Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: First RPG?

Dragon QuestIII or FFIII
    which ever came out first

i can always make you smile~ Yui's Avatar
    my first rpg was Chrono Cross.

My first RPG was Zelda: A Link to the Past, shortly followed by Secret of Mana, and both of them were great. The first Turn-based RPGs I played were FF Mystic Quest and Suikoden. I thought FFMQ was rubbish while Suikoden had a pretty good story but was boring to play.

wondering swordsman from the east
    my first rpg game was legend of zelda for gameboy back in the day. now i'm currently playing something that i'm borrowing from a friend.

~Drifting slowly into her insanity~ RinoaLeonhart's Avatar
    Mine was Final Fantasy 8, it both introduced the RPG genre to me, but also the Final Fantasy series!
    This was back in 1999 and it is by far my ultimate fav game!

Still waiting for her Knight to come...

To be the best, you have to beat the best Scarface920's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RinoaLeonhart
    Mine was Final Fantasy 8, it both introduced the RPG genre to me, but also the Final Fantasy series!
    same here

and same here

FF8 RULES!

NOOBS!!!!!!!

Haha J/k.
    I am 87% addicted to Counterstrike. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

SHAZAM!...damn...it didn't work.... clanotheduck's Avatar
    well...first RPG ever...i'd say 7th Saga...SNES was the first game machine i ever had...and 7th saga was actualy one of the first games i had ever played...@_@...that might be why i'm so hooked on RPG games.

i'm leaving FFshrine...but everyone go join [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

its a wonderful forum needs more members!

ff8 i didnt even no wat a rpg was till i played it thank u square ^_~
    Sig limits: 400x150, 50kb

my first rpg was Secret of Mana on SNES

i loved it

On a forgotten page of eternity
    There lies a land embraced by mighty gods.
    Her name... Eorzea.

A little game called Battletech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception for the PC. Played it in what must have been 1991, and by then it was already 4 years old. It was a sort of adventure/strategy RPG and the first video game dealing with the battletech universe, which eventually spawned the Mech Warrior games.

Had no idea what an RPG was at the time, and didn't play any others for 7 years when I first played a game that I actually new was an RPG: FF7.

My friends call me Yo-Yo Cpt_Yossarian's Avatar
    If you consider Zelda a Link to the Past an rpg, I'd say that was my first but I mean if you consider oral... ahhh I mean the first real rpg I played was Super Mario RPG (...decently sure that was an rpg). I then went on Squaresoft binge with FF7, Parasite Eve, and Brave Fencer Musashi all within a pretty narrow time frame (there were others but if it didn't last long its hard to remember their names...). That was back when the the gaming intelligence agency was up: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] . That was totally my favorite site back in the day. I think I was really open to games at that time (like 12-14) and the games were like a thousand times more affecting because of my age. Those games convinced me to get into programming which is something thats become more than just a hobby.
    Yossarian - the very sight of the name made him shudder. There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive. It was like the word subversive itself. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

To be the best, you have to beat the best Scarface920's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purrr
    my first rpg was Secret of Mana on SNES

i loved it
    i got so freakin far in that game but i never finished it because i got stuck and didnt kno where to go when you to get to the desert place

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaki Muyo
    A little game called Battletech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception for the PC. Played it in what must have been 1991, and by then it was already 4 years old. It was a sort of adventure/strategy RPG and the first video game dealing with the battletech universe, which eventually spawned the Mech Warrior games.

Had no idea what an RPG was at the time, and didn't play any others for 7 years when I first played a game that I actually new was an RPG: FF7.
    Hey, were the same age.

Never even heard of that game, who made it? Was it the same people who made Mech Warrior?

FFIII, but now called FFVI.

I remember buying Final Fantasy X at GameStop (or Software Ect., as it was called back in the day) for the cheap price of twenty-five dollars (because it was used and old). My friend had mentioned this game to me at school earlier, telling me how cool and exciting it was. So, I took his advice and bought it. This was my first ever RPG; since that day, I've loved RPG's.

My first RPG was FF VIII.

Mine was Pokemon Blue

Lunar "Silver Star Story", this is the first rpg game that i've finished back on the Sega Genesis CD sytem, and this is the game that introduce me to RPG.

I think the first rpg I ever had was Grandia1 for the playstation and I remember that me me months to complete it was a great game though.
    The Trick is to quit while you are still ahead!

FFShrine Sig Maker UltimateFFFan's Avatar
    Pokemon Blue, but the first good RPG I played was FFVIII, then I played FFVII and got hooked on FF, hence why I've got a copy of every game (On PS2 and PC)

Mine was Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening on the GameBoy. However I think that is more an adventure game. My first Square RPG though was Final Fantasy 7. I got it when I managed to convince my parents that buying a PS was a good thing. I bought FF7 with my PS.

FinalFantasyForever HeavensCloud4's Avatar
    Well if you consider the first zelda for nintendo and rpg than that was mine. But what really got me into the rpg games was FFVII which is still my all time favorite game like many others im sure. I have played all of the FFs and many other rpgs. I just cant turn my back on them.
    Final Fantasy Forever

A Sword Pierces the Clouds Signaling Death is Upon Us..
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

She'll come back when it's all over... Aerisfreak91's Avatar
    Hmmm. Final Fantasy VII. That was the first one ive ever played! That's where i fell in luv with Aeris!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thanks to Lush for the Best Sig eva!

Quote Originally Posted by aeriscloud
    Did you wait until the ending credits of where they show scenes of flower fields and Aeris turning slowly, like she's sensing someone coming to her. That was Cloud.
    FAV shriners: aeriscloud, Huntress Krystle, Lush "Personal Sig Maker"

PM if ya wanna join!

Grand Shriner
    Secret of mana (seikendesetu series) took me ages as i could only hire it from the local video store. it was chance and luck if ur save file was still there the next time u hired it!!!!!