Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: "Marvel Cinematic Universe" Discussion Thread

How 'bout a magic trick? Jasonjhn8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killgrave View Post
    If RDJ doesn't return (and Black wrote and directed Iron Man 3 as though it was RDJ's final appearance as IM) I wonder who Marvel will choose as his successor? Talk about big titanium alloy boots to fill.
    Well RDJ is in Age of Ultron. After that I don't know though...

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gold View Post
    [/COLOR]Just Found This
    Iron Man 4 Release Date Canceled? Robert Downey Jr Will Be Killed Off in New Avengers 2 Movie?

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

:0
    Interesting, but just speculation.

My blog
    My imgur

Neg
    I Hope to God (Thor)

President of the Official Custom Covers Thread RIP James P.Sullivan's Avatar
    He Has Not Renewed His Contract with Marvel So Maybe He Won't Return.
    TBH If He Doesn't I Think They Won't Get Anyone Else

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Just Found This
    Iron Man 4 Release Date Canceled? Robert Downey Jr Will Be Killed Off in New Avengers 2 Movie?

:0
    Nooooooooo!!!!!!! D:
    Complete Score Wishlist

Cars - R. Newman
    The Judge, Adjustment Bureau - T. Newman
    The Commuter - Baņos
    S.H.I.E.L.D. - McCreary
    Day After Tomorrow - Kloser
    Witch Mountain - Rabin
    Legend of the Guardians - Hirschfelder
    Maze Runner 1-3 - Paesano

Neg
    I KNOW!!!!

Marvel is known for locking their actors into multi movie contracts. (Chris Evans a.k.a. Captain America originally had, if memory serves, a nine movie deal that was shortened to six movies making the 2016 Cap 3 Evans' last appearance as the Star Spangled Man.)

Can't see Marvel killing off Stark. With the collapse of SHIELD he's funding the Avengers, the character is way too popular and how many other genius, billionaires are there, even in the Marvel Universe? Now, waiting for two or three years after Avengers 2 and recasting the role of Stark, that I can see. (Wouldn't be easy, the new actor would have to probably play Tony differently than RDJ has. But Bale replaced Keaton as Batman and did a fantastic job.)

Or maybe retiring the character. Unlikely, considering again how popular Stark/IM are with audiences, but it's a possibility. It all depends on Marvel's Phase III plans.

Can't wait to watch CA and Thor to get to The Avengers and then another whole movie dedicated to Iron Man... Some have said that IM3 was fantastic, but I've heard others say it was pretty rubbish - what are people's opinions here?

IM3 was rubbish, absolute, thorough-going rubbish. Shane Black should never, ever, be allowed near another Marvel property. He obviously hates the idea of heroes or doesn't take them seriously. He certainly didn't take the Mandarin seriously reducing the villain to a joke.

IM3 was rubbish, absolute, thorough-going rubbish. Shane Black should never, ever, be allowed near another Marvel property. He obviously hates the idea of heroes or doesn't take them seriously. He certainly didn't take the Mandarin seriously reducing the villain to a joke.
    Oh dear! That does sound bad! Why wasn't Favreau asked back? Maybe because IM2 wasn't as good as the original. How would you rate IM2 compared to IM3?

Neg
    HELL OF A LOT BETTER!

HELL OF A LOT BETTER!
    Really? I liked IM2, but not as much as the first film. I am very intrigued to see IM3 now, if IM2 is really that much better!

Neg
    IM 1 Is The Best And 3 Is The Worst

IM1 is the best but I give IM2 a close second. It actually had something to say as opposed to IM3 which was constructed to deconstruct Iron Man. I mean in Avengers IM goes toe to toe with Thor, survives the ninja blender blades of death that are the Helicarrier's engines, goes into space through a wormhole and yet in IM3, Tony gets taken down by a guy with a fiery handshake? What, Aldrich developed a secret-G.I. Joe kung-fu grip that disables IM's armor? (Or the Iron Patriot's for that matter?) And Aldrich becomes a super villain all because Tony in a drunken stupor leaves him stranded overnight on a roof top? That's all it takes to become a super villain in Black's world? What next, a guy goes super villain because a Starbuck's barista screws up his order?

Banned
    Marvel is known for locking their actors into multi movie contracts. (Chris Evans a.k.a. Captain America originally had, if memory serves, a nine movie deal that was shortened to six movies making the 2016 Cap 3 Evans' last appearance as the Star Spangled Man.)
    I remember reading that as well, it was originally 9 movies.

