Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What was the last video game you purchased?

I SAIL THE MEANBOAT OUT ONTO AN OCEAN OF BASTARD mrmonkeyman's Avatar
    Originally posted by Prak
    If it counts, I paid for a Fileplenet subscription so I could get the Tribes: Vengeance beta. That's sorta like buying the game. Almost. Maybe.
    I did that too.
    Goddamn tribes vengeance is fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezo
    I don't know about you, but I don't think there's anyone more awesome than mrmonkeyman: FFShrine's resident raconteur and man about town, as well as my dearest friend.
    TK - Especially when the quote isn't even funny or clever and hardly makes sense.
    MMM - We should all start quoting ourselves like that in our signatures.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Goddamn tribes vengeance is fun.

Yep. It's completely washed away the bad taste Tribes 2 left in my mouth.

Considering how many new betas that subscription gets you into, it's an awesome deal.

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Final Fantasy XI European Edition and Trainz, both for the PC (both purchased just over a week ago).

Although I have to wait another week or so before I can play them (which is when I finally get my new PC).

Also put Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires for PS2 on laybuy, and will probably be picking it up next week. After that...
    enkffxisig-new-small

I bought FF X-2 about 4 days ago, lot of fun.

I also am gonna pre order GTA : SAN ANDREAS soon.
    Raw Imma give it to ya, with no trivia
    Raw like cocaine straight from bolivia.
    My hiphop will rock and shock the nation
    Like the Emancapation proclemation

I just bought Final Fantasy XI European Edition last week.

And after the sub standard reviews Fable is getting, and after playing the slow-paced Battlefront demo, I think this is going to be a game that stays for quite some time.

Xbox Live and PlayStation Network ID: RaidenexS
    Steam Community ID: Raidensoul

My mate downloaded Fable, said it is WAY overrated and gets boring real quick.

Grand Shriner A WILD SNORLAX APPEARS's Avatar
    ESPN NHL 2k5... Star Ocean: Till the End of Time before that.

Burnout 3 next.

I bought Star Ocean - Till the End of Time last night...

...and Star Wars: Battlefront on Sunday. Damn I buy too many games.

Mind you, I can play two games at once - I was levelling in Tahrongi Canyon in FF11 last night and playing SO3 at the same time <.<

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Heh, that's the same two games I last bought. Except I got Star Ocean last week and just got Star Wars: Battlefront.

Grim Fandango
    ~~
    ~STFU~

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Picked up Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires for PS2 on Wednesday, and have been playing it almostnon-stop in order to take my mind off FFXI.

So much so, nearly all of China is now under the rule of the tyrannical Ka Na Ko Empire! (Ka Na Ko is one of my Edit characters from DW4). Shu is long gone, Wei has just about been swallowed up completely, and only Sun Jian in Wu stands between Ka Na Ko and total conquest.

I need to get out more...

Enemy of many, hero to some lone wolf's Avatar
    A buddy of mine and I just picked up Star Ocean: Till the end of time for the PS2 as well as X-men Legends, both are just amazing games

laterz
    lone wolf
    I do what I can, and thats all I can strive for...nothing more-Lone wolf

Grand Shriner A WILD SNORLAX APPEARS's Avatar
    Actually I may end up getting Shadow Hearts: Covenant instead.. or Donkey Konga (cause I like rhythm games and it looks cool). It'd be shadow hearts no question but I have 2 rpgs I've not finished yet first (tales of symphonia, star ocean)

Marceline
    Originally posted by K.
    It's really not overrated, in my opinion.

It's not as good as it could have been, but it's an awesome game. The controls and such are dreamy, and the quests are fun, even though you can plow through them too quickly.

Originally posted by K.
    First and foremost, I hate your friend. Fable is a game put together by a company outside of the big publishers, Lionhead, which needs sales, not dickheads STEALING the fucking game. At least rent it. Goddamn.

Now, to the actual post.

Fable is fantastic. The very atmosphere of the game is so vivid and enticing that I can't see how someone could find it boring. Well, actually, I can. The person who "played" it most likely didn't go far into it. Find me the exact point where they stopped.

The controls, as Ndi said, are amazing. Being able to swing and hit multiple enemies at once, effortlessly switching between spells that slow time, berserk you, charge you into them, or just electrocute them, then rolling back and shooting them with arrows is brilliance.

I can't see, also, how somebody can't be taken in by the story. The Stargate-SG1ish theme (that's constantly mixed in with one of the best scores in gaming history) is used to great affect, not to mention the mural-esque paintings that they further the plot with. Albeit the ending left me a little cold, the rest of the game is so unstoppably fun and engrossing that I can't see how anyone would consider it boring.

I'm actually trying to work out what's overrated about it. It's the best RPG I've played in years. Everything fits together so lovingly, and it feels very lionhead. Yes, it has problems, but bring me an RPG that doesn't have them. If you say FF7, I'll laugh heartily.

ASHIN, STOP. DO NOT BUY DONKEY KONGA. DO NOT. I WILL NOT LET YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The last game I bought was Naruto: Narultimate Hero 2, and I pre-ordered MK: Deception.

Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Brothers Melee for a tenner each.

My memory card is fucked, though. It syas I must format it, so I try to, but then it says it cannot be formatted and is unusable. There go my Metroid Prime and Mario Kart DD 100% saves. Curse you, Game.

Either Magic Pengel or Super Castlevania 4...I can't remember which.

I highly recommend Magic Pengel. There is nothing more entertaining than drawing genitals and having them come alive in 3d to battle flowery monsters and whatnot. Fireball-shooting penis = <3

Originally posted by Transexula
    Either Magic Pengel or Super Castlevania 4...I can't remember which.

I highly recommend Magic Pengel. There is nothing more entertaining than drawing genitals and having them come alive in 3d to battle flowery monsters and whatnot. Fireball-shooting penis = <3
    Dude. Get Katamari Damacy. You and I support good, honest, original concepts, and it's only $20!

What is this Katamari Damacy game anyway?

It's a game where you roll around a sticky ball and collect debris to rebuild stars and such or something. The more debris you gather, the more crap you can pick up and eventually you can collect really huge crap... instead of little'uns only =|

I think.
    ON OCTOBER 26th, 2009, FFSHRINE FORUM MEMBER "budarc" POSTED A MOVIE REVIEW THREAD IN GENERAL DISCUSSION INSTEAD OF IN THE TV/MOVIE FORUM WHERE IT BELONGED..

Originally posted by rezo
    It's a game where you roll around a sticky ball and collect debris to rebuild stars and such or something. The more debris you gather, the more crap you can pick up and eventually you can collect really huge crap... instead of little'uns only =|

I think.
    Bingo.

Former barret.wallace... Adamski's Avatar
    Resident Evil Outbreak (such a good game)
    Omg i haaev to get star ocean aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Waltz
    Yes making ff7 was going to far.

Originally posted by barret.wallace
    Resident Evil Outbreak (such a good game)
    I bought it and i sold three days later such a bad game in my opinion anyways i bought star wars battle front(ps2) and star ocean till the end of time

I just got Final Fantasy XI. It's pretty cool.
    Geralt of Rivia: "Power, sex. Sex, Power. They both come down to one thing - fucking others".

For me that would be Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic.