Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13535758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1580

Thread: ‡ ℛoʑeɳ Queeɳ’s ℛαre ʋʛɱ Πişcψѵeɾy ‡

preserving VGM soundtracks is a long distance dream in all honestly, even though there's massive preservations of VGM roms and isos floating all over the internet, the music of those games is much harder to find and preserve.

and when it comes to copyright and whatnot, users here have a choice of wether to share their hard bought OST or not, to respect the composers who made them in the first place, and IMHO while copyright exists to protect many peoples hard work, let's not forget that some people abuse copyright to an insane degree.

as i have said before, this place will exist (for how long no one knows) but the download links that are often posted here won't continue to exist for a long time, evident by this OST collection's massive deletion of links, before this happens to any recent uploads the best thing one can do really is downloading what's left and store it in all media storage methods possible, online and offline, another solution would be to upload them to archive.org, as they are exempt from DMCA takedowns, that's what i can think of.

that being said, this place is truly superb, if only it wasn't so unstable at times (couple of days ago it was up for sale for some strange reason) and the community is truly awesome, it's nice to know you kind folks, truly nice
    Last edited by Warlord500; 10-07-2019 at 01:14 PM. Reason: error adjustments

Enjoyer of the Northern Wind VyseLegend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    You ignore that your "stance" is also morally reprehensible, when looking at the current state of things, that is. That hub, that database would be a dream… The reality of things, though, is different: what we have are multiple individuals, among them there are those that composed, arranged, performed the music we illegally share here… Not to mention the folks that took care of everything that goes into the creation of the CD/DVD/Blu-Ray.
    Yet, here we are, pieces of shit that … For all intents and purposes (especially with regards to the most recent releases), are potentially depriving these folks of the income they earned. Let's not kid ourselves, please, for every person which is so passionate to buy an actual copy of the album there are hundreds… Thousands more who are more than happy to stick to their pirated copy.
    I'm all for changing copyright laws, but the copyright holders have every right to strike down any illegally provided download link they come across, to say otherwise is completely asinine. They have a right to protect their work.

I'm not going to comment on the preservation of things, that sounds completely dumb to me: death is the price we pay for getting the chance to live; it may come a day — if we're lucky, long after our departure when not a single soul will know that we once existed, because there will be no evidence of it.
    Everything which is connected to us is bound to eventually disappear. Accept that not even what we create can escape this fate, it is all going to disappear at some point, stuff is bound to be lost. The idea itself is laudable, mind, but you can't preserve everything.
    While I appreciate your work as a moderator and keeper of the forum, your opinions are, at the least, completely wrong. Copyright itself is a crime against the public. Since no such thing as 'intellectual property' can be proven to have ever existed.

On point #2, preservation is the only thing we have to keep civilization alive and moving forward, and in the event it collapses or is destroyed, the remnants can be discovered and learned from later on. This has happened before, as an Italian like yourself should know.

I guess you weren't aware of the great efforts undertaken by many mostly Italian intellectuals to discover and establish the very theories and practice of music which we rely on to this day by parsing ancient Greek and Roman texts, combined with those kept by Christians and universities and also even recovered from Arabia, to improve theory and practice and eventually be inspired to create the 'nuove musiche' which is still the basis of modern music (having led to the propagation of practical harmony used by the likes of Corelli Vivaldi Bach Handel et al).

The idea that maintaining and propagating our history is meaningless because life inevitably ends would inherently end the project of civilization as an effort at all; in other words, barbarism.
    Last edited by VyseLegend; 10-07-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Geriatric Pirate Otaku ~ at your service ~
    ————————————

Sought: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Nyaa: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Demonoid: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

GFAQs : [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Disqus : [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Reddit : [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by MetroAndroid View Post
    In 1000 years, no one will be praising the people who struck down copyrighted downloads, they'll be praising the people who preserved the works in as many places as possible, so that they couldn't be lost when inevitably the official stores go down, the artists fail to reupload their own works at other stores, the artists pass away, discs go out of print, become incredibly rare and expensive, or are a limited run by design, original recordings are lost by copyright holders, only lossy is available, soundtracks aren't deemed profitable enough to sell, etc...
    1000 years in the future is much too time to predict what'll happen and I doubt our precious rips will survive that long.
    I just know that if I lose my backups and the laptop I lose everyhting I've got not only from here.
    Last edited by franzito; 10-07-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    フランジト

Check out my [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (unusual & rare stuff) : D

Survived the 『Hunt』, but not the Lady. Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VyseLegend View Post
    While I appreciate your work as a moderator and keeper of the forum, your opinions are, at the least, completely wrong. Copyright itself is a crime against the public. Since no such thing as 'intellectual property' can be proven to have ever existed.

