.

    ---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

    That being said I agree with your points. There are some major weaknesses. However:

    Spoiler!


    ---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by the marvin View Post
    Why would they need to hire Elfman to adapt Silvestri's theme?
    Yeah, good question. Why not just have Tyler adapt the theme? Why did they need Elfman instead? My guess is that Elfman's music will be for the end credits scene, and then he will be scoring whatever future Marvel film is teased in that scene (Ant Man? Civil war?). Just a guess...

  7. #107
    Official Shrine Grinch TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonjhn8 View Post
    Spoiler!
    Oh.

    I must have missed that part.

  8. #108
    President of the Official Custom Covers Thread James P.Sullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monstropolis
    Posts
    7,285
    Thanks for the spoilers, guys!

    I can't wait to see it, despite the negative reviews. More of RDJ as Anthony Stark couldn't possibly be a waste of time. Speaking of which...

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  9. #109
    How 'bout a magic trick? Jasonjhn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,732
    I saw that video a couple days ago and it really made me laugh. It keeps getting funnier and funnier the longer it goes.

  10. #110
    President of the Official Custom Covers Thread James P.Sullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monstropolis
    Posts
    7,285
    Screenrant (late to the party - we already knew) have written an article regarding Elfman's involvement in AoU. Here's a quote from the article:

    Quote Originally Posted by ScreenRant
    Given Brian Tyler’s less-than-memorable themes for Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 (try humming them right now), it will be interesting to see how much – or how little – he builds off of Silvestri’s work.
    I haven't seen either Thor 2 or Iron Man 3 yet, but I'm humming Tyler's IM3 theme right now... and loving every minute of it.

  11. #111
    How 'bout a magic trick? Jasonjhn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,732
    Iron Man 3 might not be the best score around, but the main theme is awesome. Same with Thor 2. I don't get the hate. If you want to label Thor 2 as a "Zimmer clone" score, that's your call. I'm not claiming it's super original, just a heck of a lot of fun to listen to.

  12. #112
    Grand Shriner the marvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,714
    These guys at Screenrant, which is a site I visit often, have no idea what they're talking about!
    Tyler's themes are some of the best of the MCU, his theme for Iron Man is the best of the Trilogy!
    Regarding Elfman, I might have an answer. They had to do some reshoots, so maybe Tyler wasn't available to score the new scenes (he was probably working on Furious 7), so Elfman was called in. And if that means Elfman will keep working with Marvel, I'm all for it!

  13. #113
    Grand Shriner Killgrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,222
    Screenrant eagerly awaits news that Alaska and Hawaii have become our 49th and 50th states.

  14. #114
    RETIRED VIKING max_stein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Great North Woods
    Posts
    1,286
    I like IM3 the best, the other two are alright, have them all on DVD. I enjoyed most of the Marvel movies so far. Avengers is still my favorite.
    That which does not kill you makes you stronger.

  15. #115
    President of the Official Custom Covers Thread James P.Sullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monstropolis
    Posts
    7,285
    Quote Originally Posted by max_stein View Post
    I like IM3 the best, the other two are alright, have them all on DVD. I enjoyed most of the Marvel movies so far. Avengers is still my favorite.
    That's the most positive thing I've heard so far about IM3. Even better than the first one?!

  16. #116
    RETIRED VIKING max_stein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Great North Woods
    Posts
    1,286
    The 1st one was very good, just liked the 3rd one better. After Avengers I think I started to like Iron Man more so that could have something to do with it.

  17. #117
    Official Shrine Grinch TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,490
    I wonder if the inevitable giant Phase 2 box set will include most - if not all - of the deleted scenes for Iron Man 3; the inital cut ran over 3 hours! Unless it was an extra 45 minutes of [Hidden link. Register to see links.], maybe they would fill in some plot holes and make it more watchable.

  18. #118
    Grand Shriner Killgrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,222
    "Final" Avengers: AoU trailer. It focuses on Black Widow.

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    More certain than ever Natasha dies.

    Not looking forward to that moment.

    At all.

  19. #119
    Official Shrine Grinch TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,490
    But I thought I read she would be in Civil War.

  20. #120
    Grand Shriner Killgrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,222
    True. And maybe she will. I could be completely wrong in my assumption. A part of me wants to be wrong.

