Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hannibal Season One Score Promo (Web-Rip): Brian Reitzell

Shriner
    Given your information, I would wager to say that the source site admins are likely wondering where an infusion of new subscribers are coming from, and have nixed approvals. So I'm not going to attempt any additional sign ups other than my current one. If you have access, keep it.

As for Season 2, its up to you. In for a penny, in for a pound. You could post what ya have now, or wait until they post the full season 2 score and then post it, which would be after the season is over, and perhaps any issues would die down.

The sad thing is if they, like, actually sold the score, even the 8.5 hour first season, I would drop the coin to buy it. I'm doing my part to get more people watching the show (which in turn employs the composer for another season). I have all the classical music from each episode (based on another website that posts Youtube links to each song on Saturday mornings following the Friday episode airing). I know from IMDB's forums that others want the score and would pay for it, but alas, no formal release. They don't even have to release it on CD, a pay to download feature would work fine.

FYI I haven't seen your (this) post identified or even mentioned anywhere other than this forum. Usually, a post like yours will get downloaded, re-named and re-posted to another forum. Not with this - you are the sole source for the material. And if you use the proper search terms, your post comes up first or second in a Google Search. So I'm surprised more don't know about it.

Banned
    Well this site is just a composer representation site. The rights to publish likely are not the composer's. But yea. Then look, even Walking Dead gets no love and it is wildly popular. Bear, now people KNOW Bear's name....

thank you Amanda

I'm sorry for your troubles, Amanda... And also it's a pity that those private sites are so closed to new members, the regular collectors as me, are not able to get this rare stuff if no one shares it publically.

Thank you for the Season 1

Banned
    Ok, but as was pointed out to me, this site licenses this music out for money. If I post it, even @ 128, it is out for free. So even more than small labels this in theory takes food right off of their tables. I mentioned to my source that this is measley mp3's, most at 128. He said they do not see it that way. So I really dunno what to think.

Shriner
    Lawyer answer - "it depends". Again, not many in the wider world are aware of your posts, so the real-world impact is negligible. 128 is not exactly high quality (like a crappy b/w xerox of a photograph). Further, they license it for commercial purchasers, sure, but would they sell it to little old me if I opened my bill fold? They could make more bank if they did, and I'm game.

Thank you so much for sharing this absolutely wonderful soundtrack! I was not aware of Brian Reitzell before I saw the first season of Hannibal, but he is now one of my favourite composers for sure!

I'm having trouble dl'ing the rar you posted. Is it only me or is the link dead somehow? I see the file on Mega, but I can't dl it for some reason. Just says "Temporary error, retrying" forever.

Thanks again!

Grand Shriner
    The Link is not working at the moment.

Banned
    There is nothing I can do about that for the time being. The link is there but Mega is acting up. I cannot dl it either.

Grand Shriner
    Anyway, Thank you Amanda .!!!!

Banned
    Just have patience and keep checking. Issues will usually resolve. I will keep an eye on it too.

Grand Shriner
    Working for me right now. Thanks for the share, I love this series dark music that adds so much atmosphere to the show.

Grand Shriner
    Working for me too!!! Thanks Amanda.!!!

So, if anyone was able to get a link for season 2, would you mind PMing me a link?
    Complete Score Wishlist:

James Horner - Romeo & Juliet (Rejected)
    John Williams - Prisoner of Azkaban, The Force Awakens
    Ghost in the Shell - Clint Mansell; The Fall - Krishna Levy; Hulk by Mychael Danna (rejected); 300: Rise Of An Empire by Federico Jusid (rejected)

Banned
    Last edited by Amanda; 11-19-2014 at 02:59 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Thank you SO much for this!! SO SO MUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    You do know this is not an official release, right? There is no link for season 2 since I have not edited and compiled it yet. When I do I will post it. I am kinda waiting to see if any more tracks get posted. There is about 4 and a half hours for it right now, but I am not in a hurry. If you are, you or someone else can find, rip and compile it. I had intended to get it done earlier but had an...issue affecting my health and mood. So, It will be done when it's done....
    Oh, my mistake. I simply thought you could download the mp3 files individually or something (I never visited the site, so I wasn't sure of how it worked). I have no problem with waiting. I've only watched the first two episodes of season 2 anyways, so I'm in no hurry. Thanks for taking the time to share this music with us. I appreciate it.

Banned
    Each track has to be downloaded separately. Then tagged as the dl does not contain the proper meta data. Then I edit out silences and level sound. So, it takes a while. There are about 120 tracks for season 2.

So quite a bit more than season 1. I guess that just means the tracks are shorter. I wonder if season 2 was just composed differently than, or if the first season combined multiple tracks into a single cue.

Changing the meta data is a bitch, though. It's amazing how such a seemingly simple task can take hours upon hours. There are times when I regret being OCD about that kind of thing.

Banned
    More tracks, but only about 4 1/2 hours, where season 1 is over 8. Also, season 1 dow2nloaded at mp3 192, but season 2 downloads as 320. So. I believe season 1 to be nearly the full season's score. Many tracks are quite huge, likely whole sections between commercials. Season 2 run 5 min or less. I do not know if they are broken up cues or if season 2 is just less heavily scored.

I'm looking forward to season 2 music
    Looking for:
    -Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows Complete Score
    -The Dark Knight Rises Complete Score (FLAC/Lossless)

The source music is actually of more interest to me than the original score (great as it is). The various renditions of Goldberg Variations and the classical pieces are most excellent - it would be nice to have them all together in one place.

47.95@71.928 tehƧP@ƦKly†ANK™ -Ⅲ¼'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare27 View Post
    I'm looking forward to season 2 music
    Me too. Especially the season finale episode.

I know that PaulStretch (software) was used for one musical piece for that episode. I was blown away by its usage.

I don't want musichannibal.tumblr.com crap.
    I can do that myself (and did do that).

I want actual confirmation on what Reitzell used for the slow motion music and not just a guess.
    The Goldberg Variations are practically public domain with about a thousand different versions you can find (purchased or downloaded).
    The "Gould" version is what the tumblr user decided to use.
    I have Glenn Gould and Keith Jarrett cover versions of The Goldberg Variations.
    It's still relatively unknown just how much he (Reitzell; not the tumblr crapper) slowed the music down for that episode.
    It may not have been a solid integer but a fractional speed (exempli gratia: 3.78964542987...).

I'd have to watch the episode again and use a Beautiful Mind to calculate the timing and/or any editing (pre-time length trimming to suite the episode).

I tried to google but only found fans to do their own crap and no word from any production notes or the composer himself.

I seriously hope it comes up in the special features for the season 2 blu-ray.
    The season 1 blu-ray has an awesome featurette on the music for the series.
    We're going to get you. We're going to get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep.
    Check out my [Hidden link. Register to see links.]!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

POST NO BILLS!

Banned
    The composer has not updated samples for several weeks, so at least the last 4 episodes are not represented.
    Last edited by Amanda; 11-19-2014 at 03:01 AM.

47.95@71.928 tehƧP@ƦKly†ANK™ -Ⅲ¼'s Avatar
    I think I'm going to try do some PaulStretch on some random covers of The Goldberg Variations (Aria).
    With different speeds.

I can post the x4 and x8 slowed versions in MP3.
    I can also do Vide Cor Meum in PaulStretch slow motion too, just for fun. (the vocals sound weird and could be annoying at some parts, but the orchestra is superb in PaulStretch).

I don't have any lossless sources for Reitzell's work do any PaulStretch.
    Using his Mp3 samples could cause unwanted artefacts (or pleasing side-effects).
    I could rip something from the season one blu-ray (since the music and largely concentrated in the FL/FR/SL/SR/LFE channels, leaving the C channel to dialoge/sfx) and PaulStretch that. The titles should be relatively simple. The end credit snippets, as well.