On point #2, preservation is the only thing we have to keep civilization alive and moving forward, and in the event it collapses or is destroyed, the remnants can be discovered and learned from later on. This has happened before, as an Italian like yourself should know.

I guess you weren't aware of the great efforts undertaken by many mostly Italian intellectuals to discover and establish the very theories and practice of music which we rely on to this day by parsing ancient Greek and Roman texts, combined with those kept by Christians and universities and also even recovered from Arabia, to improve theory and practice and eventually be inspired to create the 'nuove musiche' which is still the basis of modern music (having led to the propagation of practical harmony used by the likes of Corelli Vivaldi Bach Handel et al).

The idea that maintaining and propagating our history is meaningless because life inevitably ends would inherently end the project of civilization as an effort at all; in other words, barbarism.
    Oh, I am aware of that stuff, I studied, after all. I just no longer care about preservation of whatever constitutes the human civilization, for a multitude of reasons. Okay, let's keep it to music: so much of it has already been lost, so many doujin and obscure video game+Anime+movies music releases that were once — solely available as 128 kbps MP3 files (or encoded at worse bitrates, even) have disappeared from the Web years and years ago, scattered around countless boards not dissimilar to this very one. That alone would be enough to state that on a technical level, the preservation project a few of you seemingly dream of has already failed.
    Let's humour ourselves and move onto a more general level: some of the worst threats to the preservation of music have already been evidenced by you and the other user, Vyse, still… Let's expand a bit on it, or risk repeating a few points.

- Sometimes the original recordings/master tapes may be lost/not "survive" the passing of time or, again, accidents/natural disasters;
    - Other times, even the composer doesn't keep copies of the music he/she wrote.
    - This point has been subtly hinted at just above, but not everyone cares about this in the same way. I'm sure we've both seen it happen countless times: composers that keep their music encoded in MP3 format, dead torrents of "collections", closed FTP servers or, to hit a bit closer to this place and, well, the lossless VGM thread… Failed replacements.

EDIT: No matter how much effort you put into archiving, it may all disappear due to stuff out of your control, so, why bother? I already know the answer, still, it may all be for naught… Blame/Fault wouldn't necessarily lie with you, either.

Hahahahahahahahaha! Dear Lord, here I am, almost 4:10 AM around here and I'm laughing in front of a monitor, kind of brings back memories of happier days.
    Please, stick with me and the Shrine a bit more, let's see what happens here: someone posts a re-upload request in a thread… More often than not, that poor user gets ignored. It doesn't matter that a few other users who posted in the thread are still active nowadays and are known hoarders of lossless encodes… The user won't get a re-upload; now, before someone erroneously picks this as the chance to jump at my throat, I'm not blaming any of those users, the reason(s) why they choose to refrain from re-uploading are theirs and theirs alone (plus, as I love to say myself: nobody owes anyone shit around here), I'm just using this example to illustrate the state of things: it's every man for himself around here. We get what we want, then we leave; re-uploads are way rarer than it would seem.
    We're supposed to all work together and preserve music to the best of our abilities? Sorry, can't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

Also, maybe it's due to the fact that I've contributed art to computer games that have ended, without fail, illegally shared on torrent websites, but I do think that artists, regardless of the type, should have some way to legally protect themselves (and what could be their source of income)… If they can achieve that by getting a link to an illegal download of an album they released two days ago deactivated, so be it.
    Last edited by Leon Scott Kennedy; 10-07-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] | N: “He was having his favourite dish.” | [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Wither away.

Onion Kid
    Not to distract from the conversation that is actually super-interesting (if that sounds sarcastic, I'm not trying to be) but can the FMPSG albums be reuploaded anywhere?

Grand Shriner
    I do not have FMPSG, but I have all of Aoi Konoha Remix shared in this thread.

Well, I don't mean to say that 'the entire body' of the works (including doujinshi, demos, tapes. etc,) of things like you mention even could be preserved, and I never would claim such a thing. I think its clear that any any point in time, most of the things we would consider worth preserving are almost certainly lost, and only certain better kept or simply lucky artifacts survive.

As commentary, I'll just add that probably between all of us, various fragments of these smaller things exist and can be shared. That's the good of the community aspect here. I know I have lots of random things that probably I never even wanted but just download for the hell of it cuz I saw it might become rare one day.

"Oh, I am aware of that stuff, I studied, after all. I just no longer care about preservation of whatever constitutes the human civilization, for a multitude of reasons. "

I find this a baffling statement without qualifications.

": No matter how much effort you put into archiving, it may all disappear due to stuff out of your control, so, why bother? I already know the answer, still, it may all be for naught… Blame/Fault wouldn't necessarily lie with you, either."

Well, I would like to challenge that fate if possible. I don't like the idea of a world where everything resets every generation. I think we tried that for like a million years before discovered civility as a species.