    However, Black Widow played a key role in CA:TWS and if her name was absent from Civil War's roster most people would conclude she dies in AoU. Marvel wants her death to be a surprise.

    If Marvel is serious about making superhero movies with substance, then there must be serious consequences to the Avengers' actions otherwise it's just another rearranging of the deck chairs. What could cause Tony to support the registration of superheroes? That's a pretty drastic step. Tony's always presented himself as a fairly glib-everything-rolls-off-my-back kind of character but Natasha's death would pierce that armor. And Steve is closer than anyone to her. Her death would wound him.

    Also the films have established the rivalry between Tony and Steve and Black Widow's death could turn rivalry into open opposition.

    And as for Banner, maybe the fight between IM and the Hulk isn't a result of the Scarlet Witch's "magic" but Natasha's death. Imagine what her dying would do to Banner.

    It would turn him truly into a rage monster.

  21. #121
    The Dancing Clown pottyaboutpotter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    713
    I think War Machine is the one to die. He's expendable and not confirmed for any more movies.
    You'll float too. We all float down here.

    Wishlist:
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Complete
    Avengers: Infinity War Complete
    Avengers: Endgame Complete
    The Hobbit Trilogy Complete
    Before I Wake - Danny Elfman Tracks
    Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them Complete
    Dunkirk Expanded/Complete

  22. #122
    Grand Shriner Killgrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,222
    No one cares about War Machine. The audience hasn't asked for a War Machine stand alone film as it has for Black Widow. War Machine hasn't had the screen time or been as integral to a movie as Black Widow.

    Black Widow has no super powers, she's not encased in a suit of armor. She has her training and her wits.

    Ultron kills War Machine its merely metal grinding metal.

    Ultron kills the Black Widow its the villain killing a character whose become flesh and blood to the audience.

    Also killing a woman, in particular a beautiful woman, by a physically superior adversary who enjoys inflicting harming, has - regardless of how egalitarian and gender blind society supposedly is today (and it's not) - a greater effect on the audience than killing a guy in a metal battle suit.

    All those strong alpha males and none could save Natasha. If Ultron wants to tear them apart from the inside, well that would be a sure way of accomplishing that task.

    Whedon is a writer and a good one and he knows one of the first rules of writing:

    "Kill your darlings."

  23. #123
    The Dancing Clown pottyaboutpotter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by Killgrave View Post
    No one cares about War Machine. The audience hasn't asked for a War Machine stand alone film as it has for Black Widow. War Machine hasn't had the screen time or been as integral to a movie as Black Widow.

    Black Widow has no super powers, she's not encased in a suit of armor. She has her training and her wits.

    Ultron kills War Machine its merely metal grinding metal.

    Ultron kills the Black Widow its the villain killing a character whose become flesh and blood to the audience.

    Also killing a woman, in particular a beautiful woman, by a physically superior adversary who enjoys inflicting harming, has - regardless of how egalitarian and gender blind society supposedly is today (and it's not) - a greater effect on the audience than killing a guy in a metal battle suit.

    All those strong alpha males and none could save Natasha. If Ultron wants to tear them apart from the inside, well that would be a sure way of accomplishing that task.

    Whedon is a writer and a good one and he knows one of the first rules of writing:

    "Kill your darlings."
    Audiences do care about War Machine. He's one of the most popular supporting characters and has been there since the first MCU movie. People will care if he dies. Black Widow is just unlikely to die.

  24. #124
    Grand Shriner Killgrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,222
    Really? What metric do you base your conclusion on? Didn't hear a great deal of outcry when Cheadle replaced Howard as War Machine. Audiences and fans haven't asked for a War Machine movie for one simple reason:

    There's only room for one armored Avenger in the MCU and that Avenger is Iron Man. Lose War Machine and you still have Tony.

    But there is only one Black Widow.

  25. #125
    President of the Official Custom Covers Thread James P.Sullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Monstropolis
    Posts
    7,285
    I have to agree with Killgrave. Although War Machine might be popular, so are all the characters, even Hawkeye. If Marvel are wanting to shock audiences, Black Widow is the way to go, albeit an unfortunate way to go.

    Oh, and btw War Machine wasn't in the first MCU film. Howard was never War Machine. As CinemaSins put it, when Rhodey looks at the Mk II just before Tony fights Stane and says "Next time, baby.": "Yeah, but not you."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •