Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hannibal Season One Score Promo (Web-Rip): Brian Reitzell

Banned
    ADDED MIRRORCREATOR LINKS TO THE ORIGINAL POST.

I normally don't anymore. Mega is SO easy and quick for me, and really stable. This was a special request from a friend, so since I made them, I posted them. When or if they go, they go.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Killgrave View Post
    When it comes to death we can't help but watch. Here's a further depressing note: there's about 5000 years of recorded human history - from Sumeria to the present day- and in those 5000 years only 500 years have been free of war. Not free from murder, killing or other forms of lethal conflict, just free from war. And those 500 years weren't back to back, they are scattered throughout the 5000.

So humans have spent 90 percent of our history - recorded that is - killing one another on a grand scale. No wonder death fascinates us as a species:

It's the one thing we truly excel at.
    We probably have it in us ever since the Neanderthals and other types of primitive humans began interbreeding... who knows.

Is it fair to say that if such a "rooted" thing shocks some of us, then we stepped up in evolution?

Here are the opening titles, which I didn't see anywhere on Amanda's promo (not complaining). I used clipconverter to create an mp3.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Complete Score Wishlist:

James Horner - Romeo & Juliet (Rejected)
    John Williams - Prisoner of Azkaban, The Force Awakens
    Ghost in the Shell - Clint Mansell; The Fall - Krishna Levy; Hulk by Mychael Danna (rejected); 300: Rise Of An Empire by Federico Jusid (rejected)

This is one of the rare shows that gives me nightmares. It's great. The imagery and the music is so beautiful and creepy.
    Thank you very much!

Banned
    I have not watched it. I don't do gore or blood well and cannibalism wigs me terribly.

I rented the first disc yesterday, since I'm a big fan of Mads Mikkelsen and I wanted to have a context for when I listened to the score. Basically, it's a typical police procedural with little to no character development. Hannibal is a lesser supporting character that comes off as more of a robot than a sadist. The show's visual style is interesting, but not enough to sustain my interest. The four episodes I watched was enough, and I don't think I'll be watching anymore of it. Which is sad, since it was creator of the show also did Pushing Daisies, which is one of my favorite shows.

The score reminded me a lot of Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross' work for David Fincher. Mostly sound design (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), but less thematic material than I usually prefer. I'll be giving the promo a listen to soon.

Grand Shriner
    Thank you very much, Amanda!

Quote Originally Posted by GrayEdwards View Post
    I rented the first disc yesterday, since I'm a big fan of Mads Mikkelsen and I wanted to have a context for when I listened to the score. Basically, it's a typical police procedural with little to no character development. Hannibal is a lesser supporting character that comes off as more of a robot than a sadist. The show's visual style is interesting, but not enough to sustain my interest. The four episodes I watched was enough, and I don't think I'll be watching anymore of it. Which is sad, since it was creator of the show also did Pushing Daisies, which is one of my favorite shows.

The score reminded me a lot of Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross' work for David Fincher. Mostly sound design (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), but less thematic material than I usually prefer. I'll be giving the promo a listen to soon.
    you really should have given more episodes a chance
    the first five episodes arent indicative of the shows overall quality and it gets much less procedure-ish after that

Quote Originally Posted by Kadron View Post
    you really should have given more episodes a chance
    the first five episodes arent indicative of the shows overall quality and it gets much less procedure-ish after that
    I might finish off the rest of the season... I'm undecided right now. I'm in the mood for something creepy, and this seems to scratch that itch well enough. Does Hannibal ever become more involved in the show? Even though he didn't have a significant amount of screen-time in the movies, he was still a vital part of the story. I'm not sure what his purpose is on the show; he doesn't seem to do much.

47.95@71.928 tehƧP@ƦKly†ANK™ -Ⅲ¼'s Avatar
    Thanks a lot for this!
    Love the show so much I ripped my blu-rays to my external and watched them with the center channel muted.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

Does Hannibal ever become more involved in the show?
    Did you watch the first episode only or something?

To spoil it, yes he's heavily involved.
    Keep watching. If you want to know exactly what he does, everyone here start spoiling.
    We're going to get you. We're going to get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep.
    Check out my [Hidden link. Register to see links.]!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

POST NO BILLS!

Grand Shriner
    Thank you very much for your great work!

Shriner
    I saw this composer talk at a panel during last year's Comic-Con. He seemed kind of like a jerk.

Still willing to give his music a try though. Thanks a lot for this.

Banned
    Here are the main and end titles ripped and edited from hulu:

Spoiler!

Thank you very much! I have been wanting to listen to this since the first episode.

Onion Kid
    can you please reupload this?

Banned
    The mega links is alive and well. I can dl it fine. As noted above the mirrors were only intended to be short term access for a friend. If they are dead, then they are dead. use the mega link.

Onion Kid
    Hi Amanda,

now it works!

Thank you for this
    Last edited by bootytime803; 03-16-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Onion Kid
    Thank you so much. Made my day.

I might finish off the rest of the season... I'm undecided right now. I'm in the mood for something creepy, and this seems to scratch that itch well enough. Does Hannibal ever become more involved in the show? Even though he didn't have a significant amount of screen-time in the movies, he was still a vital part of the story. I'm not sure what his purpose is on the show; he doesn't seem to do much.
    Hannibal doesn't have a significant amount of time in the movies? That would apply to Manhunter most certainly and also The Silence Of The Lambs but not the other three films. As for the tv series, he's all over it like beans on toast.

It's a riveting watch. And for any one who's read the books, it's a real feast as it's clearly been made by folk who are well versed with Thomas Harris's work.

Amanda, considering you don't watch the show I'm even more staggered by your commitment to bringing this music to us. I'm very thankful indeed.

Banned
    Last edited by Amanda; 11-19-2014 at 02:52 AM.

That's terrible, Amanda, and a great shame.

Banned
    Last edited by Amanda; 11-19-2014 at 02:53 AM.

Onion Kid
    Thank you! Been waiting for this one.

Banned
    Last edited by Amanda; 11-19-2014 at 02:53 AM.

4 hours of season 2 aready?