Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: "Marvel Cinematic Universe" Discussion Thread

How 'bout a magic trick? Jasonjhn8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James P.Sullivan View Post
    Well guys, I finally watched Thor yesterday! So that's one down, six to go!

It's a great movie, and there are several particularly funny quotes. I love Chris Hemsworth! Fitted the character absolutely perfectly. I can't wait to see him side-by-side with Stark!!

(I'm downloading the sessions Lockdown posted now... do we have any higher bit rate than 192? Also, do we have a version with slates?)
    That is an old thread, Lockdown posted a FLAC version earlier this year.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

My blog
    My imgur

President of the Official Custom Covers Thread James P.Sullivan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonjhn8 View Post
    That is an old thread, Lockdown posted a FLAC version earlier this year.
    Thanks for the heads up! Apart from the quality, are there any differences to the 192k version?
    Complete Score Wishlist

Cars - R. Newman
    The Judge, Adjustment Bureau - T. Newman
    The Commuter - Baņos
    S.H.I.E.L.D. - McCreary
    Day After Tomorrow - Kloser
    Witch Mountain - Rabin
    Legend of the Guardians - Hirschfelder
    Maze Runner 1-3 - Paesano

How 'bout a magic trick? Jasonjhn8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James P.Sullivan View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Apart from the quality, are there any differences to the 192k version?
    Not that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by the marvin View Post
    The problem with Iron Man 3 is that it's a Shane Black movie through and through so it's completely different from the other two! Chances are if you like Black's movies like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (which i love) you'll probably find a few things to love in this one! It's still entertaining and fun and has a lot of Iron Man suits!
    SPOILER ALERT!!!

I liked KKBB and hated IM3. Black went too overboard with his comedy, which is great in moderation. Here every single second something funny was happening and the Mandarin. Initiating rant. Oh god! What the hell was that? The best villain Iron Man had has been reduced to a stupid joke and for what, so that Aldrich Killian could state that 'I am the Mandarin'. If anyone here's read the original Extremis comic (which is much much better than the film and what it's supposedly based on), there is no Mandarin in the story who could have been saved up for another movie like they're doing with Thanos. Killian and Hansen are much better there than here. To make matters even worse and confusing, the real Mandarin exists, he's pissed about this whole affair and nabs the actor dude(Kingsley) from prison(source is the Marvel One-Shot Hail To The King, which is pretty good all things considered)

This is actually the only Marvel movie that even RDJ's persona can't save. AND THAT ENDING?!? So what, Pepper's going to sub in for Iron Man in the Avengers now. IF HE COULD GET RID OF THE SHARDS IN HIS HEART WITH A SIMPLE OPERATION THAN WHY GO THROUGH THE WHOLE IRON MAN THING IN THE FIRST PLACE! The whole thing would've been solved when he returned from Afghanistan in the first film. Now what? If he comes back as Iron Man in AoU then what was the point of having it removed, they're probably going to come up with some stupid "oh he HAD to put the suit on again to save the world against his own creation" which is okay but it could've been done without the whole op thing in the first place (don't these Marvel directors/writers talk to each other? I mean it is a pretty interconnected universe, what happens in one movie affects the others too). Rant over.

I think they're not going to recast anybody. They'll change the people but keep the superheroes. They're already prepping Sam Wilson(Anthony Mackie) A.K.A Falcon to be the next Cap once Chris Evans bids farewell(or as I think die in Civil War). As much as I love Thor, Fandral (Zach Levi) could take over or even Sif (Jamie Alexander) now that they've swapped the genders. It's tougher than anyone else in case of Iron Man, RDJ IS Tony Stark who may or may not remain Iron Man as of IM3, plus there really isn't anyone who could take up the mantle in the MCU anyway. They could also not do any of that and completely change the Avengers line-up. Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and Black Panther are joining the universe in the next phase, they've already introduced the Maximoff siblings in AoU plus the Netflix/Agents of SHIELD people could be promoted. All in all, things are only getting better if you're a Marvel fan from here on out. Of course, my condolences to our DC brethren for the inconsolable loss of their slowly decomposing film universe, if you could call it that.

Yeah I'm still not sure how i feel about IM3. I think it's entertaining but it could have been a lot better (It's a lot better than IM2 though!). I'm not a big fan of the whole mandarin thing!
    By the way is anyone still watching Agents of Shield? I stopped watching after the first season, which was really hard to get through, but apparently season 2 is much better so I'm thinking about giving the show another chance. What do you guys think?

Was it just me, or did anybody else replay the new Age of Ultron trailer at 0.25 speed, pausing it numerous times to fully take in all the details of every new shot?!

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

Just look at the detail of the Hulkbuster's hand repulsors!!

Don't Worry, it's not just you! I think it's good that the trailer is so short, it shows just enough without spoiling the whole movie.
    One of the most interesting things from the trailer is what looks like a young Black Widow being experimented on. Maybe she's actually as old as she is in the comics?

Yeah, I hate it when trailers give away most of the story. Don't get me started on HTTYD2.

Indeed, it looks very interesting! Can't wait to find out more about Black Widow's past. Tbh, anything with her in is worth watching. She is so DAMN good-looking.