Can't see Marvel killing off Stark. With the collapse of SHIELD he's funding the Avengers, the character is way too popular and how many other genius, billionaires are there, even in the Marvel Universe? Now, waiting for two or three years after Avengers 2 and recasting the role of Stark, that I can see. (Wouldn't be easy, the new actor would have to probably play Tony differently than RDJ has. But Bale replaced Keaton as Batman and did a fantastic job.)
    I don't see it happening either, but it could happen. Robert Downey, Jr. IS Iron Man. And that's all I have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by James P.Sullivan View Post
    Can't wait to watch CA and Thor to get to The Avengers and then another whole movie dedicated to Iron Man... Some have said that IM3 was fantastic, but I've heard others say it was pretty rubbish - what are people's opinions here?
    IM3 was the worst of the 3. It was still entertaining, just not as good as 1 and 2.

That's why it was so bad. John Favreau should have done it, but maybe he just wanted a break or he was busy working on Chef?

IM1 is the best but I give IM2 a close second. It actually had something to say as opposed to IM3 which was constructed to deconstruct Iron Man. I mean in Avengers IM goes....
    I would spoil-tag this right now on the off-chance Sully hasn't seen it yet, as it's a spoiler. He's yet to see The Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by DAKoftheOTA View Post
    I remember reading that as well, it was originally 9 movies.

I don't see it happening either, but it could happen. Robert Downey, Jr. IS Iron Man. And that's all I have to say about that.

IM3 was the worst of the 3. It was still entertaining, just not as good as 1 and 2.

That's why it was so bad. John Favreau should have done it, but maybe he just wanted a break or he was busy working on Chef?

I would spoil-tag this right now on the off-chance Sully hasn't seen it yet, as it's a spoiler. He's yet to see The Avengers
    I agree. Like Stark and his suit, RDJ and Stark are one. Impossible to separate.

Yes, thanks DAK! I began reading Killgrave's post, but stopped at that exact point. I'll try to get Thor, CA, and The Avengers all ticked off my watch list in the next couple of weeks. Sorry for the conversation restrictions at present! And thanks for thinking of me!

The problem with Iron Man 3 is that it's a Shane Black movie through and through so it's completely different from the other two! Chances are if you like Black's movies like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (which i love) you'll probably find a few things to love in this one! It's still entertaining and fun and has a lot of Iron Man suits! Enjoy the movies, they're all fun in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by the marvin View Post
    The problem with Iron Man 3 is that it's a Shane Black movie through and through so it's completely different from the other two! Chances are if you like Black's movies like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (which i love) you'll probably find a few things to love in this one! It's still entertaining and fun and has a lot of Iron Man suits! Enjoy the movies, they're all fun in my opinion!
    I've never seen a Black movie, but I'm sure it'll be entertaining enough. As long as it has RDJ, I'll be sure to enjoy something!

Neg
    Captain America: Winter Soldier:

Serpasses The Rest Of The Marvels By Miles. Sabastian Stan Was Excellent (Makes Me Forgive Him For Dropping Out of Once Upon A Time, Although I Still Miss the Madhatter)
    The Mixture of Action, Story & Music Aswell As Acting Balanced Perfectly Not To Long Just Right And Set A Strong Standard For A 3rd Installment Aswell as the Rest of The Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    Chris Evans, Scarlett Johanson & SLJ Perfect As Always!
    Bring On CA3!

Well guys, I finally watched Thor yesterday! So that's one down, six to go!

It's a great movie, and there are several particularly funny quotes. I love Chris Hemsworth! Fitted the character absolutely perfectly. I can't wait to see him side-by-side with Stark!!

(I'm downloading the sessions Lockdown posted now... do we have any higher bit rate than 192? Also, do we have a version with slates?)

Who knows? Maybe it'll be only five to go this time tomorrow...?

Neg

Quote Originally Posted by the marvin View Post
    Best bit of the film.

Oh good - finally got round to finishing downloading the Thor Sessions and they do have slates. Me happy.

The Avengers' lineup will be different after Ultron as will the MCU. The fallout from Ultron has Marvel taking their universe in the Civil War storyline which if rumors are true means Cap and Stark opposed philosophically and physically to one another. And the AOU trailer focused on the Mjolnir phrase "if he be worthy" and it's quite obvious Ultron does not believe the Avengers are worthy. Whedon wouldn't bring attention to that inscription if he didn't have larger plans in mind. There is some speculation that something will happen to Thor that makes him doubt his worthiness.

Must say I am really looking forward to seeing AOU and what happens next in the MCU. (Another rumor: Avengers 3 will crossover with the Guardians. That will be fun.) I give Marvel credit: they aren't afraid to make changes to their established order.

Oh yeah, Hemsworth is Thor in the same way the late Christopher Reeve (may he rest in peace) was Superman.

By Asgard, the Hulkbuster armor will be mine!

And my wallet will be Hot Toys!

By Asgard, the Hulkbuster armor will be mine!

And my wallet will be Hot Toys!
    Awesome!