I know for a fact ive done way more than I ought to to upload, re-upload, answer requests etc. on this forum, but I won't pretend the people asking weren't grateful. The real reason Im always harping about torrents and other failsafes is just because of the mental anguish that must be overcome for anyone to actually answer these type of requests, due to our lazy nature.

Personally I couldn't care less if any downloads are taken down for whatever reason. I just think that better business models would proliferate much more and more spare income would exist for customers if we weren't chained to the copyright cartels from the beginning.

As we all know the corporations gain vast legal protections to pilfer from the public and incentives to invest beyond their means constantly, gained from legal corporate charter provisions, copyright being just one egregious privilege. You can blame the rise of statism and false enlightenment values in the 18th century for that - whereby a powerful and 'rightful' central state can dictate a nation and grant its bastard children, corporations, superior rights over average persons as both will profit in tandem as per the original royal charter and joint-stock companies.

In the past artists relied on a few rich patrons, but now they are relying on many poor ones. It would be great if there were many rich patrons instead. Who would bother trying to enforce a certain sales method for their games and CDs it they could more easily incentivize patrons and donations for more rich work instead? The flawed Malthusian model of the world has been at the core of this fallacy, of scarcity over abundance. While resources appear scarce, human ingenuity is infinite and could spur on infinite growth for all of us and not just for certain central banks and the nations they control.

Is Mixi going to come back, though? If not, then all this talk is pointless.

Is there a chance the Sega Rally OST's can get reuploaded? Or if anyone happens to have them, can they share a link please?

Quote Originally Posted by Trotmeister View Post
    Is Mixi going to come back, though? If not, then all this talk is pointless.
    I beg to differ: the talk is not pointless. It has more to do with Mixi coming back or not.

Onion Kid
    [QUOTE=mixi;2898754][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
    [center][Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Is it possible to get a reupload of this?

Hey, I checked my MEGA and I noticed that most of my .7z.001 files are gone.. and some other stuff. Looks like I am a victim of this madness as well. Oh wel...
    Yappari Saigo wa "Ai ga Katsu".

One-Year War Veteran/WWWA Tro-Con KusanagiShiro's Avatar
    My Mega got hit as well.
    If you have a question about Ys or LUNAR, ASK AWAY! I will answer it to the best of my ability!

Grand Shriner
    Anyone have these 2 in FLAC?

ROCKMAN EXE 5DS & 6 Complete Music Encyclopedia
    ROCKMAN EXE TRANSMISSION SOUND TRACK

I wonder if Mixi will be somehow getting this, like he miraculously did Vol. 1 ?

Too bad I only learned this existed just today so I couldn't order it anyway…
    Medarot music is so dope

Check out the preview digest

They've also released a new arrange CD, 'Medarock' - wonder if its any good
    Last edited by VyseLegend; 10-19-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Korpokkur Kolossus Kirakira_Korpokkur's Avatar
    Anyone have the PERSONA3 Original Soundtrack from mixi?

Such an awesome treasure chest of music!
    Its very much sucky some of the links are dead
    Does anyone have to share..

DRAGON'S CROWN ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
    Dragon's Crown Pro Orchestra Album

mixi I sure hope you are able to keep giving us such great stuff!

Onion Kid
    Looking for Electro Rotation by RoRo. The link is dead

Okay, I did it. I bought the Medarot Game Sound Archives Vol.2 for a bit of a markup, being discontinued and Japan only. It will take a few weeks to get here but then I'll share it.

But in case anyone finds Medarock, feel free to share that.

Edit; It appears I'll be getting these two things myself before the end of the year…
    Last edited by VyseLegend; 10-28-2019 at 12:43 AM.

Shriner
    Does anyone have [Hidden link. Register to see links.]?
    I need only a disc 3 that arranged BGM...
    Last edited by zerosss; 11-02-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by testloldarius View Post
    Looking for Electro Rotation by RoRo. The link is dead
    Anyone managed to get this Gunvolt OST?

I also did not manage to get it. Can anyone help?

Onion Kid
    Still looking for it like you pal

Not much hope since it's either through some chinese website (low hope) or someone has an old copy of it

Onion Kid
    Here is "Electro Rotation", taken from Rosen Queen's Rare VGM Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by mixi View Post

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR THESE!!!

I don't want to give up on mixi just yet. There's been times mixi hasn't (re)uploaded albums for 3+ months. However, I am bit concerned mixi and Trypetide have both been offline all this time. I did manage to download mixi's albums that were still available (which isn't much), but I'd like to get everything that mixi uploaded since they are so limited and hard to find.

Anyways, I noticed I was missing the Rage Racer Remix + extra disc in my collection. Did anyone happen to grab it before the link went offline?