Oh yeah right, Hiccup's Mom. At least they didn't show (SPOILERS!) what happens to Stoick!
    In the comics Black Widow was actually trained by the Winter Soldier, and then they became lovers when he became Captain America.
    Yep, she's really hot!

If memory serves in the MCU, that is the Marvel Comics Universe, there have been a succession of Black Widows, so it's the name of a position, rather than a person. But the continuity of comics is nothing if not fluid and flexible so I could have that wrong.

I think we can all agree that Ms. Johansson is pitch perfect as Natasha and I don't just mean her considerable beauty. She makes the character interesting when she's not beating the crap out of the bad guys. (Which is why it's a head scratcher that Marvel has not green-lit a Black Widow solo film, especially after the success of Lucy. She can headline and carry a film to the finish line.)

But on the plus side she will be Major Motoko Kusanagi in the live action version of Ghost in the Shell. (Although this, at least for now, seems to be another example of Hollywood white-washing a character for mass consumption.)

I will always wonder what Emily Blunt, who was the originally slated to be the Black Widow, would have done with the role. Ms. Blunt would make a great Captain Marvel.

Couldn't resist grabbing these HD Screenshots...

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Killgrave View Post
    If memory serves in the MCU, that is the Marvel Comics Universe, there have been a succession of Black Widows, so it's the name of a position, rather than a person. But the continuity of comics is nothing if not fluid and flexible so I could have that wrong.

I think we can all agree that Ms. Johansson is pitch perfect as Natasha and I don't just mean her considerable beauty. She makes the character interesting when she's not beating the crap out of the bad guys. (Which is why it's a head scratcher that Marvel has not green-lit a Black Widow solo film, especially after the success of Lucy. She can headline and carry a film to the finish line.)

But on the plus side she will be Major Motoko Kusanagi in the live action version of Ghost in the Shell. (Although this, at least for now, seems to be another example of Hollywood white-washing a character for mass consumption.)

I will always wonder what Emily Blunt, who was the originally slated to be the Black Widow, would have done with the role. Ms. Blunt would make a great Captain Marvel.
    I don't remember anything about Black Widow being a position rather than a person from the movies, where did you hear that?
    If not a movie, a spy show on netflix would also be great!
    Margot Robbie would have been a great Ms Marvel IMO, but now that she's playing Harley Queen, that won't happen.

Official Shrine Grinch TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
    I don't believe it! [Hidden link. Register to see links.] for Civil War!

Just read this:

Third reboot in fifteen years. After a trilogy and a duology, recasting people, what a nightmare.

// [Hidden link. Register to see links.] //

Super Mario Galaxy, WAHOO!!! Moonboy65's Avatar
    spidey finally joins the Marvel Cinematic Universe FINALLY

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    well, after sony fucked up 3 consecutive spiderman movies, it was inevitable.
    too bad there wont be a ASM3 featuring the sinister 6 (with the same cast) as it was implied in the second.
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    many of my posts are paid for by the department of redundancy deparment's payment
    as of recently and for the rest of winter, expect many typos. my hands are freezing during the night
    #gamefaqssupportswomenbeaters

Nah man, they weren't planning for a Sinister Six movie with Spider-Man. They were planning a Sinister Six movie without Spider-Man.

Seriously.

Saw this image today and thought it was sort of funny:

I have to admit, Fox has actually been doing a halfway decent job with X-Men as of late. First Class was great, Days of Future Past was a blast, The Wolverine actually wasn't that bad and Apocalypse might actually be good!

Fox at least learned from the mistakes that are Last Stand and Origins and brought back Singer. (It's never a good sign for a studio when the actor playing the franchise's most popular character - Jackman, Wolverine - comes out and says those movies weren't very good.) Sony never got or read that memo and it cost them a franchise.

The Dancing Clown pottyaboutpotter1's Avatar
    There's only one Marvel series that needs rescuing from Fox. Fantastic Four.
    You'll float too. We all float down here.

Wishlist:
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Complete
    Avengers: Infinity War Complete
    Avengers: Endgame Complete
    The Hobbit Trilogy Complete
    Before I Wake - Danny Elfman Tracks
    Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them Complete
    Dunkirk Expanded/Complete

Come August we will see just how Fantastic the Four are. The trailer really did nothing to assuage my fears. Considering all the negative reports about the film's shooting, how crowded the summer is with superhero films and with the clock running out you'd think Fox would have released a far more impactful trailer. Fox needed and needs to make the audience aware of this film and the radio silence is not helping. (Compare how much info James Gunn posted on Twitter and Facebook about Guardians. It helped raise the film's profile about a comic that most people had never heard of. Plus it had some kick ass trailers that made you want to see the film.)

Doubts flourish in the absence of information.

Neg
    Agent Carter Season Finale Tonight. Shame I Have Rather Enjoyed The Show. But Hey Hey Agents of Shield Will Be Back!

In the battle of the Agents I prefer Carter over Shield. In two years AoS has yet to, at least for me, catch fire. At times it seems as though AoS is embarrassed of its comic book origins and refusing to fully embrace them whereas Carter has shown no such reluctance. I will admit to a certain bias as I am a fan of Ms. Atwell.
    Last edited by Killgrave; 02-24-2015 at 03:26 PM.

Marvel drops the third and probably final Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer Thursday evening during the premiere of American Crime on ABC. Check your local listing for time.